Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 05:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I love how you just lumped a whole group/region of people together to insult them as a whole, all the while complaining about racism. And who's the idiot?

Paula Deen like the rest of America is tired of walking on eggshells about everything in fear of being called a racist. If anyone is offended, let them go crawl into a cave and cry about it. We're sick of it.
I find it interesting there are some who revel in being offensive & disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 05:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.

First of all she's not even the one who posted the 4-year old pic. Sadly, she overreacted and jumped on the bandwagon to fire her social media director (Yes, people, celebs hire staff to tweet, post, chat, etc.).

Notwithstanding the fact that Desi Arnaz had skin as light as Lucy's, this is no big deal--except for those who wake up every day and look for something to be offended about.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
I think "southerners" have a better understanding of "racism" than you do. Here is the actual definition of racism:

Now please tell me in what way Paula Deen is being racist. You can say this is offensive, but it is not racism. BTW, at best she is mocking a popular and culturally significant television show and it's famous symbolism. How is that any different from dozens of satirical sketches that happen every day in the name of "satire".
She's free to do what she wants but she's incredibly stupid to even go near that after her debacle.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:16 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I find it interesting there are some who revel in being offensive & disrespectful.

Well stop it then. No need for you to be that way.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:16 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,058,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some may say, no big deal, who cares, why's this news, yada yada yada. But obviously, based on her past, a not so smart thing to do in my opinion.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155831293.html
Some black actors made themselves white girls for a movie, I forget the name, but the movie was funny.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,513,348 times
Quote:
The whole race card thing is getting old and played out.
Wait. Did the world suddenly change and racism ended? Talking about the real topic of racism is not playing the "race card."

As a white person (I'm assuming), you have the benefit of not having to consider race on an almost daily basis.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:24 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,654,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Wait. Did the world suddenly change and racism ended? Talking about the real topic of racism is not playing the "race card."

As a white person (I'm assuming), you have the benefit of not having to consider race on an almost daily basis.
Yeah, Racist here, Racist there, Racist are everywhere!!!!

Everything and everyone is a racist.

Is that better?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:26 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,654,297 times
Quote:
you lumped southerners into a group of a bunch of racists and now you are calling me offensive and disrespectful for calling you out on it?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:35 PM

304 posts, read 325,167 times
Quote:
She's free to do what she wants but she's incredibly stupid to even go near that after her debacle.
This happened in 2011, nearly four years ago during a Halloween party for her cooking show. It happened a full two years BEFORE she went through the scandal with her former restaurant employees accusing her of being a racist. This is NOT a NEW thing she just did last week.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post

As a white guy trying to keep track of my ism's, wouldn't this be ethnicism or born in Cuba-ism, not racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events