Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 06:58 AM

154 posts, read 79,211 times

Advertisements

Stefanowski will win this election. Lamont will be a disaster just like Malloy. Voters have had it finally with Democrats. Red wave coming to Connecticut. OZ is a joke and not going to figure into anything. People like saying they vote 3rd party during poll but when it comes time to vote they usually vote 2 parties. Oz tried playing spoiler and it hasn't worked. Stefanowski has run a better campaign than Foley. Lamont has been linked to Malloy very well in many ads. I think only reason it will be close is because of the cities voting heavily Democrat. Hope they don't try more fraud with copied ballots.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:00 PM

4,458 posts, read 3,353,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Stefanowski will win this election.
I think you might be correct. I just heard this on the radio this morning.

"Bob Stefanowski has inched ahead of Democrat Ned Lamont by 2.4 percentage points in the governor’s race"
https://www.ctpost.com/politics/arti...l-13355803.php

Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,864 times
Quote:
Stefanowski will win this election. Lamont will be a disaster just like Malloy. Voters have had it finally with Democrats. Red wave coming to Connecticut. OZ is a joke and not going to figure into anything. People like saying they vote 3rd party during poll but when it comes time to vote they usually vote 2 parties. Oz tried playing spoiler and it hasn't worked. Stefanowski has run a better campaign than Foley. Lamont has been linked to Malloy very well in many ads. I think only reason it will be close is because of the cities voting heavily Democrat. Hope they don't try more fraud with copied ballots.
I'm a Republican, and I highly doubt that. We said the same thing in 2014 as well with Foley and yet he lost a greater percentage that time than his initial run in 2010. This is a Democratic wave year, so you'll see a higher Democratic turnout than usual because their base is heightened up more. The candidate is what drives people out to vote, and Lamont has done a good job in distancing himself from Malloy and acknowledging his failure. Stefanowski has vowed to phase out the income tax which is HIGHLY unlikely and will be a true disaster. Half of our revenue comes from the income tax. We've heard this before with Rowland and is only a talking point to get him into office. If the income tax is to be elimated, then towns will receive less funding from the state, which will force towns to raise taxes to make up for the cut. Taxes will be lowered at the state level, but towns will individually raise taxes. I predict Oz will take votes away from Stefanowski but it will be much. Lamont is close to a moderate Democrat and is similar to Joe Lieberman IMO. He presents himself as a businessman like Stefanowski, but as a Democrat in a blue state, he is likely to be the favorite.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:17 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I think you might be correct. I just heard this on the radio this morning.

"Bob Stefanowski has inched ahead of Democrat Ned Lamont by 2.4 percentage points in the governor’s race"
https://www.ctpost.com/politics/arti...l-13355803.php
Polls are almost meaningless. If there's a pattern, it's pretty accurate. This is the anomaly. There were polls in 2014 that indicated Foley was up by 7 points and it continuously fluctuated. This is one of a couple polls I've seen with a Stefanowski lead. The vast majority have Lamont up above the margin of error.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM

Polls don't take into account the fact that people will often not vote for the 3rd party candidate even though they claim they will while being polled. OZ will not factor into this race at all. Stefanowski has really worked hard getting his name out there and campaigning. Foley was not this aggressive. Ned Lamont will just be another 4 years of Malloy and more Democrat control. Hartford needs a change. The legislature is even more important than the governor. I don't see the big Blue wave Democrat movement happening. The media has hyped this up around the country and it is not happening. There are more elected Republicans holding office than ever before. Congress, Governors, State Legislatures.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:01 PM

845 posts, read 681,145 times
Quote:
Polls don't take into account the fact that people will often not vote for the 3rd party candidate even though they claim they will while being polled. OZ will not factor into this race at all. Stefanowski has really worked hard getting his name out there and campaigning. Foley was not this aggressive. Ned Lamont will just be another 4 years of Malloy and more Democrat control. Hartford needs a change. The legislature is even more important than the governor. I don't see the big Blue wave Democrat movement happening. The media has hyped this up around the country and it is not happening. There are more elected Republicans holding office than ever before. Congress, Governors, State Legislatures.
You realise that the blue wave is centred around the things that will be happening in this election, right? That's the whole point of it, that a blue wave is going to sweep away that advantage the Republicans have.

Stefanowski has led in a single poll. One poll, the entire election cycle. Voter turnout is also expected to be a lot higher which favours the Democrats. Your prediction really just sounds like wishful thinking.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:39 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Malloy the dino would still be the best choice if he was running again. Only good that will come from Stefanowski winning is I will get to criticize every one here for the next four years who thinks Bob the builder is CT's savoir.

Even as great as that sounds I don't want to see Stefanowski elected because too many people will be hurt along the way while he tries his Kansas experiment on CT.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Connecticut needs some serious change. It starts at the top with Governor and hopefully Legislature. This state is being run into the ground by decades of poor leadership. It is not going to be easy but I think Connecticut still has a bright future. Democrats have had years on control in Hartford. We need a change in direction and vision for the future. Stefanowski might not be a great candidate but at least he knows things can't keep going this way. Lamont will just follow the Malloy and Liberal Democrat playbook. Tax and spend as usual. No mention of cleaning up and clearing out our sanctuary cities. Republicans are the only alternative. If they try and move things in another direction that would be a success. This will take years to turn the state around. Blue wave is a media creation. Republicans are not as scary as going back to the days of good ole Mama Pelosi running the House and Slimeball Harry Reid the Senate.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:27 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Quote:
Connecticut needs some serious change. It starts at the top with Governor and hopefully Legislature. This state is being run into the ground by decades of poor leadership. It is not going to be easy but I think Connecticut still has a bright future. Democrats have had years on control in Hartford. We need a change in direction and vision for the future. Stefanowski might not be a great candidate but at least he knows things can't keep going this way. Lamont will just follow the Malloy and Liberal Democrat playbook. Tax and spend as usual. No mention of cleaning up and clearing out our sanctuary cities. Republicans are the only alternative. If they try and move things in another direction that would be a success. This will take years to turn the state around. Blue wave is a media creation. Republicans are not as scary as going back to the days of good ole Mama Pelosi running the House and Slimeball Harry Reid the Senate.

I already stated more than once that Democrats tax and spend - Republicans borrow and spend. When Rell came up 1 billion short she didn't cut 1 billion in spending. Neither party at the state level or national level care about deficits.

Below is only one example

https://ctmirror.org/2018/01/02/conn...ive-campaigns/

A huge cost shift to the future

As The Great Recession began to weaken state finances in early June 2009, Rell and the General Assembly moved to close a $926 million deficit with the fiscal year just a few weeks from closure.
But rather than tap the $1.37 billion within the Rainy Day Fund, Rell and lawmakers instead agreed to borrow the money and leave the problem for the next governor, who turned out to be Malloy. Rell did not seek re-election in 2010.

In the long run the Republican policy of borrowing and spending is more expensive because borrowed money has to be repaid with interest.

In the example above Malloy the dino actually retired that 1 billion in borrowed debt early.

Why do you or any one else think that Republicans will cut spending ? They love spending money.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:47 PM

34,947 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Today’s poll has Lamont ahead by 9 points. Will see. All I know is I can’t wait for all the campaign commercials to end. If I see one more “He is going to this, he is going to do that”, I will scream. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2018/11/02/2-po...amont-9-today/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut