Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 04:02 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times

Advertisements

Nothing says "Your Guilty" like the city settling for a big amount of cash before there is even a trial.

Think they can pick a fair jury? I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 04:34 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,457,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
$6.4 million. smh
Taxpayers are paying again for the bad behavior by THUG cops. This sucking sound of taxpayers money would come to a quick halt by having the settlements deducted from police pensions.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:43 AM

251 posts, read 641,907 times
What time is the hearing today?

Edit: tomorrow I should say. Today's only the 9th.

Last edited by aparker2005; 09-09-2015 at 06:59 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 03:59 PM

23,745 posts, read 12,631,420 times
The judge ruled that the trials will stay in Baltimore..
Police officers charged in Freddie Gray to be tried in Baltimore - Baltimore Sun

Interesting read..
Three questions for prospective Freddie Gray jurors - Baltimore Sun

Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 PM

5,864 posts, read 3,304,961 times
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2498341

Old 01-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Almost all voting to acquit on all the charges - good for those that voted to acquit.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:03 PM

Not much happening with the Goodson trial, yet. The judge ordered Porter to testify in the trials of Goodson and White, with Porter given limited immunity by the prosecution, but Porter's lawyers are against Porter testifying since it would violate his rights (in his own upcoming trial). Porter's lawyers filed an appeal against Porter testifying in the other two trials. The appeals court ruled that Porter didn't have to testify in the two trials until things get sorted out, and, later the appeals court issued a stay on Goodson's trial which brought that trial to a halt. Both sides are now arguing whether Porter should be compelled to testify or not. Goodson's trial won't begin until the appeals court decides if Porter must testify or not.

Freddie Gray: Appeals court halts 2nd officer's trial - CNN.com

I don't know how 'limited' Porter's immunity is but seeing how (the glory hound) Mosby has handled things so far it's probably very limited. If Mosby didn't have her head up her nether region then she would have been better off offering full immunity for the over-charges. In fact she should drop the charges against most, if not all, of the officers and reduce the (over-charged) charges on any of the remaining officers.

Seriously, the most that any of them might be guilty of is not buckling FG in, and even then some of the officers wouldn't even be guilty of that. If the ones that may be guilty of it hadn't seen the email regarding the updated rules on seat-belting then they aren't guilty either.

She doesn't give a rats behind about the officers, the city or FG. This is all about her and she's using this as a way up the ladder. I hope she ends up going down in flames - with all cases either being not guilty or hung.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I read an article yesterday that said experts say he was bearing weight and speaking before being loaded in the van. I also read that opiates were found in his system which may have hindered the way he was walking.

Since the van and its occupants are ultimately the responsibility of the driver of the van, he, Caesar Goodson, should be the one who is held responsible.
I read this was his MO, he was known for throwing around accusations of lawsuits......guess this one went the wrong way for him.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:17 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,457,920 times
Court of Appeals ruled that Baltimore officer MUST testify against the other cops. But will he tell the truth? If he tells what really happened, his corpse may end up in a gutter.

Baltimore cop must testify in Freddie Gray trials

Old 03-08-2016, 05:23 PM

5,864 posts, read 3,304,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Court of Appeals ruled that Baltimore officer MUST testify against the other cops. But will he tell the truth? If he tells what really happened, his corpse may end up in a gutter.

Baltimore cop must testify in Freddie Gray trials
Well the state called Mr Porter a liar. So now the defense attorneys will have a field day with the states witness that the state has already said is a liar. BTW I am not saying Porter is lying one bit. I am only saying the state has said this and if I represented one of the defendants I would make a major issue of that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events