Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 01:48 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Fascinating to watch some Black people condemn, discredit and kick out of leadership position, a woman who has worked hard for their cause, only because they are told she is White.

Hypocrisy runs very very deep.
Oh come on. She's not working for their cause, she's working for her own. She's, if not a complete lunatic, at least a narcissist and pathological liar. Anyone can be a part of the NAACP, they don't have to be African American or "black". It's not hypocrisy to feel one has been lied to, and to not want someone who might very well be a nutcase representing your organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 02:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Oh come on. She's not working for their cause, she's working for her own.....
That isn't what leadership in NAACP said.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:31 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
That isn't what leadership in NAACP said.
About her being a nut or narcissist? No, that's my own personal belief. Of course you cut off the rest of my post, where I pointed out that I do not find it hypocritical at all to not want someone who clearly has issues representing your organization. For what it's worth, she resigned. Though I'm sure there was pressure to do so.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:44 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
About her being a nut or narcissist? No, that's my own personal belief. Of course you cut off the rest of my post, where I pointed out that I do not find it hypocritical at all to not want someone who clearly has issues representing your organization. For what it's worth, she resigned. Though I'm sure there was pressure to do so.
I don't think she had much of a choice after her lawsuit against Howard University was discovered. In 2002 she claimed the university discriminated against her for being White. The story was in the New York Times today. I just noticed another poster mentioned this. (Sorry, but there are over 860 posts on this thread, so I missed a couple!)

Old 06-16-2015, 02:50 AM

13,688 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't think she had much of a choice after her lawsuit against Howard University was discovered. In 2002 she claimed the university discriminated against her for being White. The story was in the New York Times today.
Right. She tried playing it white but wasn't working.

It wasn't until she went black that doors openned.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:28 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
The rest of your post called her names and I fully support your right for you to hold opinion so no need for me to comment on that.

You also stated that NAACP says anyone can belong without regards to race. OK, but this woman is no longer there only AFTER they were told she was White. It was OK before that. So facts don't match statement. Race very much does matter.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:31 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,485,287 times
I could understand a white girl that's interested in working for black causes, saying she black to somehow make a point. I don't think that's what shes doing. I think she may have some personal identity issue going on. Just my thoughts. Doesn't mean I'm right.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:42 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Okay.

I'm not participating, but you and the others can carry on with it though.

Really? It sounds like you are very much participating and adding fuel to the fire imo.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:26 AM

3,728 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
I think she may have some personal identity issue going on. Just my thoughts. Doesn't mean I'm right.
John, fair enough.. My thing is, the cultural-Marxists on the Left have been comically claiming that race is simply a 'social construct' for years now. So by that standard, why would this lady be vilified for claiming that she's Black (?) If race is all simply a social construct, why can't she construct herself a new racial identity..

The Left's ridicule of this lady seems hypocritical to me.. but like u said, these are just my subjective thoughts too.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
The rest of your post called her names and I fully support your right for you to hold opinion so no need for me to comment on that.

You also stated that NAACP says anyone can belong without regards to race. OK, but this woman is no longer there only AFTER they were told she was White. It was OK before that. So facts don't match statement. Race very much does matter.
Surely you know that SHE resigned her post at the NAACP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events