Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 10:25 AM

6,877 posts, read 3,729,789 times

Advertisements

The titans of New Haven county square off in the finals
New Haven , Milford

Old 05-27-2020, 03:42 PM

138 posts, read 114,788 times
New Haven vs Fairfield

Milford vs Old Saybrook

Old 05-27-2020, 06:35 PM

25 posts, read 13,227 times
I need to change my vote, again.

I love Old Saybrook - it is the quintessential CT shoreline town. Also - great schools, quiet, safe. But - New England offers hundreds of quaint seaside villages, and Old Saybrook is pretty, but in comparison, it's average.

Milford has an eclectic vibe, not easy to find in CT. It has beaches, a downtown, plus socioeconomic diversity. The schools are not the best, but range from average to above - none are bad. It's safe, relatively affordable, and convenient. Milford maintains its CT shoreline essence, but with grit that isn't felt in Old Saybrook

I vote Milford. (And Fairfield)

Old 05-27-2020, 07:03 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,635,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrtRcTmNE View Post
I need to change my vote, again.

I love Old Saybrook - it is the quintessential CT shoreline town. Also - great schools, quiet, safe. But - New England offers hundreds of quaint seaside villages, and Old Saybrook is pretty, but in comparison, it's average.

Milford has an eclectic vibe, not easy to find in CT. It has beaches, a downtown, plus socioeconomic diversity. The schools are not the best, but range from average to above - none are bad. It's safe, relatively affordable, and convenient. Milford maintains its CT shoreline essence, but with grit that isn't felt in Old Saybrook

I vote Milford. (And Fairfield)
Just changed it for you. OMG though, now OS probably is going out this round. Oh well, at least it made the top 4 again like it has in the last 2 tournaments!

Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 PM

I am having a STRONG feeling that Milford is going to be champion this year!

Old 05-27-2020, 11:31 PM

25 posts, read 13,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Just changed it for you. OMG though, now OS probably is going out this round. Oh well, at least it made the top 4 again like it has in the last 2 tournaments!
Thank you! I'm surprised Milford made it to the final four! It's a solid choice - a balanced, semi-average but checks most boxes sort of town. Definitely some thoughtful voting in this tournament. Can't wait to see the results!

Old 05-28-2020, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrtRcTmNE View Post
Thank you! I'm surprised Milford made it to the final four! It's a solid choice - a balanced, semi-average but checks most boxes sort of town. Definitely some thoughtful voting in this tournament. Can't wait to see the results!
I am honestly not that surprised. Seriously is there any town that has more to offer than Milford? It is literally the perfect town for most people. Very pretty downtown with waterfalls, duck ponds, and great nature. So much convenience that includes CT's largest mall, and almost all the chain restaurants you can think of. Great individual restaurants as well. And for chain sit down restaurants, you can just go down the road to Orange next door and you'll be right at them. So many ice cream shops as well. Great national parks with some nice green, and a great coast with many different beaches as well. Even has a few busses for public transportation and a local train station. A few quiet areas that are rural as well especially near the Wheelers Farm Area in the northern part of the town. Also very affordable to live there as well.

Seriously, is there any other town in CT that has more to offer? New Haven is probably the only other town with as much to offer, and it is very different because it is a major city, so while NH has a lot to offer as well, it lacks a few things that Milford has and vice versa.

In all honesty: New Haven, B.G.M, and Stonington are probably the only towns that have a lot of special things to offer that Milford doesn't. Fairfield actually is similar in many ways to Milford, and more upscale but at the same time, Milford really has prettier areas and has more nature in general. I expect Fairfield vs Milford will be the final, and it will be interesting to see people's choices and reasons for choosing.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:14 AM

980 posts, read 598,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
In all honesty: New Haven, B.G.M, and Stonington are probably the only towns that have a lot of special things to offer that Milford doesn't. Fairfield actually is similar in many ways to Milford, and more upscale but at the same time, Milford really has prettier areas and has more nature in general.

What?? Fairfield has 47% forest cover and Milford has 34% (Source: iTree landscape). Fairfield also has over 1,200 acres of town owned open space in addition to numerous holdings by groups such as the Aspetuck Land Trust and the Audubon Society.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:18 AM

Deadline is at 8:00pm tomorrow. Be sure to get all the last votes in!

Old 05-28-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post

What?? Fairfield has 47% forest cover and Milford has 34% (Source: iTree landscape). Fairfield also has over 1,200 acres of town owned open space in addition to numerous holdings by groups such as the Aspetuck Land Trust and the Audubon Society.
Both Fairfield and Milford have great forest areas, and yes Fairfield might have more forest cover, but at the same time Milford has waterfalls, duck ponds, and great national parks as well.

The thing with Fairfield is that the whole downtown area is a lot more city like. It is pretty in some places, but it lacks nature. To get to the Forest areas, you need to go up north. In Milford, I feel the downtown is a lot prettier with nature in itself, and the nature is really spread around the different parts of the town. Did you see the pictures that Stylo posted earlier in the thread on Milford?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut