Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Maybe that is your perception but I believe the other officers were charged since they all checked FG at some point during their ride and did nothing to help this young man.
The officers on the bikes did NOT ride with FG. They returned to their bikes once he was loaded.

Quote:
FG said he couldn't breathe, horrible death for sure.
From the reports I read, he said he couldn't breath at the fourth stop, which was at least two stops after the bike cops last saw him.

Quote:
As far as the opiates in his system, it would not make his legs go limp.
I read reports where it was said he was bearing wait on this legs when he was being loaded in the van.

Quote:
I also believe the initial take down when one officer leans his knee in the back of FG head, leaning on his neck could have caused the initial injury and the 45 minute ride exasperated the injury to his neck, along with the 'rough' ride severing his spinal cord.
From what I read from the analysis of the autopsy, this wouldn't have been the case.

Do you feel if the bicycle officers are found not guilty once all of the evidence is weighed at the trial, they are not responsible for his death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:36 PM

23,649 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reportedly, it's common for prisoners to " go limp" when arrested.

The tapes I saw showed him using his legs to climb into the van.

Common for " eye- witness" reports to be contradicted by facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
WTF? "go limp" Where did you ever get that? The guy was shackled, hands and feet he couldn't break the impact try it yourself sometime have someone tie you up and toss you off the roof, and then if you are still alive CD posters can scold you about 'going limp'
It's very clear that the person you quoted and responded to, middle-aged mom, was talking about FG going limp at the time of his arrest and during the time the cops were hauling him over to the van to load him for the first time, which is exactly what the video had shown, and she didn't say a single word about what happened during the van ride. Obviously from your response to her post you believe that he was shackled during the time of his arrest and while he was being hauled over to the van to be loaded for the first time. Like your comment in your response to her post--where did you ever get that? WTF indeed!

Old 06-25-2015, 03:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It's very clear that the person you quoted and responded to, middle-aged mom, was talking about FG going limp at the time of his arrest and during the time the cops were hauling him over to the van to load him for the first time, which is exactly what the video had shown, and she didn't say a single word about what happened during the van ride. Obviously from your response to her post you believe that he was shackled during the time of his arrest and while he was being hauled over to the van to be loaded for the first time. Like your comment in your response to her post--where did you ever get that? WTF indeed!
Are you actually claiming he wasn't shackled? And your 'assumption' about what another poster meant is simply that, an assumption. What exactly is your point?

Old 06-25-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Are you actually claiming he wasn't shackled? And your 'assumption' about what another poster meant is simply that, an assumption. What exactly is your point?
Please show us the video where at the time of his arrest and when the cops hauled him over to the van that his legs were shackled. The only video the rest of us have seen shows his legs unshackled at that time.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Please show us the video where at the time of his arrest and when the cops hauled him over to the van that his legs were shackled. The only video the rest of us have seen shows his legs unshackled at that time.
New Video Shows Freddie Gray’s Limp Body Outside Police Van : Sandra Rose

Freddie Gray video shows Baltimore cops loading him in van head first | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-25-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reportedly, it's common for prisoners to " go limp" when arrested.

The tapes I saw showed him using his legs to climb into the van.

Common for " eye- witness" reports to be contradicted by facts.
How hard is it for you to understand in the two sentences that she posted and you commented on, that she was talking about the time period at the time of his arrest and when he was first loaded into the van?
Then you come back with videos made during a time period that she was not talking about..geez

Show in the following video where his legs were shackled..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YV0EtkWyno

Old 06-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
How hard is it for you to understand in the two sentences that she posted and you commented on, that she was talking about the time period at the time of his arrest and when he was first loaded into the van?
Then you come back with videos made during a time period that she was not talking about..geez

Show in the following video where his legs were shackled..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YV0EtkWyno
I posted a video, look at it if you choose, but please understand this I am not obligated to show you anything, ever. And as far as what the other poster stated- given the context I inferred that it was a claim that his supposedly 'going limp' somehow contributed to his demise, it that's not what she meant - then so be it, but I'm sure she is capable of clearing that up, right? It sounds like you want to fight just to be fighting and I'm not interested in re-litigating this entire case, if I was I would just go back and re-read the 400 or so comments already made in various threads.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I posted a video, look at it if you choose, but please understand this I am not obligated to show you anything, ever. And as far as what the other poster stated- given the context I inferred that it was a claim that his supposedly 'going limp' somehow contributed to his demise, it that's not what she meant - then so be it, but I'm sure she is capable of clearing that up, right?

Quote:
It sounds like you want to fight just to be fighting and I'm not interested in re-litigating this entire case, if I was I would just go back and re-read the 400 or so comments already made in various threads.
Fight just to be fighting? Nope. When you take something someone posted, which was clear and concise in its meaning, and completely change the gist of that post, for the purpose to rag on that poster, then I'll say something about it.

"re-litigating"? what? this forum is a court room?

smh

Old 06-25-2015, 04:53 PM

Freddie Gray | Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby | Autopsy Report

Old 06-25-2015, 05:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I posted a video, look at it if you choose, but please understand this I am not obligated to show you anything, ever. And as far as what the other poster stated- given the context I inferred that it was a claim that his supposedly 'going limp' somehow contributed to his demise, it that's not what she meant - then so be it, but I'm sure she is capable of clearing that up, right?

It sounds like you want to fight just to be fighting and I'm not interested in re-litigating this entire case, if I was I would just go back and re-read the 400 or so comments already made in various threads.
FYI, the case has not yet been litigated, despite your confidence that the cops committed crimes, including murder,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events