Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 12:24 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The woman did not tell any lies.

There are absolutely no "tests" for race in the USA. They were all made illegal long ago. It it perfectly legal and OK for anyone to claim they belong to ANY race.
Are you working for Rachel's PR firm? haha.

Seriously, she's been telling lies and playing "black female victim" for years now.

Sure, she can live as any race (she obviously has done that successfully).

But if she claimed to be black to gain an advantage for college scholarship, employment or housing, she's likely broken a law (or several). On top of that, it's just plain offensive to claim to be an abused woman when you are not, a domestic abuse victim when you are not; a crime victim when you're not (false police reports for hate crimes); claiming to be a sexual abuse victim when you are not…. the list goes on and on detailing her lies, history.

As the story unfolds, it'll be interesting to see if ANYTHING about her is true. Oh, well she's a divorced female that's true at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:25 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I posed this on the politics forum: why can't she identify as black and trans race? Does a trans man need to tell everyone his "real" sex? Maybe she felt more black than white.
Well then, let's all just be who we "feel" we are. That will make life so much easier. I want to get in to a college - just check minority. I want to get to the head of the line on certain jobs - just check a minority. Reparations are demanded - I check that I'm black (a real win/win. I don't have to pay AND I get paid.)

Here's a thought - how about we do away with the whole "race" thing anyway.

Last edited by ringwise; 06-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-15-2015, 12:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If you were to go to the library and pull documents from the 60s, however, those called out "WWII Baby Boom" and "Korean War Babv Boomlet," cutting the boomlet off at 1959.
Well, that's sort of interesting (though I'd like for you to post a link to that information to back up this claim) but it's irrelevant really. For all intents and purposes - and ever since I have been aware of the term (elementary school age), the definition of Baby Boomer has been from roughly 1945 through 1965. Sorry you disagree with the vast majority of the world on this, but that's just the way it is. I'm a Baby Boomer and you're a Baby Boomer.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The woman did not tell any lies.

There are absolutely no "tests" for race in the USA. They were all made illegal long ago. It it perfectly legal and OK for anyone to claim they belong to ANY race.
The woman told no lies? Are you kidding me? She lied about all sorts of stuff - her parents, her upbringing, her children, her father, abuse (she was beaten with a BABOON WHIP? COME ON!), etc.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There are no advantages to being black in this country, so her reasons for doing this are an interesting psychological study. It's not hard to understand someone completely submerging themselves in black culture once they have gotten familiar with it. The culture is full of extraordinary people of great compassion, depth, intelligence, genius, pizzazz, and character. Maybe she identified with this on a deep level. It's an interesting study, and I wish her well.
There are PLENTY of advantages to being black.

I personally love the Korean culture. I learn about it, and to a certain extant, completely submerge myself in that culture. In no WAY would be declaring that I'm Asian, then going to far as to change my appearance to perpetuate that, be anything but wrong.

There's one thing to "identify" with a culture on a deep level. It's quite another to actually pretend to be a member of that culture when you are NOT.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:34 PM

24 posts, read 15,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Would the naacp have let her in if she were white? idk.

If the answer is no, or that she would not have had the same chances to thrive in the naacp as if she were black...well, that's almost racist. But we knew that already, didn't we?
why not the naacp was founded by 2 rich white folks

Old 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The woman told no lies? Are you kidding me? She lied about all sorts of stuff - her parents, her upbringing, her children, her father, abuse (she was beaten with a BABOON WHIP? COME ON!), etc.
Not to mention the false accusations of hate crimes that are definitely connected to her pretending to be black.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If she identifies as Black then she didn't break any laws.
Now if she altered her birth certificate then she broke laws.
don't forget the fraudulent 'hate crimes' she perpetrated against herself. that should be a jailable offense IMHO.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 PM

545 posts, read 594,824 times
Technically as a member of the NAACP she should not have been masquerading as an African-American woman, she should have pronounced herself a Colored woman.....(National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).

Old 06-15-2015, 01:02 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not talking specifically about "passing for White". I'm specifically talking about doing things like skin bleaching and replacing one's hair. Now, as far as passing for White, in that movie it was portrayed as a problem. However, in the larger media as a whole, how many stories were done and blow up in the media about Blacks passing for White?
All that I've seen done have consistently portrayed the "tragic mulatto" angle--the consistent social message has been "passing for white is bad." That is not surprising for the "One Drop Rule" era.

Where blacks have successfully passed for white in real life, I expect "successfully" means the public will never know in most cases. There will be a few, such as Carol Channing, that will come to light in these days when it will make little difference to them or anyone else.

I suspect, however, that I'm not getting the point you're making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events