Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 07:38 AM

10,036 posts, read 8,718,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Anything on tv tonight since the Ferguson riots were cancelled? Oh look, there's a new show, Baltimore riots. I'll get the popcorn.
Ferguson wasn't cancelled, I hear it's being renewed for a second season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM

543 posts, read 706,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You didn't answer my question. Does someone deserve to die for running away from a policeman? Why is a policeman allowed to say "stop or I'll shoot?" Are your policemen too fat to chase folks?

English Police manage to arrest people without guns. Even ones who run away. Why is running away a death sentence?

No someone does not deserve to die for running away, but I'll bet the fist shots were in the legs, and with semi-auto pistols, your shots tend to rise.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:41 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,019,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Ferguson wasn't cancelled, I hear it's being renewed for a second season.
But nothing is really going on in Ferguson, just senseless killing in St Louis. Although 15 protesters showed up to a police shooting yesterday chanting at the police even though the guy stole a car and shot at the police several times.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,508,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
If Marylanders are increasingly defenseless against hooligan violence as a result progressive-leftist authoritarian legislation, then they need to be more assertive in defense of the Constitution.
That we even sit back and watch the mobs riot, loot and burn us to the ground, while the police force seems helpless to stop it, says a lot about the pansyfication of America. When did they convince us that it's wrong for us to retaliate against those intent on burning us down?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
English Police manage to arrest people without guns. Even ones who run away. Why is running away a death sentence?
English police manage to get beat up and stabbed a lot too. They also have countless riots there as well. They aren't any better by a long shot. I witness way too stuff when I lived there.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,392,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
They aren't....We clearly saw last night that you are incorrect
I'm not incorrect.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 AM

376 posts, read 491,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
That we even sit back and watch the mobs riot, loot and burn us to the ground, while the police force seems helpless to stop it, says a lot about the pansyfication of America. When did they convince us that it's wrong for us to retaliate against those intent on burning us down?

Exactly. Should the rioters attack a white area of town, they should decorate lampposts.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm not incorrect.
Actually you are and last night proved it. You don't have to admit you are wrong. There was nothing heavy handed not military looking about Baltimore police at all. They had a hat and a stick.

28,163 posts, read 25,392,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I don't think that's the case. I think race relations have actually improved quite a bit. However, that isn't a commentary on "how good" things are now, but more of a commentary on how bad things used to be.

The "problem" today is that all the cases of police misconduct, abuse & outright murder are being exposed for what they are in the age of ubiquitous cell phone camera coverage.

You think all of this is new? You think that blacks are only recently bein abused & killed by police? This has been happening all their lives. Technology and the media are only now giving it the attention that it should have been given so long ago & only now have finally exposed it to the world. Oh, we've gotten bits & pieces through the years...but now it feels like a veritable flood of evidence has been unleashed.
Couldn't agree more. As much as I might lament the way technology has taken over our lives there are good uses for it.

NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,697,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Best post on this thread. Makes a person want to spit nails.

And I am old enough to answer you. It started with President Kennedy and has come to this. Baltimore looks like life in the 60's and I didn't like it then. When one wins better then equality; what more can you want? Nobody has to hire a white person because a certain percentage of their employees have to be white. Now they are upset because when they do crimes SOME of them get arrested. Now only as many as white people should be arrested. Unfortunately more of them commit crimes, so we are supposed to sit and watch them commit the crimes and do nothing to stop them. I am sorry but this is going way too far and the president, the mayor and the attorney general need to get busy doing the job they swore to do. That young black policeman I saw talking sense on TV can't do it by himself.

If all blacks in America were like that young black policeman. we would all want to live next door to him. So it is not about color; it's about attitude. Sorry I don't know his name. I caught him in the middle of his speech while switching channels.

Last edited by NCN; 04-28-2015 at 08:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events