Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 06:15 PM

34,100 posts, read 17,163,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
More proof of the misguided state of the juvenile justice system. If he did that, he should have been locked up. Why do we have to wait until rhese monsters murder somebody before we take it seriously?
agreed, but libs will want him out with a light sentence for murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 06:36 PM

21,658 posts, read 31,289,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Another forum has many saying the murderer put a 2nd kid in the hospital for days, a few months ago. Where were the parents?

I hope he gets life w/o parole.
Yep. Aggravated assault, and he was let go due to the state’s juvenile justice system. And the new bill Lamont passed to try to smooth things over would not have changed this.

This is why it baffles me that people will still vote Democrat given what damage that party has done in the state.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:20 PM

6,980 posts, read 3,799,737 times
Quote:
agreed, but libs will want him out with a light sentence for murder.
This involved $40K/yr prep school rich white suburban kids. The proggys won't care if they get the max. They're fine with it.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:10 PM

34,100 posts, read 17,163,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Yep. Aggravated assault, and he was let go due to the state’s juvenile justice system. And the new bill Lamont passed to try to smooth things over would not have changed this.

This is why it baffles me that people will still vote Democrat given what damage that party has done in the state.
I am hoping he is still in jail when his classes 50th reunion comes up.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:18 AM

6,980 posts, read 3,799,737 times
Quote:
I am hoping he is still in jail when his classes 50th reunion comes up.
Maybe not. 16 year old from Milford who Fairfielders tell me may have tried to flee to Mexico or Cuba via family. In this case, the proggers will step in and provide all the supoort he needs.

Old 05-19-2022, 02:12 PM

35,012 posts, read 57,095,967 times
So the attorney representing the 16 year old Milford teen charged with fatally stabbing 17 year old James McGrath at a Shelton house party. He’s Raul Valle. Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/shelto...7-idd-attorney

Old 05-20-2022, 10:14 AM

And meanwhile, yesterday, 3 Bridgeport juveniles were arrested in the carjacking of a woman at the Trumbull Mall where she was beaten, robbed and her vehicle stolen.

All juveniles were turned over to their parents after caught. Weren’t posters here claiming dangerous felon teens aren’t immediately released?

This is what you voted for, Connecticut.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:22 AM

35,012 posts, read 57,095,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And meanwhile, yesterday, 3 Bridgeport juveniles were arrested in the carjacking of a woman at the Trumbull Mall where she was beaten, robbed and her vehicle stolen.

All juveniles were turned over to their parents after caught. Weren’t posters here claiming dangerous felon teens aren’t immediately released?

This is what you voted for, Connecticut.
That’s just awful. Inexcusable. I’m not doubting this but can you post a link to where you found this? I think everyone would like to know more. I’d also like to send it to my Democratic State Representative to get his reaction to it. Jay

Old 05-20-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
That’s just awful. Inexcusable. I’m not doubting this but can you post a link to where you found this? I think everyone would like to know more. I’d also like to send it to my Democratic State Representative to get his reaction to it. Jay
I can’t post a link, but the Trumbull Police Department released a statement on their Facebook page that details exactly what happened.

Edit to add, here is what was posted by TPD:

“2022-05-19: Three Teens Charged with Robbery and Carjacking at Trumbull Mall

Three (3) Bridgeport teenagers were captured Thursday afternoon after robbing a local woman and stealing her car at the Westfield Trumbull Shopping Mall parking lot.

At about 2:45 p.m., a fifty-nine (59) year-old woman was loading her car in the mall parking lot when she was surrounded by three (3) young males who demanded her car keys. The woman was pushed from behind and her purse was snatched from her hands, along with her keys.

The juveniles entered her vehicle and sped off towards Main Street before police arrived. The victim was able to provide police with descriptions of the fleeing suspects and her vehicle, which was then provided to all other area police departments who assisted in the search.

A short time later, the vehicle was spotted in Danbury, but sped off when the suspects spotted officers approaching nearby. Police throughout the area continued the search, broadcasting information on the vehicle’s description and direction of travel. Monroe Police then observed the stolen car traveling southbound on Main Street (Route 25) and followed it through heavy traffic back into Trumbull, where other officers were posted.

The fleeing vehicle attempted to elude officers who were positioned at the intersection of Monroe Turnpike (Route 111) and sped across the road, traveling southbound in the northbound lane of the divided highway for a short distance. The teen driver lost control and the vehicle careened off the road, striking a signpost. The three suspects attempted to escape on foot but were quickly apprehended by officers from Trumbull Police, Monroe Police, and the Bridgeport Auto Theft Task Force.

As a result of this crime spree, one fifteen (15) year-old and two sixteen (16) year-old juveniles were arrested and charged with Larceny 1st degree, Robbery 3rd degree, Robbery by Carjacking, Breach of Peace and Interfering with an Officer.

One of the sixteen (16) year-old suspects was additionally charged with Reckless Driving and Operating a Motor Vehicle without a License. All three (3) juveniles were eventually released to the custody of their guardians on a Promise to Appear in Bridgeport Juvenile Court.“

Old 05-20-2022, 11:38 AM

Doesn’t it make your blood boil?

And this is why I’m baffled that so many here will blindly vote Democratic because they simply don’t like the Republican candidate. It goes FAR beyond candidate and this is the result. I don’t care for many Republicans either, but I also respect the law and demand accountability. Democrats do not.

Last edited by JayCT; 05-20-2022 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: Remove deleted quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut