Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 01:30 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy87 View Post
To answer your original question then - yes, I am upset at the double standard the left leaning majority imposes. The fact that you disagree does not make my coherent and relevant response 'nonsensical outburst.' It's a discussion forum, for discussing.
What double standard? Other white people have donned black or brown face and not been persecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:32 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
learn to read. I called Paula Dean a bigot.
You said you think Paula Deen is a bigot and you have very similar opinions about that poster. The accusation is not as thinly veiled as you assume it is.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Don't rage on me now....Paula Deen is the one you're against.
Against, lol she ain't nothing but a bigoted southern bell that promotes obesity. She is the butt of jokes. I would have to take her seriously to be against her. If anything I am happy she is a prominent bigot. She reminds America that we are not a post racial society. She brings the storm font clowns out into the open and exposes them for what they truly are. Paula has her uses. I am not against her at all.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You said you think Paula Deen is a bigot and you have very similar opinions about that poster. The accusation is not as thinly veiled as you assume it is.
Similar is not the same. Nice try though.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Against, lol she ain't nothing but a bigoted southern bell that promotes obesity. She is the butt of jokes. I would have to take her seriously to be against her. If anything I am happy she is a prominent bigot. She reminds America that we are not a post racial society. She brings the storm font clowns out into the open and exposes them for what they truly are. Paula has her uses. I am not against her at all.
You certainly have strong opinions about someone you don't take seriously. I wonder what Dean's opinion of you is? Regardless, this thread is about what happened recently....and apparently it actually didn't happen recently. Thus, I believe some of us can bottle up our rage for now.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:46 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Similar is not the same. Nice try though.
You got called out on a personal attack. At least be a man and own up to it.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You got called out on a personal attack. At least be a man and own up to it.
If you want to report that you don't like what I said go ahead. Otherwise take your childish games somewhere else.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
You certainly have strong opinions about someone you don't take seriously. I wonder what Dean's opinion of you is? Regardless, this thread is about what happened recently....and apparently it actually didn't happen recently. Thus, I believe some of us can bottle up our rage for now.
I have strong opinions about a lot of celebrities I don't take seriously. I think Kanye West is the most self centered person on the planet. I think Kim Kardashian is a genius for monetizing baselessness. I think Paula Dean is a bigot.

The only rage in this thread are the people who identify with Paula Dean and feel any attak on her is an attack on them and the culture they love.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:14 PM

453 posts, read 530,504 times
Quote:
I have strong opinions about a lot of celebrities I don't take seriously. I think Kanye West is the most self centered person on the planet. I think Kim Kardashian is a genius for monetizing baselessness. I think Paula Dean is a bigot.

The only rage in this thread are the people who identify with Paula Dean and feel any attak on her is an attack on them and the culture they love.
This is just humorous. I'm defending the premise, not the person. I'm not from the south and don't deep fry everything in butter, so no I do not exactly identify with Paula Deen or love the culture.

At least we agree on Kanye

Old 07-08-2015, 02:17 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:

I have no problem with any "attacks" on a celeb - I just think it's humorous that people feel the need to attack someone that cares nothing about them. It's especially humorous when the "attack" is based on something the celeb didn't even do (i.e. outrage for the sake of outrge). If your outrage is based on something that happened in 2011....well, that's a long time to hold a grudge against a stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events