Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,831 times

Advertisements

They have started looting already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
this is an exceptionally meme-rich environment.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:14 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,819 times
I could put the looting, fires, rioting to a halt in no time... very simple solution.
Make it perfectly clear that this type of 'protesting' will not be tolerated.
Make it perfectly clear that anyone participating in these acts will be shot... not with a taser - not with beanbags - with real live, 100% authentic steel cased bullets...

Then, do it.

Scoup 'em up - tote them to where they need to be - if they're still alive, the hospital, if they're dead, to the morgue...
Let a few of THOSE pictures be seen and you'll find the streets of Baltimore empty...

Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is an exceptionally meme-rich environment.
I think she does hav every flavor of dorito's

Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There are too many instances of black people dying at the hands of American police. Many complain the police are more like soldiers these days. Armed to the teeth, and with vehicles to match. There are many examples of police killing folks for whatever reason. Some seem unjustified. You-tube is full of examples of this.
I've been stopped by the police. I didn't die because I was respectful of their authority and complied with their instructions. If you want to fight the system, you do it in court. Doing it in the streets can get you killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
A way forward has to be found. What is coming down the line if it isn't? White people arming themselves to the teeth, ready for a race war? Black areas being left to rot? Children growing up in such places? Repeat and rinse.
The rioting demographic needs to be REALLY careful. People of European descent have a long fuse, but also have proven to have no equals in the area of responding with extreme prejudice when angered.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 AM

16,613 posts, read 8,625,712 times
I am glad some reporters are giving a voice to the people of the city that are not engaged in the violence, and are sickened by the hood rats.
They of course are rightly complaining and asking where the police are when their homes, cars, businesses and property are being destroyed/threatened.
Far too often the reporters make the entire city seem full of the scumbags, when there are plenty of regular folks who are trapped by poverty, but are decent law abiding citizens. They would like these thugs to be taken off the street and locked up, even more than those of us watching TV.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:23 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The rioting demographic needs to be REALLY careful. People of European descent have a long fuse, but also have proven to have no equals in the area of responding with extreme prejudice when angered.
I think everyone's fuse has been lit here. It will be interesting to see the response as each one reaches its end. It won't be pretty, I know that much.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am glad some reporters are giving a voice to the people of the city that are not engaged in the violence, and are sickened by the hood rats.
They of course are rightly complaining and asking where the police are when their homes, cars, businesses and property are being destroyed/threatened.
Far too often the reporters make the entire city seem full of the scumbags, when there are plenty of regular folks who are trapped by poverty, but are decent law abiding citizens. They would like these thugs to be taken off the street and locked up, even more than those of us watching TV.

It goes without saying that the good people of Baltimore far outnumber the fools rioting and looting. I wish them all the best. They have every right to be ticked off that they are having their property destroyed.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
They got you. They convinced you that the "animals" are looters and not the corrupt cops who caused this mess in the first place. Dont buy in. If its about breaking the law, you should want justice for the dead man and not letting a few rioters cloud your judgment to a much larger issue. "Rioting" is a pimple on a donkey's rear end compared to corrupt police.
I'm sorry but you are wrong.
The corruption starts at the top, specifically the corruption and failed policies that make life so hard for the people in W. Baltimore,Ferguson and places like them all over the nation.
Figure out WHY black neighborhoods are so poor and downtrodden, why unemployment/underemployment is so rampant and you will have some/most of the solutions to all of this.
This has nothing to do with the death of Mr. Gray, that is just an excuse.
I would postulate that polices and actions from just 45 minutes away from Baltimore are the primary reason for the "Black situation" at this time.
You can't work if there's no jobs, you can't move up if there's no starting point or if there's nothing better to move up to.
If there's no hope there's no reason to act with civility.
Now let's open them borders, grant more H1B visas, bring in more "refugees" and help everyone but our own nation.

With all that being said there is NO excuse for what happened last night/today (looting still going on). Our dear leader's primary concern yesterday was that the police show restraint in their response to the violence.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:29 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Given the history of police brutality in Baltimore, why wouldn't he avoid the police? Avoiding the police seems to be the prudent move to me. After all, engaging with them worked out great for him, did it not?
Of course, it had NOTHING to do with the illegal weapon in his pocket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events