Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 09:49 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I still think this. But it doesn't mean they don't support her in regards to what I was actually responding to. i.e. That in handling NAACP business and money she was the utmost in integrity. The NAACP still continues to support her on this.
Since you asked, I think it's because you don't focus on the argument made and instead focus on proving assumptions about party making argument. This can indeed lead to such confusion.
As you (well no, probably not you) can see, the integrity of the party making the argument matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Anyone who has endured what this woman has endured and now have every minute detail of her life turned over in a national witch hunt to discredit her, is quite brave in my book. Yet she stands by her convictions. That takes a lot of bravery. I'm surprised that question has to be asked.
Yes.

I suppose it takes bravery to own up to your lies and deceit and the monetary and professional gains from them, as well as stand by your convictions that have been or will otherwise to be proven as fact, regardless. It does take a lot to endure what she has endured, all of which she has endured was brought upon herself by her own actions and deeds, and nobody else's.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I thought you said they forced her resignation. How is forcing someone's resignation "continuing to stand by this lady?"

Why am I even responding to such inconsistent arguments?
It's just pure entertainment while we wait for Tropical Bill to make landfall.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Anyone who has endured what this woman has endured and now have every minute detail of her life turned over in a national witch hunt to discredit her, is quite brave in my book. Yet she stands by her convictions. That takes a lot of bravery. I'm surprised that question has to be asked.
What has she endured? Her life as told by her has been a lie. She has endured no discrimination for being a black child in South Africa because she has never even lived in South Africa, and she was a blond haired blue eyed child and teen. She has not endured any hate crimes against her for being black, in fact the investigations were dropped because there's evidence she planted the hate mail herself. She was not abused by a white stepfather for being black because her stepfather is actually her biological father and SHE WAS A WHITE CHILD. Her "struggles" have been lies. She wants/needs validation. She wants an enemy to fight and she wants a personal connection to her fight so she's invented a life and experiences she's "endured" to gain sympathy and "credibility," which has finally blown up in her face. You can't keep a lie like that forever. There's photo evidence she's not black, for starters...

If she wants to identity as black - FINE. She has a biracial child and an adopted black child. But the lies she told along the way are what is screwed up.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:54 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Actually, it takes a lot of stupidity. If the sky is blue, yet you continue to insist that it is green, you are stupid. Not brave.

And please tell me what exactly she has "endured"? Other than a situation entirely of her OWN MAKING.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:00 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Moderator cut: personal remarks

The big difference is our sexuality is hormonally determined, whether straight, gay or trans-gender, much of that is determined in the womb. We've known of trans-gendered people for centuries, the Indians used to call them "two spirits." As far as race goes, our racial identity is largely a social construct. Kids playing in a sandbox don't look at race any differently than eye color, they can see the differences in each other but have no comprehension of racial groups or identity. It isn't until adults and society introduce these concepts that we start to identify as "white", "black"...etc.

Trying to make an analogy between the two is faulty at best.

Last edited by Marka; 06-18-2015 at 12:47 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 10:01 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I have a friend who looks white and she is half black. You never really know by just looking at people.

No, I don't, because I live in an area with a lot of Puerto Ricans and they can look very different. I have known a couple of Puerto Ricans who look as Irish as can be---red hair, freckles, etc. They ARE from PR and probably at first glance, you wouldn't believe it.j

BTW-Most doctoral programs are "free" at universities. Most students do not pay tuition and receive a stipend when they are enrolled in doctoral programs---just look around online and you will find that to be true. I know when I was researching doctoral programs, MOST of them fell into this category---it had nothing to do with if you claimed to be anything other than white.

Haven't you guys seen the stories that always come up in the news? Black couples that have babies that look completely white because they have some white ancestor four generations back? Haven't you seen twins where one looks one race and one looks the other? I have.
You are wrong about this.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:10 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like the NAACP is losing a valuable leader who has done a great deal of work for the organization because of complaints of "some". This reminds me of someone who proves a knife is sharp by slitting their own wrists. NAACP still supports this lady.

Well so be it. She's gone, people don't have to worry about her now.
Exactly what was "the great deal of work for the organization" that she did?

Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

You folks are getting trolled by Waldo who thinks he is being clever by making the false comparison that if you can be transgender, you can also be transracial too.
Oh, we know.

Like I said, I'm having fun with this.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What has she endured? Her life as told by her has been a lie. She has endured no discrimination for being a black child in South Africa because she has never even lived in South Africa, and she was a blond haired blue eyed child and teen. She has not endured any hate crimes against her for being black, in fact the investigations were dropped because there's evidence she planted the hate mail herself. She was not abused by a white stepfather for being black because her stepfather is actually her biological father and SHE WAS A WHITE CHILD. Her "struggles" have been lies. She wants/needs validation. She wants an enemy to fight and she wants a personal connection to her fight so she's invented a life and experiences she's "endured" to gain sympathy and "credibility," which has finally blown up in her face. You can't keep a lie like that forever. There's photo evidence she's not black, for starters...

If she wants to identity as black - FINE. She has a biracial child and an adopted black child. But the lies she told along the way are what is screwed up.

Hey, you forgot about beatings with the BABOON WHIP. Don't forget that. Apparently, black kids in SA get beaten with these things. Lol

I can't believe NO ONE ever questioned her being born and living in a TEEPEE in SOUTH AFRICA of all places???

Teepee's are a NATIVE AMERICAN thing.

^^This alone would have had my liar radar up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events