Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,469,069 times

Advertisements

CSU Pueblo's football program continues to get national coverage. The latest example is this article from the USA Today. Considering how bad the other Colorado football teams are doing this season its nice to see Pueblo being recognized nationally for what they have accomplished in only 4 years.

This is from the USA Today:

When John Wristen returned to his alma mater to become football coach at Colorado State-Pueblo in 2007, he was charged with restarting a program that had been discontinued in 1984. In the course of 13 months, he had to field a varsity team without the benefit of any prior preparation. There had been no club team, no junior varsity, no anything since the sport was dropped.

The link: Colorado State-Pueblo rebuilds toward Division II playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 AM

977 posts, read 1,329,077 times
^All of the press is well and good; but it isn't fair to leave out the tremendous financial support that the residents of Pueblo gave to get the team started.

A $15 million donation is nothing to sneeze at and arguably has given CSU-P a tremendous leg-up by allowing the school to field a team, excellent facilities, and staff while keeping expenses to a minimum and not incurring any debt.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:42 AM

^

I have to agree with you on this *gasp*

This shows that with the name change (from USC to CSU Pueblo) Pueblo has come around to support the university and with that support what the university can accomplish.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo now 8 and 0

Colorado State University - Pueblo beat Mesa University in a not so pretty way with a score of 27 to 7. The only points Mesa University scored was on special teams as they ran it in for a touch town in the first quarter.

I have a feeling Pueblo will go up at least one spot in the national poll this week as two top 10 teams played against each other.

Now I have some good news, or bad news, depending on your perspective. As everyone knows I post a lot of pictures of Pueblo on city data. Well last week I bought the new I Phone 4s 84 GB just so I could post my own films of Pueblo. Tonight was my first attempt at the game and its not the best as I still don't know how to zoom in lol. Look for more movies from me in the future and hopefully at some point I will learn how to set it to music. My goal is to make some cool videos of Pueblo set to fun music.

This was the band before the game at the alumni tent.

This is the CSU Pueblo fight song.

This is one of the touchdown's by Pueblo to make the score 21 to 7. This is where I need to learn how to zoom in. Hopefully by the next home game I will know how to do that.

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-22-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM

289 posts, read 776,555 times
Sounds like CSU-P stole the University of Minnesota's fight song...

Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo ranked 7th in nation

The new division 2 coaches poll is out and CSU Pueblo moved up 1 spot to be the 7th ranked team in the nation.

This is a link to the poll: Seven Top 25 Losses Cause Shakeup in Division II Poll

Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 PM

Talking CSU-Pueblo brightens sorry football season in Colorado

Surprisingly the Colorado Springs Gazette had a good story on the Thunderwolvs. I like the history lesson of how the football team got started and what they have done to get them where they are today.

As far as the playoffs I think Pueblo can make it far as they have the talent. Will they win the national title this year? Probably not but I do think its likely they will win the national title game in just a few years. Not bad for a new team that is only in its 4th season.

While CU Boulder, CSU Fort Collins, UNC, and the Air Force struggle Colorado football fans have one team that has a winning season and from my perspective its awesome that its a Pueblo team.

This is from the Gazette:

We are suffering through sad days for college football in Colorado. Amid this gloom, happiness reigns at an immaculate stadium on the eastern edge of Pueblo, where the Division II ThunderWolves have rolled to an 8-0 record and a No. 7 national ranking.

Read more: CSU-Pueblo brightens sorry football season in Colorado | pueblo, ramsey, csu - RAMSEY - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-24-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 AM

^Ummm, I know that you don't actually follow football and are merely a local cheerleader with a narrow viewpoint, but there are two other college football teams in CO that have winning seasons:

Mines (6-2)
Adams State (5-3)

Granted, since they've both lost to CSU-P they don't have a chance in hell of taking the RMAC, but realize that there are *gasp* other entities outside of the backwater 'burg called Pweeblo.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Talking Movin’ on up: T-Wolves tops in region

^

Mines is ranked 25th in the nation on the division 2 coaches poll but neither team is ranked in the first super 3 region poll that came out yesterday. In that same poll CSU Pueblo is ranked number 1.

Here is the article in the Chieftain about it:

The most important rankings in Colorado State University-Pueblo football history were released on Monday. And the ThunderWolves were No. 1.

The link: Movin

The top six earn playoff berths. The top two teams earn first-round byes and host second round playoff games while the teams ranked No. 3 and No. 4 play host to first-round games. At this point Pueblo sits in the drivers seat to get that first round bye and host a the second round playoff game at the Thunderbowl. Not bad for a 4th year team and the only college football team in Colorado getting national attention like that this season.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM

So, you actually bothered to figure out how DII seeding for the playoffs works? I'm impressed, it only took you three years.

I guess the Pweeblo elite do possess some talent for learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football