Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
What you call "liberal" is the rightwing news media stirring the racial pot once again with stupid racial stories that nobody cares about

NBC, its spawn MSNBC, and CNN constitute the "rightwing news media?"

The things you learn on these boards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
I think someone else posted the photo, not Paula Deen. People should get off of her back already. She's been 'punished' enough for the last incident.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM

563 posts, read 524,392 times
Default Yep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think someone else posted the photo, not Paula Deen. People should get off of her back already. She's been 'punished' enough for the last incident.

Agreed.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Until she is put in front of a firing squad, liberals will never be satisfied. They are the truly intolerant ones.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
A Social Media Manager did the posting without Ms. Deen knowing it and was promptly fired by Ms. Deen.

Everyone who's offended can now go about their daily routines...

Paula Deen fires social media manager over photo posted of her son in 'brownface'

Old 07-08-2015, 09:18 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.
No kidding. There is nothing here offensive. AT ALL.

It really fries me how people just TRY to find something to call racism.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:40 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.
Ever met a racist comment, or person, you didn't love? How about a molesting hillbilly holy roller megafamily? ...nah. I didn't think so.

FYI - Deen voted for Bill Clinton - twice. Still like her?

Old 07-09-2015, 04:00 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Ever met a racist comment, or person, you didn't love? How about a molesting hillbilly holy roller megafamily? ...nah. I didn't think so.

FYI - Deen voted for Bill Clinton - twice. Still like her?
Whether I like Deen or not has nothing to do with this entire situation. I've never met her personally but why would that matter. If something is racist or not has nothing to do with who the person voted for. Does that confuse you?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Why is this insulting to some people. Who cares?? it was not a racial statement but a play upon a TV show from the 50s. Why on earth do so many people look for reasons to be insulted?? Why have these lefty loones taken such pleasure from attacking this poor woman?? When will America be America again?? how can we get rid of this culture of PC??? I am so sick of it. Not one person should find this offensive, unless of course you dislike the I Love Lucy show from the 1950s. I see absolutely NO racial statement at all.
The left is losing all sense of humor and they say the people on the right are prudish......this is the most ridiculous thing to complain about!

Old 07-09-2015, 07:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, the idiot is her. Seriously, what idiot gets her show yanked & experiences negative press for her views on blacks (yes I realize, southerners are so ingrained in their racism that they truly do not even understand racism or that they are racist) & then turns around a couple years later & pulls a stunt like that? You'd have to be completely brain dead to go thru what she did & then repeat it. I just shake my head.
Excuse me - your own prejudices are showing.

Pot, meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events