Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 06:52 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times

Advertisements

What really does not make sense here.... why did he suffer a single high impact injury?
If he was purposely given a rough ride with acceleration and deceleration strong enough to break his neck, he should have had multiple high impact injuries across his body. Instead, he has a single high impact injury to his head.
(Incidentally, the autopsy also states that, if Gray was still laying down on the floor of the van, deceleration of the van would not generate sufficient energy to cause the injury involved.)
Seems like it is going to be extremely easy for the defense to make the case that Gray stood up in the van, causing his own injury under normal driving conditions. It will be up to the state to prove that such a scenario was impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
FYI, the case has not yet been litigated, despite your confidence that the cops committed crimes, including murder,
right...and I'm sure that the outcome will be that he committed suicide

Old 06-26-2015, 12:15 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
I don't understand how the examine pathologist can dictate an autopsy report like this. The M.E. lists physical findings, results of lab, toxicology reports, any x-rays done and anything important in the deceased ' s medical records. While M.E.'s do offer if a manner of death was consistent with suicide, a preexisting medical condition or due to specific new injuries and trama. M.E.'s do NOT speculate in autopsy reports. When the pathologist is deposed or testifies in a pre-trial hearing or court, then attorneys can question if the objective findings could have been due to X, Y and Z.

I'm really puzzled how this M.E. can offer opinions about mechanisms of injuries, instead of the usual medical reasons for the person's death.

MSR

Old 06-26-2015, 01:46 AM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I don't understand how the examine pathologist can dictate an autopsy report like this. The M.E. lists physical findings, results of lab, toxicology reports, any x-rays done and anything important in the deceased ' s medical records. While M.E.'s do offer if a manner of death was consistent with suicide, a preexisting medical condition or due to specific new injuries and trama. M.E.'s do NOT speculate in autopsy reports. When the pathologist is deposed or testifies in a pre-trial hearing or court, then attorneys can question if the objective findings could have been due to X, Y and Z.

I'm really puzzled how this M.E. can offer opinions about mechanisms of injuries, instead of the usual medical reasons for the person's death.

MSR
Good question. But in the link in the OP it states that the M.E. not only relied on the typical autopsy examination, she also went out in the field for research. She may have presented that field work research information to cover her own ass regarding her final conclusions. (just my guess anyway)

Quote:
The autopsy details a chronology of the events surrounding Gray's arrest that helped inform the medical examiner's conclusion. The medical examiner relied upon witness statements, videos and an examination of the transport van.
(the link in the above quote no longer works)

Basically, I had thought the article, that I had linked, discussing the seat belt issue was an interesting read. Especially since the seat belt issue is much talked about on here.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the seat belt rule had changed only nine days before FG's arrest, and, it wasn't forwarded by email to the BPD until two days before his arrest. That particular email was sent in a large email dump along with a number of other unrelated [to the seat belt change] emails. We don't know if that particular email had even been read during those two days (though I vaguely remember, not long after the arrest, that the BPD had stated they hadn't even opened that email during those two days after receiving that email dump), or, if any of the officers were aware of the seat belt rule change at the time of FG's arrest.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:04 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The officers on the bikes did NOT ride with FG. They returned to their bikes once he was loaded.

From the reports I read, he said he couldn't breath at the fourth stop, which was at least two stops after the bike cops last saw him.

I read reports where it was said he was bearing wait on this legs when he was being loaded in the van.

From what I read from the analysis of the autopsy, this wouldn't have been the case.

Do you feel if the bicycle officers are found not guilty once all of the evidence is weighed at the trial, they are not responsible for his death?
The bicycle cops, at least one of them, loaded him into the van. They should have strapped him in. So I don't see how they won't be found guilty of at least some of the charges.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 AM

20 posts, read 14,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
I do not see in the autopsy any information about the way his head and neck were dropped over to the side and why his legs were not working right, before the police van ride. I think they hurt him in numerous evil ways even prior to the van ride. He was treated with terrible violence.
oh yea they def hurt that man if you look at the cell phone video when they first put him in the van his leg was twisted in a abnormal position and the girl taping it was yelling stop look at his leg they didnt care

Old 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I read an article yesterday that said experts say he was bearing weight and speaking before being loaded in the van. I also read that opiates were found in his system which may have hindered the way he was walking.

Since the van and its occupants are ultimately the responsibility of the driver of the van, he, Caesar Goodson, should be the one who is held responsible.

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/14368...dson.jpg?w=736
all of them officers should be held responsible they were all part of it

Old 06-26-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Never let the truth get in the way of a good opportunity to spread hate.

Were you there? No. PURE speculation on your part. Speculation brought about by your apparent hatred of cops and the truth.
no we werent there but a few video cameras were and they are busted they did that man wrong period!!!!!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:42 AM

[quote=2sleepy;40161451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
A record 43 murders in Baltimore for the month of May and arrests way down...I say the law of the jungle is now the rule of law in Baltghanistan...so I think the protests worked brilliantly...why stop now? We already have a poster here that knows the evil policeman did something wrong even though the investigation didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

are we talking about the same case? What in the world are you talking about
no there on planet mars i think!!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let's try this again- they were arrested because there was reasonable cause to believe they had broken the law. Why do you persist in being an apologist for these cops, is it THAT important to you to prove that Freddie Gray somehow, mysteriously killed himself? Or are you waiting to find a way to blame Obama for it?
lololololo i agree sleepy this person must be a cop or a cops wife and thats why there on the defense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events