Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 06:24 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times

Advertisements

Think should lower residential property taxes. Freeze property tax rate on commercial property for 4 years with pronise to lower it after 4 years. Also a tax abatement for 10 years on commercial property. Lower bussiness tax to 6%. Do away with the bussiness entity tax. Reason I am voting for Oz.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,149,578 times
My prediction is Lamont wins and it will be because Oz and Stefanowski split the vote among conservative leaning voters. A predominantly blue state can't afford two similar candidates on the other side. Oz = Ralph Nader.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:30 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,149,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
In that same vein ... why does Lamont’s ad that just aired 2 minutes ago overtly suggest that Trump won the State of CT in the ‘16 election??! With Wolf Blitzet announcing that lie???

Furthest thing from truth. Hillary decidedly won our state and its 7 (?) electoral votes. We all know that...
I'd like to see the ad. I find it hard to believe that's what it does.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,512,252 times
Anyone else getting absolutely crushed with political mail? I just counted 17 flyers when I got my mail today. Most of them have been the same ones I have been getting for the last few months. It also seems that 90% of them are just bashing their rival with nothing on what they are going to do for the state... What a waste of postage and paper...

Old 11-03-2018, 10:41 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

That is what Stamford did in the 1970's. They gave the corporations who moved there a 7 or 10 year tax abatement and that is why Stamford is the economic powerhouse you see today. I know because my uncles and some cousins where involved in the government back then (all Republican business owners) and I witnessed their conversations about it.
works every time. Anywhere.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM

91 posts, read 125,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
In that same vein ... why does Lamont’s ad that just aired 2 minutes ago overtly suggest that Trump won the State of CT in the ‘16 election??! With Wolf Blitzet announcing that lie???

Furthest thing from truth. Hillary decidedly won our state and its 7 (?) electoral votes. We all know that...

I just saw it. The point of the ad is to link Stefanowski to Trump, and that part symbolizes that Stefanowski winning would be the same as Trump taking the state.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:44 PM

91 posts, read 125,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
My prediction is Lamont wins and it will be because Oz and Stefanowski split the vote among conservative leaning voters. A predominantly blue state can't afford two similar candidates on the other side. Oz = Ralph Nader.
As I said, I'm starting to wonder if Oz would take more from Lamont than Bob. In the debates he sounds closer to Democrats.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:06 AM

205 posts, read 162,743 times
Really don't know who Oz will hurt more. I know one Democrat who can't stand Lamont, and I thought was going to vote for Oz. Now, he is backtracking and holding his nose and voting Lamont because he hates Stefanowski that much.

Oz's stances are more left leaning toward Lamont than toward Stefanowski. His running mate is a Democrat, and he supports tolls. CT just isn't used to having a conservative candidate like Stefanowski; in CT, you could be a total social pariah, but as long as you have that "D" after your name, you'll usually get elected. Stefanowski is doing well because things have got so unbearably bad under Malloy, and he has a real shot to win. Trump actually won my town in 2016, and Stefanowski lawn signs outnumber Lamont signs in my town almost 10:1. The Democrat platform of "I hate Donald Trump" doesn't offer much other than tax increases (including tolls, which are a form of triple taxation, because they are paid with income that has already been taxed at the federal and state level); sustaining the big government boondoggle; and remaining one of the least business friendly states in the union, along with gimmicky nanny state provisions. Democrats hate Trump's $10,000 cap on the state and local tax deductions on Schedule A because CT pays among the highest property taxes in the country, and find it punitive for their high tax/high spend plans. My friend just bought a house in Texas about the same size as mine, and his taxes are about $600 a year, while I pay almost $3700 a year, and I'm in a town with one of the lower mill rates that has been quite fiscally responsible in comparison to places like Hartford. The idea that CT will lose if Stefanowski, a Trump supporter wins, is a pure scare tactic on the part of the Democrats. It's a desperation move by a party that knows they have failed, and despite the media's every attempt to sugar coat it, people want change, and many feel that Stefanowski offers that change.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:19 AM

14,056 posts, read 13,950,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
CT will be same nothing much will change expect more taxes and budget in red same leadership but different face

Old 11-04-2018, 06:03 AM

464 posts, read 312,789 times
For those voting for OZ, I hope your second choice is an even split between Bob and Ned. If it have ANY preference of Bob or Ned in a ranking, you should be voting for that person instead. I’m not sure what point you are proving by voting Oz. It truly is a wasted vote. You can tell me otherwise all you want but truth is Oz won’t win.

If you don’t care strongly about Bob vs Ned, then go ahead, make the Oz vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut