Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If that's the case I don't see it. It seems that only the neo-confederates are laughing. And the NAACP has always allowed anyone to join. It might be news to you, but you don't have to be black to join the NAACP..
Thank you. The NAACP was started by a group of white and black people in the early 1900s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Nah, it's true.

Her brother is being charged with four felonies against a female family member.

Did Rachel Dolezal's parents out her as white for supporting brother's accuser? | Daily Mail Online
Ah… and the plot thickens.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:46 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
The jobs part is a LIE.

I don't know why whites and asians are complaining about anything when they dominate all of silicon valley.

I dare anyone to show me a black face working for any of those companies. If you do, they're probably in the mail room somewhere.

There was a study showing that even white male felonious convicts were able to land a job three times faster than black and hispanics.

I'm sorry, but black and brown people (including those asians you worship so much) don't want to hear about white people's "struggles", because as far as we're concerned you can still get a job ten times faster than anyone else.

And also no white person ever says to another white person that "you are very articulate" which was said about Obama countless times as though a harvard/yale educated man was supposed to sound like anything but.

#whitemalepowerstructurematters
Tell that to my brother who had to wait years to become a firefighter, because minorities that tested below him got the jobs, in order to fill quotas.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Tell that to my brother who had to wait years to become a firefighter, because minorities that tested below him got the jobs, in order to fill quotas.
Okay. If that's the reason they gave to him for why he wasn't being called, then so be it.

I'd love for the quota thing to be done away with, so that when a white person doesn't get the job of their dreams, the company can no longer use the lame excuse "sorry, we got quotas to fill" rather than just telling them the truth - "we don't want YOU".

Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Okay. If that's the reason they gave to him for why he wasn't being called, then so be it.

I'd love for the quota thing to be done away with, so that when a white person doesn't get the job of their dreams, the company can no longer use the lame excuse "sorry, we got quotas to fill" rather than just telling them the truth - "we don't want YOU".
Me too. A shame that better qualified candidates get turned away in the name of fairness.

That's not the reason "they gave". It WAS the reason.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
That would be a lie, not the truth. If you have quotas, as many public agencies do, you need to fufill explicit race-based hiring requirements.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Me too. A shame that better qualified candidates get turned away in the name of fairness.

That's not the reason "they gave". It WAS the reason.
I don't care.

Blame it on the pre-baby boomer generations for keeping an entire demographic from living middle class lives based solely on being nothing more than not white.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
That would be a lie, not the truth. If you have quotas, as many public agencies do, you need to fufill explicit race-based hiring requirements.
If they did away with ALL of them and just let companies hire on their own without all these restrictions, then a white person can no longer say that he didn't get the job due to "quotas" or some other nonsense.

The company will be forced to tell him the TRUTH - that he didn't qualify.

Quotas really aren't doing anything to keep blacks employed anyway.

All this so-called "special treatment" whites think we have is bullcrap.

I cringe every time I have to check the "AA" box, because I feel I'll be discriminated against once they know I'm black and bypass me, but it's not like they won't see what I am when I walk through the door, so no sense in not answering it.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:41 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
I don't care.

Blame it on the pre-baby boomer generations for keeping an entire demographic from living middle class lives based solely on being nothing more than not white.
Come off it! The entire world viewed mixed race children as suffering a stigma. There's no one to blame for the evolution of societies.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Come off it! The entire world viewed mixed race children as suffering a stigma. There's no one to blame for the evolution of societies.
Okay.

No disrespect, but I'm not having this conversation here and derailing the thread.

This is about a woman who went to crazy lengths to perpetuate a "black" living situation from childhood to adult that never existed.

These conversations about race, quotas, etc., can be found all over CD.

The thread could be about how bad a heatwave the country is having and somehow, somewhere RACE will be brought into it from out of nowhere.

I'm not participating, but you and the others can carry on with it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events