Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 AM

251 posts, read 641,907 times

Advertisements

And Mosby stays on. Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 02:30 PM

If anyone is still interested........
All 6 cops to be tried individually. This help the BLM cause? Make it easier to convict or be found not guilty?

Old 09-02-2015, 02:32 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
All 6 cops to be tried individually. This help the BLM cause? Make it easier to convict or be found not guilty?
I don't think it affects much except that it's the right thing to do for the Officers and I'm sure their attorneys were pleased with the decision.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:03 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,183,965 times
Quote:
Its not clear. I'm sure the prosecution witnesses are not happy about testifying six times. On the other hand, it gives the prosecution the opportunity to correct in one trial any mistakes made in the previous one. Still, I'd say that it is fair for the Defendants that each be judged based on their own actions alone.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:05 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,336,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think it affects much except that it's the right thing to do for the Officers and I'm sure their attorneys were pleased with the decision.
Oh, I think that it is a huge change. Single trials are far easier to manage and vast easier for juries to follow the evidence presented. It also has up and downsides for the defendants. I would think that with the trials being separated it is far easier for a co-defendant to testify adversely against another. On the downside is could present disparate verdicts with perhaps the most guilty getting acquitted and another with heavier penalties. Either way it should be interesting.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
What if the black officers are found guilty and the white officers are found not guilty?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I hope these idiots all get arrested. I also hope they resist so they can finally experience "police brutality" firsthand and have something to legitimately b***h about all the time.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:12 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Judge denies motion to dismiss the case
The judge is not interested in watching his city burn again. We've all seen what happens when these people don't get what they want.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:15 PM

If they move it next Wednesday, stuff will really hit the fan. Looks like no major demonstrations will be taking place today. Good for the city.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:07 AM

23,745 posts, read 12,631,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Oh, I think that it is a huge change. Single trials are far easier to manage and vast easier for juries to follow the evidence presented. It also has up and downsides for the defendants. I would think that with the trials being separated it is far easier for a co-defendant to testify adversely against another. On the downside is could present disparate verdicts with perhaps the most guilty getting acquitted and another with heavier penalties. Either way it should be interesting.
The defense was worried that lumping together those with higher charges and those with lesser charges may end up being damaging to those with the lesser charges -- the evidence against the one with the higher charges being used against those with the lesser charges, and, the judge agreed with that reasoning saying "It 'is not in the interest of justice' to try some facing murder or manslaughter charges with others facing lesser counts".

Here is a video that does a great job in explaining the outcome of the pre-trial hearings..
Maryland attorney explains Freddie Gray pre-trial hearing rulings - ABC2News.com

The next hearing will be on the 10th of this month, to see if the trials need to be moved.

On another note, I was glad to see that the protesters kept their word about it being peaceful. Though, since the charges weren't dropped then they really had no reason to do much more than protest. There was the epic fail on the part of the one protester, who had been arrested. He was on the street, the cops kept trying to get him to get off the street but with no success. A car stopped just short of hitting the guy, but the idiot fell down claiming that the car hit him (don't try to pull that b.s. when there is a large crowd of eyewitnesses around to say the car never touched him, lol). The sorry thing about that situation is that when one of the cops bent down to help him up, he kicked that cop in the face injuring the cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events