Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some may say, no big deal, who cares, why's this news, yada yada yada. But obviously, based on her past, a not so smart thing to do in my opinion.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155831293.html
Actually based on her past a very smart thing to do. She knows who her audience is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 11:02 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I'm black and I found the picture to be hilarious!

People need to stop getting offended over everything and anything. Life is WAY too short to continuously get offended over different events. I don't ever see offended people having fun, but rather attempting to derail the fun of others. I didn't care about Paula Deen before her "racist" event two years ago, I don't care about this, and I probably won't care about her in the future. What I will do, however, is support her financially by buying her products as a statement against political correctness and being offended.
Please post a picture of the receipt when you put your money where your mouth is.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:30 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,128 times
The Commiecrats have been after Paula Deen ever since she inadvertently "dissed" M'chelle Obama the Klingon.

And I'd probably issue a few racial slurs to someone who was robbing me at gunpoint too.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,231,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Please post a picture of the receipt when you put your money where your mouth is.
Will do! As a broke college student, I can't do it immediately, but I will when I do obtain money.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 AM

177 posts, read 194,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Will do! As a broke college student, I can't do it immediately.
Bring an ignorant college student isn't exactly a first, but it's definitely an embarrassment. Here's hoping you become more than a broke ass after you complete your studies and actually learn something.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:34 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, the idiot is her. Seriously, what idiot gets her show yanked & experiences negative press for her views on blacks (yes I realize, southerners are so ingrained in their racism that they truly do not even understand racism or that they are racist) & then turns around a couple years later & pulls a stunt like that? You'd have to be completely brain dead to go thru what she did & then repeat it. I just shake my head.

Exactly! With her past I would avoid the appearance of all racially charged wrong doing.

Is this woman obsessed with racially oriented and un-funny jokes? What is her problem? She obviously has an addiction the this type of behavior and thinks that she can get away with it - and that it's OK.

She can't get away with it, and it is not OK.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:59 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Put me in the I don't care column, I'm getting burned out. I've never been a fan anyway.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:01 AM

563 posts, read 524,076 times
I like Paula Dean! If you do not like her show, don't watch it! Simple. Example: I know what I am about to type my be upsetting, but I have to tell you this: I didn't like two shows that were recently on or could still be on. The first was called, "Hello Boo Boo Honey." Not my thing, but hey, it is not going to kill me that it is on the airwaves. Second: "Duck Dynasty," Same thoughts as HBBH, it may make your day, so enjoy. You know, DD is nothing like the original "Dynasty" at all. No. It is not.

Paula Dean has a great voice. She is that Southern Neighbor I would like to have, especially around lunch or dinner!

Old 07-08-2015, 02:14 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,947,993 times
He looks like he has a mild tan (and he also looks more attractive). It's not even an obvious dark colour.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:08 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,160,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some may say, no big deal, who cares, why's this news, yada yada yada. But obviously, based on her past, a not so smart thing to do in my opinion.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155831293.html
So they all dressed up as characters from I Love Lucy, so what? This is just the MSM trying to create an issue out of nothing, in an attempt to double-down on Paula Deen.

If Deen had been from the North, none of this would ever have made headlines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events