Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 11:49 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You have two people in the cockpit at all times, like they do in the U.S. which I just found out about today.
We humans learn, sometimes the hard way. This American regulation only happened after 9/11. I hope the families of these innocent victims can find peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 11:51 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryRSpooner View Post
The Co-Pilot is the epitome of a narcissist and wanting to go out in a Blaze of "Glory." This also takes the heat off of unsavory Arab and Muslim groups. They can now say "look! look! It isn't always us!" Unless, it turns out this fellow had links to radical groups.
Let's not jump to too many conclusions just yet. There are still lots of unanswered questions.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You have two people in the cockpit at all times, like they do in the U.S. which I just found out about today.

Apparently its not required by the FAA but is standard airline policy in the U.S.

Quote:
In the US, its standard airline policy to have two people in the cockpit at all times. So if one pilot leaves to use the bathroom or for any other reason, a flight attendant goes into the cockpit in case the remaining pilot passes out or becomes incapacitated, so he or she can alert the pilot who left and let him or her back into the cockpit.
Could Germanwings Happen Here? | PJ Media

Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryRSpooner View Post
The Co-Pilot is the epitome of a narcissist and wanting to go out in a Blaze of "Glory." This also takes the heat off of unsavory Arab and Muslim groups. They can now say "look! look! It isn't always us!" Unless, it turns out this fellow had links to radical groups.
Do we know he wasn't muslim?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:55 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Let's not jump to too many conclusions just yet. There are still lots of unanswered questions.

What conclusions are people jumping to...............the evidence shows that the pilot left the cockpit, leaving the co-pilot alone. For 10 minutes the co-pilot is heard to be breathing but does not say a single word, the plane is taken off course and sent full speed into the side of a mountain, something that could only have been made as a conscious decision on the part of the co-pilot.

So what explanation do you have that doesn't involve the co-pilot deliberately killing himself and everyone else on board that plane.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
What conclusions are people jumping to...............the evidence shows that the pilot left the cockpit, leaving the co-pilot alone. For 10 minutes the co-pilot is heard to be breathing but does not say a single word, the plane is taken off course and sent full speed into the side of a mountain, something that could only have been made as a conscious decision on the part of the co-pilot.

So what explanation do you have that doesn't involve the co-pilot deliberately killing himself and everyone else on board that plane.
I still believe there is a possibility of a medical situation. I am not saying this guy is innocent but I can wait until the full report comes out.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
There was no medical situation; the co pilot had to operate the controls to descend and he did while the pilot desperately tried to enter the cockpit door.

This guy was deranged. I'm also suspicious of his "break" in training six years ago. I'm sure all this will be looked into.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:13 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,890,380 times
You guys sound like a bunch of liberals trying to outlaw guns because criminals obey laws. You can't prevent a willing pilot from taking down a plane. Please.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Do we know he wasn't muslim?
He sure didn't scream Allah Akbar, though. Just a white Christian dude, I am sure.

Mick

Old 03-26-2015, 12:18 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
There was no medical situation; the co pilot had to operate the controls to descend and he did while the pilot desperately tried to enter the cockpit door.

This guy was deranged. I'm also suspicious of his "break" in training six years ago. I'm sure all this will be looked into.
While I agree it is improbable I personally cannot rule it out. He could have had a stroke, seizure or some kind of dementia or something else happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events