Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 08:23 AM

34,969 posts, read 57,037,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If only we can find a Democrat that’s not tax and spend, doesn’t support far left ideologies and supports law and order, or a Republican that drops the social politics and supports the legalization of weed. Unfortunately, both sides are too loyal to their own parties to stray. And it’s only getting worse.
I agree (especially about it getting worse) but will say that Lamont has been pretty good about controlling spending and paying down our pension debts. The advance payments being made will save the state $440 million per year. We need more moderate candidates from both parties and ones that have real integrity. I’m not sure why this is not happening. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 11:27 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,728,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree (especially about it getting worse) but will say that Lamont has been pretty good about controlling spending and paying down our pension debts. The advance payments being made will save the state $440 million per year. We need more moderate candidates from both parties and ones that have real integrity. I’m not sure why this is not happening. Jay
Attention: Erin Stewart, please relinquish your position as mayor and report to the Capitol for the role of governor. We need you!

Old 10-13-2022, 05:05 AM

7,930 posts, read 7,831,350 times
Given what just happened last night I don't think we're going to see Lamont win. If this was an open race it wouldn't really matter but a sitting governor with what happened running for re-election is going to be taking a lot of heat. My sympathies for all those affected. This reminds me of when I was working in the Boston area when they ultimately caught the bomber and there was a time where you basically couldn't go out. They must find who is responsible for this and bring them to justice.

Lamont.

But might try to blame Mallory policies of releasing criminals. Connecticut already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country so I'm not exactly sure how they either campaign is going to mold this.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:52 AM

6,949 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Given what just happened last night I don't think we're going to see Lamont win. If this was an open race it wouldn't really matter but a sitting governor with what happened running for re-election is going to be taking a lot of heat. My sympathies for all those affected. This reminds me of when I was working in the Boston area when they ultimately caught the bomber and there was a time where you basically couldn't go out. They must find who is responsible for this and bring them to justice.

Lamont.

But might try to blame Mallory policies of releasing criminals. Connecticut already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country so I'm not exactly sure how they either campaign is going to mold this.
It was two brothers in a domestic fight at their home. They knew from the get go who is responsible.

Lamont is a machine that at this point cannot be stopped. He's like a Sherman tank plowing over a row of straw huts. He's cast a wide net and won over the hearts of hundreds of thousands in the state.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:02 AM

7,930 posts, read 7,831,350 times
Then he'd be up by 15%+

I'm not saying the other side will win but the ads changed and that's having an impact.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:07 AM

752 posts, read 555,683 times
Quote:

Lamont.

I don't understand why you think thousands of people will change their voting preference due to a tragic domestic violence event that Lamont had nothing to do with?

Why would he be taking any heat?

Individual tragedies happen everywhere-- Governors and other officials should be evaluated on macro-level trends where they can have an impact. As far as trends go-- crime is moving downward. (https://www.wfsb.com/2022/09/26/watc...t-be-released/)

And yes, condolences to all impacted.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:22 AM

6,949 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
Then he'd be up by 15%+

I'm not saying the other side will win but the ads changed and that's having an impact.
I don't know if 15 is a lot, but if it is he'll win by 30.
UConn football would have better odds against Ohio State

Old 10-13-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Attention: Erin Stewart, please relinquish your position as mayor and report to the Capitol for the role of governor. We need you!
I agree but she’s young with young children and has removed herself from consideration early on. She’s the one glimmer of hope for the Connecticut Republican Party I see. Jay

Old 10-13-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
I don't understand why you think thousands of people will change their voting preference due to a tragic domestic violence event that Lamont had nothing to do with?

Why would he be taking any heat?

Individual tragedies happen everywhere-- Governors and other officials should be evaluated on macro-level trends where they can have an impact. As far as trends go-- crime is moving downward. (https://www.wfsb.com/2022/09/26/watc...t-be-released/)

And yes, condolences to all impacted.
I agree. Last nights tragedy in Bristol will have little effect on the election. If Stefanowski makes too big a deal out of it and out and out blames Lamont for it, he runs the risk of looking bad by using police officers deaths in the line of duty as a political ploy. That will not sit well with voters either. Jay

Old 10-13-2022, 02:48 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,728,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree but she’s young with young children and has removed herself from consideration early on. She’s the one glimmer of hope for the Connecticut Republican Party I see. Jay
Give it time. She'll come around. Apart from being young with children, she's still cutting her teeth as mayor and she still has to build her reputation some. Once she does that, she just might be ready. Hopefully by then, a growing number of people in this state will be, too. We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut