Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 AM

13,670 posts, read 10,053,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of course, it had NOTHING to do with the illegal weapon in his pocket?
Police bruality in Baltimore is a well documented fact.

You have criminals on both sides. If you aren't willing to admit that, then you aren't for getting ALL criminals off the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,977,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Police bruality in Baltimore is a well documented fact.

You have criminals on both sides. If you aren't willing to admit that, then you aren't for getting ALL criminals off the street.
From what I am seeing on TV, it appears that some good old fashioned police brutality might be just what the doctor ordered.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,101,940 times
Another real victim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDX1...ature=youtu.be

time for shopkeepers to arm up... politicians will not allow your police to protect you

Old 04-28-2015, 08:39 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,019,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Another real victim

time for shopkeepers to arm up... politicians will not allow your police to protect you
Yea we saw that clearly from the actions of police last night. Just like Ferguson the police were told to stand down.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:40 AM

13,670 posts, read 10,053,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
From what I am seeing on TV, it appears that some good old fashioned police brutality might be just what the doctor ordered.
There's already plenty. How has that worked out so far?

I do however condone the brutality of that mom who smacked jr all the way home.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,098,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Another real victim

I'm surprised nobody learned from the Rodney King riots. Most of the Korean owned business's weren't looted or burned, maybe because the owners took it upon themselves to provide security at the end of a shotgun or rifle. Many photos of armed store owners on roof tops, inside doorways and in front of their stores.
Worked for them...

Old 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM

11,945 posts, read 5,903,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I don't think that's the case. I think race relations have actually improved quite a bit. However, that isn't a commentary on "how good" things are now, but more of a commentary on how bad things used to be.

The "problem" today is that all the cases of police misconduct, abuse & outright murder are being exposed for what they are in the age of ubiquitous cell phone camera coverage.

You think all of this is new? You think that blacks are only recently bein abused & killed by police? This has been happening all their lives. Technology and the media are only now giving it the attention that it should have been given so long ago & only now have finally exposed it to the world. Oh, we've gotten bits & pieces through the years...but now it feels like a veritable flood of evidence has been unleashed.

I increased your reputation and didn't mean to as I have some serious concerns with your statement. OK then tell me why blacks are being abused and killed by police, especially today with the liberal media, everyone's use of cell phones with cameras and social media? Are there racists among them - most certainly as there are in many professions - but we aren't out on those streets dealing with the constant thought that we won't come home at night due to some smarta** wanting to make a name for himself. Instead of shame at being caught and doing as asked, accepting their consequences - they fight making things even worst and you have many in the community supporting them and their wrong doing rather than supporting the police for taking a thug or drug dealer into custody.

I've been around different cultures all my life - I've gone to school with them - worked with them and played with them - but one thing they all had were supportive and at least one parent with morals and ethics. I've been pretty liberal throughout my life, raised Democrat and fighting the good fight for those who have less - but the older I get - the more society has changed - I've come to realize that what I believed in and what I supported was wrong. Making members of society dependent on the gov't, cow towing to their beliefs that they can't make something of themselves because of their supposed persecution - is bull. You need some good old southern baptists to take these young hoods by the ear and set them straight.

As I said earlier - I would have taken a fire hose and give them a dose of their own medicine - destroying peoples lives and their community like that. And I would not grieve today if any of those had died last night. You make your own destiny - whether being raised poor and destitute or rich with a silver spoon in your mouth - by the time you're a teen - you know the difference between right and wrong.

And I still am waiting to see evidence, which is long overdue, in anyone's defense in this case. What we have seen is a few people, who may or may not have arrest records as long as my arm, condone this violence.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,019,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm surprised nobody learned from the Rodney King riots. Most of the Korean owned business's weren't looted or burned, maybe because the owners took it upon themselves to provide security at the end of a shotgun or rifle. Many photos of armed store owners on roof tops, inside doorways and in front of their stores.
Worked for them...
I remember seeing some Korean right in front of their business firing at any one that got close to them. They ran away quick.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:45 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,508,418 times
And pardon me for saying it, but the mayor of Baltimore looks like she's on drugs. She's embarrassing to both my husband and I.

We live in a predominantly white community, and we love it. Our neighbors accept us and we accept them. It's a matter of character, not race. We raised our children to respect people of all colors. If these black punks ever decided to branch out, to come and try to burn whitey out of his business, the fight will be on. White people will fight back. White people have lots of patience, but there's a limit to how much they'll be pushed around. My husband and I would join them to protect what we've all worked so hard to create.

Those who are looting and burning down Baltimore have no vested interest in their communities. That's their fault, not whitey's, not the cops, not society's.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,640,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Worked for them...
This is exactly why we need the 2nd amendment, people have a right to protect themselves and it's clear that the police either can't do it or will be told not to do it when people need them the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events