Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Trying to kill himself & others, maybe he was on his depressant drugs maybe he wasn't. The fact is is that he deliberately crashed that plane, regardless of the reason why he did it. Trying to say that he had a stroke or a brain aneurysm is hilarious. Tell me, if this pilot were a musim, what would you be saying right now? I can guarantee what you'd be saying.
Suddenly those facts aren't at hand? Are all pilots who are Muslim crashing planes? Did not a pilot who was not Muslim crash a PSA plane deliberately? I knew you couldn't respond with facts. Nice try by asking me questions. Answer those put to you first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Torn-up sick notes show crash pilot should have been grounded | Reuters

TV News outlets are reporting that he had been declared medically unfit to fly, I can't find any corresponding web link.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Suddenly those facts aren't at hand? Are all pilots who are Muslim crashing planes? Did not a pilot who was not Muslim crash a PSA plane deliberately? I knew you couldn't respond with facts. Nice try by asking me questions. Answer those put to you first.
If this pilot was a muslim, what would you be saying right now? I guarantee what you would be saying. If you want facts, read the news. The investigators have laid out the facts so far for you, you didn't even have to do any work. What you're doing is "what ifs" which is not facts. Big difference. End of story.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Captain leaves cockpit. Co-pilot feels immediately ill, severe pain in his head. He begins descent. He can't speak. He reaches to unlock cabin door
. The pain was the onset of a brain aneurysm. He instead locks door. Ever witness some with a brain aneurysm? Ugly thing but they don't die immediately, they breathe on for a while. He sits in his seat, incapacitated. Plane eventually crashes.
The problem with this theory is that the A320 has a three position cockpit door lock, Normal (locked from outside, but may be opened via keypad), Locked (locked to outside, keypad is locked out for 5 minutes, after which time the keypad once again works) and Locked and held requiring an occupant of the cockpit to manually hold the locked position. If your scenario was indeed true, the pilot would have been able to access the cockpit after 5 minutes, which did not happen.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
The problem with this theory is that the A320 has a three position cockpit door lock, Normal (locked from outside, but may be opened via keypad), Locked (locked to outside, keypad is locked out for 5 minutes, after which time the keypad once again works) and Locked and held requiring an occupant of the cockpit to manually hold the locked position. If your scenario was indeed true, the pilot would have been able to access the cockpit after 5 minutes, which did not happen.
No, my scenario does not support what you said. Read the post again and point to where what I said supports your interpretation. I asked for facts, you can't cite them beyond what you think happened. The other poster saying they had facts leading to only one scenario seems to have disappeared.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
No, my scenario does not support what you said. Read the post again and point to where what I said supports your interpretation. I asked for facts, you can't cite them beyond what you think happened. The other poster saying they had facts leading to only one scenario seems to have disappeared.
Are you blind? I haven't disappeared & I never said that I had facts that I made, I pointed to the facts that the investigators gave the public. Good god, please read before you post. And actually that person completely blew up your theory & you know it. Facts are hard for you, aren't they? End of story.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
No, my scenario does not support what you said. Read the post again and point to where what I said supports your interpretation. Like the other poster, it doesn't and they seem to have disappeared.
Correct, thank you, your scenario is not supported by the facts of how the door lock of the Airbus A320 works. If a person were in the cockpit and they were medically incapacitated, and if they had turned the door lock switch to "LOCK", the door would have been locked for 5 minutes before the pilot on the outside would have been able to gain access to the cockpit via the keypad-- UNLESS THERE WERE SOMEONE IN THE COCKPIT MANUALLY HOLDING THE LOCK- to manually hold this lock requires that the switch be pulled OUT and held OUT, the descent of this plane took longer than 5 minutes from when the autopilot settings were changed.

EDITED--Therefore, the pilot would have been able to gain access to the cockpit. Now, that doesn't mean that it would have been in time to save the plane, but he would have gotten in.

Last edited by Buzz Bee; 03-27-2015 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 03-27-2015, 09:03 AM

See, we have the Muslim theory, yet long before this, a PSA pilot crashed a jet in the USA no less, flying it nearly straight down near Atascadero, Ca. Short memories and he wasn't Muslim. So...

Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Are you blind? I haven't disappeared & I never said that I had facts that I made, I pointed to the facts that the investigators gave the public. Good god, please read before you post. And actually that person completely blew up your theory & you know it. Facts are hard for you, aren't they? End of story.
You didn't say facts said he deliberately crashed the plane. You need a quote?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Correct, thank you, your scenario is not supported by the facts of how the door lock of the Airbus A320 works. If a person were in the cockpit and they were medically incapacitated, and if they had turned the door lock switch to "LOCK", the door would have been locked for 5 minutes before the pilot on the outside would have been able to gain access to the cockpit via the keypad-- UNLESS THERE WERE SOMEONE IN THE COCKPIT MANUALLY HOLDING THE LOCK- to manually hold this lock requires that the switch be pulled OUT and held OUT, the descent of this plane took longer than 5 minutes from when the autopilot settings were changed.

EDITED--Therefore, the pilot would have been able to gain access to the cockpit. Now, that doesn't mean that it would have been in time to save the plane, but he would have gotten in.
Incapacitated does not mean a person holding or pressing onto something with their weight can no longer do so. That is common knowledge and a fact proved by people found dead holding things. The prospect that some scenario other than the convenient one might be possible seems to bother you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events