Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Yale developers hinting at trying to attract Crate and Barrel and Anthropologie. But where? They have no property left to fit retailers that big.

Unless they converted the parking garage on Howe? Maybe the new grad apartments by Trailblazer?

A better candidate would be one of the new big developments, like Chapel/Howe, College and Crown, or the Colisuem redevelopment. But that's not their property.

I could also see a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's opening up at one of them. It would make a killing with the grocery store shortage downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 12:05 PM

54 posts, read 80,414 times
It seems to me that the new grad apartments would be the best bet since it's right there with Apple, Urban Outfitters, J Crew, Emporium, JPess and whoever else is there. I don't think they'd be interested in anything on Howe St, be it the garage or the new apartments. College and Crown seems like a decent option, but I think it's still too far outside of the fashion shopping area.

A trader Joe's would be great. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see one in one of the new developments.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:33 AM

627 posts, read 1,058,490 times
Has there ever been anything in that retail space under the Yale garage on Howe?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucareshokiesrul View Post
It seems to me that the new grad apartments would be the best bet since it's right there with Apple, Urban Outfitters, J Crew, Emporium, JPess and whoever else is there. I don't think they'd be interested in anything on Howe St, be it the garage or the new apartments. College and Crown seems like a decent option, but I think it's still too far outside of the fashion shopping area.

A trader Joe's would be great. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see one in one of the new developments.
Yes or an urban Whole Foods. The smaller footprint ones you see in big cities.

College and Crown and the Coliseum site will be very relevant shopping districts. Since they're new, shiny, and blank slates - you're going to see a lot more national chains popping up.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,927 times
If they can't attract Crate and Barrel, maybe Cracker Barrel will be interested.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:55 PM

54 posts, read 80,414 times
5 stories, 46 units on Elm between State and Orange.

Plan to convert Harold’s site in New Haven into apartments unveiled

Old 05-20-2015, 11:41 PM

428 posts, read 831,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
There's some large developments on the edge of Wooster Square that are about to happen. They are in current industrial areas between Wooster Square and downtown so it will be an improvement.
The edge could be. But the core could only being ruined. But the edge of Wooster and fair haven I agree(especially around that strip club) could be improved. I wouldn't want certain things to disappear though.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpierpont View Post
The edge could be. But the core could only being ruined. But the edge of Wooster and fair haven I agree(especially around that strip club) could be improved. I wouldn't want certain things to disappear though.
I don't think the core will change. Too many historic buildings. There are those ugly condos at the north end of Wooster Square I wouldn't mind seeing replaced though.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:43 AM

"101 Threads" Stitch Artists Together | New Haven Independent

New gallery in 9th Square.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:51 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,829 times
I really like New Haven but simply don't understand the draw, for some people, of Wooster Square. I think the whole area- including the core- would be well served by a renovation/redevelopment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut