Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 05:29 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,305,764 times

Advertisements

People who are trying to make this about dislike of the Palins just really don't get it.

Bristol Palin and her mother are two of the most vocally judgmental celebrities out there. Apparently also two of the most hypocritical people as well. The rank hypocrisy of Bristol Palin's actions pretty much speaks for itself.

And where is the loquacious Sarah Palin, who usually has an immediate comment condemning anything she finds reprehensible? Complaining about the SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage, it seems. This could be a satirical film except nobody could make this up. Also, would people even believe it was credible that an abstinence crusader could end up an unwed mother twice?

This is not about disdain for a certain outspoken celebrity family. This is about disgust for the hypocrisy of holier-than-thou people who loudly and arrogantly express contempt, condemn and judge others, but do not adhere to their own moral preaching.

Hopefully, Bristol will learn a new trait--humility--after making a fool of herself.

Bristol Paln Judges Miley Cyrus for Being Judgmental « Radio.com

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may...riage-20120511

Last edited by Enigma777; 06-27-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,639 posts, read 36,847,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

Bristol deserves EVERY lecture, raking over coals, et all thrown her way and then some.
And this is exactly what Sarah will capitalize on. She'll turn her daughter into a victim (again) of the "lamestream" media, probably do another ghostwritten book about it, and laugh again all the way to the bank.

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Wow, some people are obsessed with the Palin family. Let go of your hate.

No one is "obsessed with the Palin family". However, like the Duggars they put themselves out there as models of Christian perfection.

How about not doing reality shows when your son has been diddling your daughters? What about not going on speaking engagements promoting abstinence - when you are out skrewing around?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:36 PM

32,035 posts, read 36,882,537 times
I know it is tempting to focus on the hypocrisy of young Palin for promoting "abstinence only" as the way to deal with teen and unwed pregnancy. How stupid can you be? It's especially foolish on the part of Sarah Palin, who is old enough to know better than to spout such idiocy.

Despite that, on the human level, I hope things go okay for her and the child. Nobody asks to be born into whackiness.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,669,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I get what you are saying. I wasn't damning the father or fathers in similar situations. My point was that the focus in this case, and similar cases where women are pregnant and unmarried, is that people judge the woman, forgetting that it took two to get pregnant. A woman is mocked for not using birth control - we don't know if its true or not. She is called names like **** or tramp, but why are the men who get them pregnant not tarnished with similarly cruel names?
Ah. I see. Yes, there has been a double standard in regards to sexual conduct, that does not lean on men as hard for ...taking the plunge...when they should listen to the head on their shoulders instead. The responsibility to think before acting does divide equally. Either person can stop what is happening, and think about consequences, at any time.

On another front, while I understand the disdain for hypocrisy being tossed about here, I have my own disdain for the willingness to pounce and gear Bristol Palin up, like a pack of rabid rats. This whole nanny nanny boo boo, we are going to make sure she gets flogged in public, and hopefully , hurtully embarrassed, attitude just sucks. OK, so its a "gotcha" moment. It stands on its own, well enough, without all the snjggering, smug, crowing directed at Bristol Palin.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:51 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,585,250 times
Quote:
Can you IMAGINE what would be said of one of the Obama girls did the exact same thing?

Don't kid yourself - conservatives would call them EVERY name in the book. We're all stuck in our idealogical corners.
Remember all the static the girls got from conservatives when they didn't show enough 'decorum' at the freaking Thanksgiving Turkey Pardon ceremony? All that consisted of was the functional equivalent of "Oh, Dad... that's so uncool "

The blowback for Palin is well deserved.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:58 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,884,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ah. I see. Yes, there has been a double standard in regards to sexual conduct, that does not lean on men as hard for ...taking the plunge...when they should listen to the head on their shoulders instead. The responsibility to think before acting does divide equally. Either person can stop what is happening, and think about consequences, at any time.

On another front, while I understand the disdain for hypocrisy being tossed about here, I have my own disdain for the willingness to pounce and gear Bristol Palin up, like a pack of rabid rats. This whole nanny nanny boo boo, we are going to make sure she gets flogged in public, and hopefully , hurtully embarrassed, attitude just sucks. OK, so its a "gotcha" moment. It stands on its own, well enough, without all the snjggering, smug, crowing directed at Bristol Palin.
agree!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:14 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,847,469 times
I think if Bristol hadn't followed in mama grizzly's pawprints and became downright openly nasty to those who don't live the way she thinks they should, it would have made a difference in the type of commentary she's getting now.

That said, I don't think it was ever Bristol's idea to become an abstinence spokesperson. Sarah saw money in that.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:21 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,585,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think if Bristol hadn't followed in mama grizzly's pawprints and became downright openly nasty to those who don't live the way she thinks they should, it would have made a difference in the type of commentary she's getting now.

That said, I don't think it was ever Bristol's idea to become an abstinence spokesperson. Sarah saw money in that.
Yet she cashed the checks.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:25 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,031,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Remember - same-sex marriage diminishes the Holy sanctity of Bristol getting repeatedly knocked up out of wedlock...

There is the safest birth control...........just do it with the same sex.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events