Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:23 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
What happened to all the members who were running around swearing the autopsy was being held back because it showed there was no case to be made against the officers. No one is even going to try to use the opiates in his system to claim that he deserved to die. You know you want to.
I don't claim he deserved to die, but the death of a heroin dealer isn't a tragedy either. If more heroin dealers died, the world would be a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 01:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 873,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if my wife, my brother, my uncle and I were all at the car loading everything up, and I'm the driver and get pulled over for not having my child strapped in, who gets the ticket? I do because the driver has the ultimate responsibility.

Additionally, the driver made another stop prior to the injury and he did not secure Mr. Gray at that point.

This is 100% the responsibility of the driver. The only reason the other officers are included is so they can involve white people and keep the narrative going.

The ONLY reason I mentioned the opiates is because some people are saying Mr. Gray received the injury during the arrest and that was the reason he was dragging his feet and not walking properly. Since the autopsy points to the deadly injury occurring between the third and fourth stop, I was just pointing out the possiblity of opiates causes the walking issue during the arrest. If Mr. Gray swallowed drugs during the initial arrest, they might have been taking effect when he was being loaded in the van.

BBM

Maybe that is your perception but I believe the other officers were charged since they all checked FG at some point during their ride and did nothing to help this young man. FG said he couldn't breathe, horrible death for sure.

As far as the opiates in his system, it would not make his legs go limp.

I also believe the initial take down when one officer leans his knee in the back of FG head, leaning on his neck could have caused the initial injury and the 45 minute ride exasperated the injury to his neck, along with the 'rough' ride severing his spinal cord.

Accountability for the death of a person in those officers custody should be what this case is about.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:29 PM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
[quote=2sleepy;40161451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
A record 43 murders in Baltimore for the month of May and arrests way down...I say the law of the jungle is now the rule of law in Baltghanistan...so I think the protests worked brilliantly...why stop now? We already have a poster here that knows the evil policeman did something wrong even though the investigation didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

are we talking about the same case? What in the world are you talking about
Wake up sleepy and get with the program.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:40 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if my wife, my brother, my uncle and I were all at the car loading everything up, and I'm the driver and get pulled over for not having my child strapped in, who gets the ticket? I do because the driver has the ultimate responsibility.

Additionally, the driver made another stop prior to the injury and he did not secure Mr. Gray at that point.

This is 100% the responsibility of the driver. The only reason the other officers are included is so they can involve white people and keep the narrative going.

The ONLY reason I mentioned the opiates is because some people are saying Mr. Gray received the injury during the arrest and that was the reason he was dragging his feet and not walking properly. Since the autopsy points to the deadly injury occurring between the third and fourth stop, I was just pointing out the possiblity of opiates causes the walking issue during the arrest. If Mr. Gray swallowed drugs during the initial arrest, they might have been taking effect when he was being loaded in the van.
It's largely irrelevant, if anything intoxication from a drug with a sedative effect (or alcohol) would have given him a better chance of surviving. It's called the 'drunk effect' and has to do with the inhibition of certain stress related chemicals that occur when a person is involved in a sudden, major traumatic injury. Those chemicals frequently result in heart attack or irreversible shock.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
[quote=Tall Traveler;40163975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Wake up sleepy and get with the program.
I sure will, as soon as you start making sense

Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let's try this again- they were arrested because there was reasonable cause to believe they had broken the law. Why do you persist in being an apologist for these cops, is it THAT important to you to prove that Freddie Gray somehow, mysteriously killed himself? Or are you waiting to find a way to blame Obama for it?
What does Obama have to do with this ?

They were arrested because Mosby wanted to stop the riots and she has the authority to get them arrested.

Gray didn't commit suicide. You jump to the conclusion, because Mosby told you to and you WANT to believe, that Gray was murdered. Thanks anyway, but I'll wait until there's something other than Mosby herself, to prove that CRIMES were committed.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:16 PM

733 posts, read 854,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Never let the truth get in the way of a good opportunity to spread hate.

Were you there? No. PURE speculation on your part. Speculation brought about by your apparent hatred of cops and the truth.
Talk about speculation - you are speculating that I hate cops and the truth.

What's wrong with you?

I certainly hate cops who are abusive and break laws, and I hate those who defend them.

C-D is getting disgusting.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:17 PM

733 posts, read 854,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
A record 43 murders in Baltimore for the month of May and arrests way down...I say the law of the jungle is now the rule of law in Baltghanistan...so I think the protests worked brilliantly...why stop now? We already have a poster here that knows the evil policeman did something wrong even though the investigation didn't find anything.
Just disgusting, the way you twist words and are so hell bent on misrepresenting my concerns about police brutality.

MODS are not doing their jobs.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:39 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I believe all of the officers who were involved should be held responsible. Had Mr Grey been strapped in correctly the drivers stops would not have caused the injuries that occurred. That is what the autopsy shows. That would be like your wife not strapping your child in and then blaming you for her death or injury because you made a hard stop.

The bold part confuses me. I cannot understand how some can blame Mr Grey for his own death because he was running from the police, while others claim opiates may have hindered his walking.
Opiates didn't break his neck, though.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:43 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
I don't see this as a racial thing. I know plenty of white people who have been knocked around, grabbed roughly or otherwise abused by cops when it wasn't necessary. It happened to me when I was 19, and it happened to my husband last summer. Also, let's remember that the man who was driving the van -- and who gave him the "rough ride" -- is black.

That said, everyone who was involved should be convicted and should face very severe consequences. Criminal or not, on drugs or not, they were far too violent. Cops should not be able to get away with abusing their power, and they should not be able to get away with this type of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events