Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 09:56 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
At this point, all he has to do is as much as he has already done in order to put him WAY ahead of the other candidates, who either won't talk about the issue or who clearly do not want to crack down on illegal immigration.
So you'd rather have a candidate that says something stupid about illegal immigration than one who doesn't mention it at all? "Make Mexico pay for a great big wall" is a nonsensical, Palinesque soundbite camouflaged to sound like a decisive man declaring a logical solution.

I'd say - and this is just a suggestion - that if we want to have Mexico cooperate or even pay, the very first and most essential step probably should be "Don't go out of your way to p.ss off Mexico".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
actually I found it refreshing what Trump said about the mexicans. I live in brooklyn and i can tell you, everything Trump said is correct.
the mexicans in my neighborhood loiter in our parks drunk and are all on welfare......

so as far as this politically correct crap, Im glad Trump speaks his mind, we need this.

and on another note, i wish they would finally close our doors to immigrants. if you dont have a college degree or a profession to offer us you should not be able to come here and get food stamps, free medical and housing.
I'm sick of working 40 hours a week and then seeing mexicans walkingaround in my neighborhod where i work with 5 kids, makes me sick, and i know they are on public assistance.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So you'd rather have a candidate that says something stupid about illegal immigration than one who doesn't mention it at all? ".
I guess its sematics, you're idea of stupid I would refer to as being honest.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:49 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
This man is the most delusional, egotistical nutjob on Earth and I love it! This election is gonna be hella entertaining.
But, is that what we really want? To be entertained? This country is in a mess and all we get are 30 second soundbites, partisan trash talk, and ridiculous testosterone filled rhetoric. Where are the candidates that aren't from some reality TV show, who challenge voters, offer solutions that are possible, and act like a world leader? The oligarchs won't allow it, so that's why they only throw us garbage like we've been getting.

Last edited by snowtired14; 07-01-2015 at 11:22 AM..

Old 07-01-2015, 10:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
The difference between running a company and running a country is that a company is not a democracy. Unless Trump declares himself the fuehrer, he still only represents one arm of the government. Partisan politics aside, I will guarantee he'd never get a majority over to his side, on everything he boasts about, in either house. For all the right wingers who will start shouting lib, lib, lib, the right didn't get it done in 2012 and they're not going to get it done with Trump.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:54 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Christie
Trump
Clinton

If this is all this country can muster up for talked about candidates we’re in pretty bad shape.
You couldnt tell we were in bad shape when Obama was voted in (not once, but TWICE)?!? Yikes.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
painting jobs, gardeners, roofing work, hanging out at Home Depot for odd manual jobs is not taking a lot of work from Americans unless those are jobs our young teens will do in the summer or after school. The illegals are not becoming investment bankers, going to med school, doing your home loan, teaching your kids a physcial ed class, or a flipping burger job. I am not against what Trump said especially when he said the bad ones trekking across our borders are rapists, and trafficking drugs. It is true.
Nicaragua, El Savador and other parts of Central America have some of the worst conditions worldwide for teens so they are fleeing but doing it the wrong way. YES, our borders still need to be secured. I've seen parts of Phoenix and El Paso you'd never want to live in unless you like the scenery of poor parts of Mexico. If they don't secure it soon, it is only going to get worse. More peole (iilegals or not) only means more crime based on statistics.
BS! Americans have always done those jobs before illegal aliens flooded those jobs. They didn't have to hang out at Home Depot to get them either. They were on a payroll and getting paid a fair wage along with paying income taxes. Those were jobs for adults not young teens although illegals are taking those entry level jobs that should be for our American teens also. Most illegals here are Mexican not Central Americans fleeing dangerous conditions in their countries. Mexicans and most other illegals are looking for economic opportunity at the expense of the American worker/taxpayer not fleeing dangerous conditions in Mexico or anywhere else.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:58 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Imagine Trump talking to another country like that! He is losing money left and right, deservedly so. Macy's is pulling out:

Report: Macy's is now dumping Donald Trump

Old 07-01-2015, 02:23 PM

828 posts, read 907,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Imagine Trump talking to another country like that! He is losing money left and right, deservedly so. Macy's is pulling out:

Report: Macy's is now dumping Donald Trump

Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM

431 posts, read 599,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You couldnt tell we were in bad shape when Obama was voted in (not once, but TWICE)?!? Yikes.
Who would you have voted in? The morons who tanked the world economy and ran up trillions of dollars of debt prosecuting pointless, unnecessary, wars with on way of paying for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events