Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 07:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
She surely does have a lot of stories!
  • Born in a teepee
  • Parents hunted with bow and arrow
  • Parents abused her
  • Of mixed white, black and American Indian heritage (oh well, 2 out of 3 are true)
  • Has naturally curly hair
  • Had cervical cancer
  • Doesn't talk to either of her bio parents
  • Is in court proceedings to have one of her adopted black siblings be under her custody
  • Claims said sibling is actually her brother
  • Has a bio dad who's black, who she does talk to (shows pictures of him but it's been found he is not related to her)
  • Bio dad (the black one) has bone cancer
  • She's been raped while under the influence of a date rape drug
  • Has an abusive ex-husband
  • Has received 8 threatening mail packages, some of which were received into a locked P.O. box with no postage
  • A rope appeared in the rafters of her residence, meant as a threat, even though that was deemed unfounded by investigators
  • Anyone who says she's not black "doesn't understand the difference between race and ethnicity"
  • Anyone who says she's not black is wrong
Can you say DRAMA QUEEN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 PM

625 posts, read 625,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yes and those are the micro-issues so to speak. Not that they aren't important but con artists and scammers are a dime a dozen. Do you honestly think this story would have gotten as much attention if it didn't elicit these larger, macro-issues? Like it or not it does raise larger issues of racial identity.
I agree. I wonder if the bigger issue here is white outrage? Whites thinking WHY WHY WHY would a white woman want to be black????

Why would she want to give up white privilege?

Why would anyone CHOOSE to be black?!?!?!?!?!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:36 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,233,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
I agree. I wonder if the bigger issue here is white outrage? Whites thinking WHY WHY WHY would a white woman want to be black????

Yeah. It is interesting that white people seem to be more upset about it than black people. A few prominent members of the black community have been pretty upset, but a lot of black celebrities and other public figures have actually been supportive of her. Keri Hilson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Whoopi Goldberg, Al Sharpton, etc. I'm still trying to figure out why that is. You may have a point there.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times
Quote:

Actually, this white woman isn't thinking like that at all.

This particular white woman has four biracial kids and is very attune to the whole "non privileged white lady" thing. I know that one doesn't have to "become black" in order to relate to, or understand, or empathize with the very real struggles of many African Americans (and many underprivileged folks in general) in the US today.

I have four beautiful biracial kids, and one of them is dark enough in skin tone to basically categorize herself as African American - not because she doesn't feel biracial, but because she's tired of fighting society's insistence that she is indeed, AFRICAN AMERICAN. "Alright already - if that's what you insist on, that's what I am, but I'm not your mother's African American." That's sort of her attitude. Anyway, my other three kids look more mixed race and have all sorts of interesting stories they can tell you, starting with my oldest daughter, who was asked by her career counselor in high school "Just what, exactly, are you?" (those were her exact words) My daughter answered, "Human, but I'm assuming you mean racially, right? Do I get more scholarship money if I claim to be black?" Her counselor said, "Well, basically yes - there are more opportunities for you to qualify for more scholarships if you designate yourself as African American." My daughter leaned back in her chair, grinned widely and said, "Well then - I'M BLACK."

I could go on and on, but you get my drift - being African American is GREAT when it's convenient, and not so great when it's not convenient. Just ask my kids.

This Rachel D woman capitalized on all that can be gained by being African American, but at the end of the day she could wash her face, and take off her wig, and be white if being AA became too much of a hindrance to her agenda.

She's a disgrace.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
If the police officer who hauls you out of your car thinks you're black, then you're black.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I agree. Those comments of article that appeared in the last couple of days on an article that was published months ago are quite telling.
  • No interest in article and woman when they thought she was black.
  • Endless interest in article and woman now that they think she is really white.
Fascinating that. Some might say hilarious. Wait, you just did.
do you believe she was born in a teepee and beaten with a baboon whip?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 PM

625 posts, read 625,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Actually, this white woman isn't thinking like that at all.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift - being African American is GREAT when it's convenient, and not so great when it's not convenient. Just ask my kids.

This Rachel D woman capitalized on all that can be gained by being African American, but at the end of the day she could wash her face, and take off her wig, and be white if being AA became too much of a hindrance to her agenda.

She's a disgrace.
I didn't say all white people think that (white outrage). I just think it might be an elephant in the room.

I agree with you totally about Rachel Dolezal. She got the scholarship to Howard University under false pretenses (according to some reports). Then she used "white" when it was convenient for her (like her lawsuit against Howard University). Then she became black and claimed to be a victim over and over and over and lived the "black experience" which seems especially insulting for someone who can take off the wig & instantly be white again.

If her parents hadn't told on her, I wonder just how far she would have carried this especially given that she appears willing and able to create a bigger and better stories to keep the story going.

What next? A hate crime where she's physically harmed? A rape? Hard to say how far she'd go considering how far she's already gone.

She's created a disturbing narrative for herself that she seemed hellbent on fulfilling. She's either a brilliant con artist or mentally disturbed (IMHO).

Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
'She's either a brilliant con artist or mentally disturbed (IMHO).'

leave room for both. they aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:35 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,153,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'She's either a brilliant con artist or mentally disturbed (IMHO).'

leave room for both. they aren't mutually exclusive.
She's just another liberal suffering from social justice warrior brain rot

Old 06-16-2015, 08:42 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,776,422 times
Quote:
She's created a disturbing narrative for herself that she seemed hellbent on fulfilling. She's either a brilliant con artist or mentally disturbed (IMHO).
I think she's both of these things. She displays and has done in the past at least five behaviors of someone with a personality disorder; both Histrionic PD and Narcissistic PD. There's a lot goin' on with that woman. My compassion comes because of the probable illness part. Being a 'con artist' can also occur in NPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events