Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Really? You mean like our Founding Fathers who wore powdered Wigs and stockings along with makeup? The above pic begs for a "Monty Python" skit! Seems like we have had "Gender Identity" issues going back then!

Why do you ASSume that the men appropriated these things from the women? You might be surprised at the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not sure getting this personal is progress. I'd rather see 'Male' - 'Female' and the why, what and when is none of your damned business.
What if someone's F on the form doesn't match to the driver's license? I'd say "M"-"F"-"Undisclosed" at least.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Just accepting the fact that their are non-gender-conforming students and accomodating their needs, doesn't mean a school 'focuses' on it. Besides, gender non-conforming people are entering into the workplace as well, there are non-discrimination laws in many states and cities and many companies take those laws seriously. So, by accepting gender non-conforming students to the school, the school prepares everyone to today's reality.

But, I'd say Universities should get rid from their sport programs altogether! How professional football might help anyone to be a better engineer?
I, as a former boss, didn't care what you identified as or who you slept with, but I did care if I was going to give you a job that you had a good mind, had a good education, and could handle the job I would hire you to do.

All this, I'm a Special Snowflake crap is really just that, crap.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
It's starting to look and sound like a carnival freakshow.Where will this madness end?
Well we still have animals and inanimate objects so we've got a ways to go before it ends.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:42 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,760 times
If the liberal fanatics really were liberal fanatics, they would not even ask the question of gender. Perhaps that will dawn on them one day after they explore several more iterations of foolishness.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
The problem is when you create a protected or subsidized class that attracts people who try to cheat on or game the system. If you can choose your gender then someone will try to get on the girls' wrestling team (with a scholarship of course) who is not a girl. This isn't fair to the girls or to actual trans women.
I do not believe that Male to Female Trans can participate in women's athletics. There is an "accepted" max testosterone level for athletics -- anything above that (which a MtF trans would be) would fail any drug test, rendering them ineligible.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
I really don't understand this "Gender Identity" stuff.

I was born a male and I will die a male.

But if Medicare would pay for it, I would like a Vagina and a 12 inch Penis.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Your simplistic retort is barely worthy of a response. Clearly you are devoid of historical knowledge to know what their thinking was for the time, and what they envisioned for the future. The myopic attempt to look at them with a modern day PC lens is your undoing.
If you really care to educate yourself, read their personal writings (i.e. Federalist Papers) and their intent beyond the limitations of their times.
Please feel to enlighten me on actual information to counter my statement. Because you used a lot of words to say "you're wrong" but didn't actually present any supporting information.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:18 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I really don't understand this "Gender Identity" stuff.

I was born a male and I will die a male.

But if Medicare would pay for it, I would like a Vagina and a 12 inch Penis.
Shoot, you'd never get out of the house.

Mick

Old 07-29-2015, 09:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
What if someone's F on the form doesn't match to the driver's license? I'd say "M"-"F"-"Undisclosed" at least.
Well what if they pull a "Rachael"....A White male saying they are a Black female ?
Who are we to say they aren't ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events