Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 06:05 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Another one New Haven rents are getting expensive

Welcome To Winchester Ave. $3K A Month, Please | New Haven Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 06:52 PM

696 posts, read 703,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Another one New Haven rents are getting expensive

Welcome To Winchester Ave. $3K A Month, Please | New Haven Independent
I must say that it's exciting to see that the team's hard work in solving structural and environmental issues associated with factory buildings constructed in the 1800s and left to decay for decades has resulted in a beautiful complex that retains its historical significance while enhancing the neighborhood and adding economic value to the city.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM

54 posts, read 80,414 times
City approves Yale dorm with two floors of retail in the Broadway district. It will be built over the parking lot next to Tyco.

Yale Will Build On Broadway | New Haven Independent

Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 AM

167 posts, read 175,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
I really like New Haven but simply don't understand the draw, for some people, of Wooster Square. I think the whole area- including the core- would be well served by a renovation/redevelopment.
I lived there two-plus years after college and then reached the same conclusion you did and moved over to East Rock. Made even less sense living in WS since I'm a Modern guy so I wasn't enjoying the convenience of Pepe's and Sally's.

The only folks I know who still live there are daily commuters on Metro North and walk to Union Station (still not THAT short of walk though).

Old 08-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Also, their plan represented New Haven’s current development vision, which emphasizes entrepreneurship and mixed-use neighborhoods geared to biking and walking, as opposed to suburban-style big retail.
City Economic Development Administrator Matthew Nemerson noted that in two weeks the long-closed State Street Bridge will open, linking the project to the new market-rate apartments under construction at the former Star Supply factory on the other side. He sees a hot new-economy, new urbanist district developing where people walk to tech jobs that wouldn’t fit with a suburban-style big-box store and garage.
He called the emerging district “our Brooklyn—I know I’m not supposed to say that ... our New Haven” technology and residential area.

The two development teams vied to buy and redevelop the 195,000-square-foot building (pictured) and surrounding 6.95-acre land at 470 James St., a former CT Transit facility, at the gateway of Fair Haven’s emerging Mill River industrial/commercial district.

both development teams promised to feature access to the Mill River through a kayak launch. Both also planned to tear down the maintenance shed on the western end of the property while keeping and renovating the main building.Besides that, the two proposals offered two different visions—a big-box supermarket versus a “cool space” incubation hub for “a new generation of makers—along with two kinds of developers.

Locals Picked To Build By The River | New Haven Independent

Old 08-20-2015, 08:28 AM

High rents in effect in New Haven

Developer Eyes Rebuilding 3 Blocks In The Hill | New Haven Independent

Old 08-21-2015, 06:54 AM

It look like New Haven is aiming for high end apartments and it is in first stages.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:18 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Building boom meeting demand for apartments in New Haven

Old 09-07-2015, 08:24 AM

sound like Stamford prices.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:59 AM

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Some New Haven residents want to see the Hill neighborhood revitalized. Developers are in talks with the city to rejuvenate several areas in the Hill Medical District. The proposed plan includes housing and commercial development. “I think it is great,” said Carol Muzzey. “It would bring the city back to life and make a safe place for the students to go and to shop, and places to go out to dinner.”
Those who work in the growing medical district around Yale-New Haven Hospital say they have to take a bus or drive to get to a bite to eat.
“We actually have to go down towards the green if we want to go out to eat with my friends, so it would be nice if we could just go down the street and find something quick,” said Alessandra Dimauro.
The plan, expected to cost $100 million to $150 million, would revive the Hill to downtown and devastated areas of the Hill, including the abandoned Welch Annex School. There would be restaurants, apartments, offices, and storefronts.
“I think it’s a great idea; I think it would be really good for job creation. I think it would bring more young people than we already have, and I think it would also bring in families,” said Tehreem Babar.

New Haven developers hope to revitalize Hill to downtown area | WTNH Connecticut News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut