Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times

Advertisements

Fragile, I asked you to cite the facts supporting what you said. Where are they? Then you jump to the Muslim question and again you were wrong. You're stuck on a single idea before a complete conclusion has been reached and can't defend it. Asking a question is not an answer to one. But you know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
How about no private medical records for pilots. He should not have been able to hide this illness, whatever it was, from his employer. Same with anyone holding a job where lives are dependent on them.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Incapacitated does not mean a person holding or pressing onto something with their weight can no longer do so. That is common knowledge and a fact proved by people found dead holding things. The prospect that some scenario other than the convenient one might be possible seems to bother you.
Is English your primary language? Because here is the deal, you aren't understanding something that is very easy to understand and which was written in such a way so that there would be no way to misunderstand unless you either are purposely trying to obfuscate the facts or purposely ignoring the facts, or you don't understand English as well as you think you do-

The door lock must be PULLED OUT AND HELD OUT, it is designed so that it must be a deliberate act. Someone who was not concious would not be able to keep it held in the override position, it would be physically impossible for the lock to stay in the position.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Correct, thank you, your scenario is not supported by the facts of how the door lock of the Airbus A320 works. If a person were in the cockpit and they were medically incapacitated, and if they had turned the door lock switch to "LOCK", the door would have been locked for 5 minutes before the pilot on the outside would have been able to gain access to the cockpit via the keypad-- UNLESS THERE WERE SOMEONE IN THE COCKPIT MANUALLY HOLDING THE LOCK- to manually hold this lock requires that the switch be pulled OUT and held OUT, the descent of this plane took longer than 5 minutes from when the autopilot settings were changed.

EDITED--Therefore, the pilot would have been able to gain access to the cockpit. Now, that doesn't mean that it would have been in time to save the plane, but he would have gotten in.
In your first sentence, you misrepresented my words, a rather low approach but it didn't work.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why do you continue to ignore the facts from the investigators?
Quote:
What are you talking about, not serious enough? What do you think the investigators are doing? They're INVESTIGATING. You & someone else seem to be unable to look at the facts that the investigators so far have presented, the facts that CLEARLY show that this was a deliberate act. Anyway, the investigation is far from complete so your statement is completely baffling.
Have the investigators released their conclusion? Is the investigation still ongoing or have they stopped?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Is English your primary language? Because here is the deal, you aren't understanding something that is very easy to understand and which was written in such a way so that there would be no way to misunderstand unless you either are purposely trying to obfuscate the facts or purposely ignoring the facts, or you don't understand English as well as you think you do-

The door lock must be PULLED OUT AND HELD OUT, it is designed so that it must be a deliberate act. Someone who was not concious would not be able to keep it held in the override position, it would be physically impossible for the lock to stay in the position.
Once again, people have been found holding, pulling by weight or pushing by weight, many things. They are incapacitated because they are unable to move. It is common knowledge and proved through found dead people doing those things. You say it is impossible... then prove it. I offered only an alternative scenario, it got you all bunched up because you only believe one thing is possible.

Now in typical fashion, you turn to personal attacks. I know it and so do you.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
You didn't say facts said he deliberately crashed the plane. You need a quote?
What about "read the news to get the facts from the investigator" are you not understanding? It's very simple. Read the news. The investigators themselves or himself said that very thing. If you can't read then I can't help you. I am relaying the exact information that the investigator has ALREADY GIVEN THE PUBLIC. That is your fault that you refuse to listen or read what the investigator said. I am not the investigator.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Have the investigators released their conclusion? Is the investigation still ongoing or have they stopped?
What is being said is that the information which has been released via the airline and via investigators is that the co-pilot deliberately locked the pilot out when the pilot got up to go the the restroom, then the autopilot settings were changed to descend to 100 feet (which was below terrain), and then the co-pilot deliberately held the lock in the position which would not allow the pilot to use the keypad on the door to access the cockpit.

Now it is being reported that the copilot had been in treatment for depression, and the he was deemed by doctors to be medically unfit to fly.

So, it seems that these theories of the co-pilot suffering some medical trauma in flight which caused him to blackout and somehow change the autopilot before he became incapacitated, and then somehow hold the override lock pulled in an OUT position while unconcious are just wild speculation based on whimsy.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Quote:
What about "read the news to get the facts from the investigator" are you not understanding? It's very simple. Read the news. The investigators themselves or himself said that very thing. If you can't read then I can't help you. I am relaying the exact information that the investigator has ALREADY GIVEN THE PUBLIC. That is your fault that you refuse to listen or read what the investigator said. I am not the investigator.
Same goes for you. Both of you are being deliberately obtuse about this whole thing & it's clear that you are now trolling. If you don't believe the facts, take it up with the investigators doing the investigation. They're the experts. I suggest you refrain from embarrassing yourself further & further annoying the rest of the posters on this forum who clearly know how to read.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I heard this morning, something about the co-pilot was undergoing treatment and was actually supposed to be on a leave of absence, including the day it happened. This is so tragic, and feel so sad for all those poor people....
and the airlines never knew?

So sad.....I hope something can change in evaluations of pilots....I really think anyone who is in charge of flying or driving people should be constantly evaluated every year....maybe some countries do, I don't know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events