Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times

Advertisements

I think you have every right to be proud of Pueblo. As a kid who grew up in a big city, Pueblo feels like a small town to me.

The Denver people got a taste of your summer weather this year.

I hope you guys have the chance to be National Champs, early and often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Thanks!

It was hot everywhere this summer. Even hotter then normal here.

As far as CSU Pueblo. I think its a matter of "when" not "if" they start wining national titles. I can't wait.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:42 PM

This article is a week old but it gives some more good press for the CSU Pueblo Thunder Wolfs.

This is from Mile Hi Sports:

But it’s not all doom and gloom for football teams and fans across the Front Range. There’s an undefeated team in Pueblo turning a lot of heads, making a lot of noise and cementing a case – pound for pound – as one of the best teams in the state.

The link: Mile High Sports (http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=6241 - broken link)

I really liked how the article ended.

"So as people in Colorado bemoan the state of the local teams, they should turn their eyes to the south for a sight that will cheer them up. The CSU-Pueblo football program is on the rise."

Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 PM

Talking Thunderwolves now have 9 consecutive wins

I was reading the Examiner about CSU Pueblo and found out that they are tied for the longest wining streak in Division 2 football. This is just more fantastic news for the Pack!

This is from the Examiner:

With this win against Chadron State CSU-Pueblo has now won 9 straight games going back to last season, and are tied for the longest current winning streak in all of Division II football.

The link: Thunderwolves now have 9 consecutive wins - Colorado Springs CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves Football | Examiner.com

Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Its official. Colorado State University - Pueblo is now ranked 11th in the new division 2 coach's poll! That is up 3 spots from where they were last week (14th). So if Pueblo can find a way to win this Thursday in the nationally televised game against the Colorado School of Mines they might crack the top 10! What a way to do it.

GO PACK!

The link to the division 2 coach's poll: North Alabama New No. 1 in Division II Coaches' Poll

Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Tonight is the big game at CSU Pueblo as they take on the Colorado School of Mines in a nationally televised game. Kickoff is at 6 pm. I will be there and will post my pictures tomorrow....

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Talking Colorado State-Pueblo uses unique approach in building team

CSU Pueblo is now being recognized nationally for how much they have done. The latest is a article on the NCAA.com web site. This is great for the University and the city of Pueblo. In fact the entire Pueblo region.

This is from NCAA.com:

When John Wristen decided to accept the challenge of building a football program from scratch at Division II’s Colorado State-Pueblo, he knew it would take everyone involved with the team to develop well-rounded student-athletes that could be successful in life as well as on the football field. The approach is certainly producing results for a program that was reinstated four years ago after being eliminated due to budget cuts in 1984. Last year, the ThunderWolves went 9-2 in their third season back in competition, and this week they boast a 5-0 record and No. 11 national ranking heading into a Thursday night meeting against Colorado School of Mines that will be broadcast nationally on CBS Sports Network and streamed live on NCAA.com.

They went on to say that bringing back the sports programs in 2008, along with building the ThunderBowl, transformed student life at CSU-Pueblo. What once was a commuter school is more of a traditional student campus, and enrollment has climbed 150% since 2007. I am alumni from the university and a huge booster of Pueblo and I can see the change first hand. What was once a joke is now a major regional comprehensive university and to be honest I never thought I would see that in Pueblo.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,629 times
^At least be honest, enrollment in fall of 2007 was 4,167 students and in fall of 2011 was 5,246 students. That is an increase of 25.9% in four years. Fairly impressive growth, but off of your calculation by an order of magnitude of 6.

Not that I would expect a graduate of CSU-P to actually be capable of such simple match and critical reasoning. There's a reason that the school has the lowest admission standards in the state.

But, good luck to CSU-P against CSM tonight. The future engineers and leaders versus the future car salesmen.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
^At least be honest, enrollment in fall of 2007 was 4,167 students and in fall of 2011 was 5,246 students. That is an increase of 25.9% in four years. Fairly impressive growth, but off of your calculation by an order of magnitude of 6.

Not that I would expect a graduate of CSU-P to actually be capable of such simple match and critical reasoning. There's a reason that the school has the lowest admission standards in the state.

But, good luck to CSU-P against CSM tonight. The future engineers and leaders versus the future car salesmen.
They were not my calculations. I got the numbers directly from the article. This is the actual line it was from:

"What once was a commuter school is more of a traditional student campus, and enrollment has climbed 150 percent since 2007."

I am not sure where they got the numbers but I do agree that seems off by a lot but since it was in the article I went ahead and posted it.

It should be a fun game tonight. I am going by 5 for the tail gate parties and will take a few pictures to post here tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic Pueblo will prevail and make the top 10.

To go on futher this is what Kearneyhub.com says:

One week after Chadron invades UNK, the Lopers will play host to CSU-Pueblo at 1 p.m. Oct. 15. This week, Pueblo is ranked 11th nationally and, like UNK, also is undefeated. We believe UNK football fans are in for a memorable two-game home stand you will not want to miss with RMAC title and NCAA post-season implications.

The link: Nebraska still has unbeaten team, UNK

So it looks like in 4 short years CSU Pueblo has made a name for it self and while not a powerhouse yet they are well on their way. Plus keep in mind that so far this season they are the ONLY Colorado football team to be playing as good as they are.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,629 times
^So, you once again reaffirm the fact that a CSU-P graduate is incapable of critical thinking and blindly believes whatever someone else says.

Durh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football