Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 08:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,861,640 times

Advertisements

In my instance the fellow slipped under and away from me and out the passenger door and took off. I turned off the ignition and the car slowed where I could open the door to apply the brake. I never thought of shooting.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:08 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,344,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I never thought of shooting.
Never said that you did.

But I am curious because that is a rather common excuse for police using deadly force.

Now I've seen those incidents where the driver is boxed in try to ram themselves out of the situation. In that situation I get it, but when a car is being driven forward in an obvious attempt to get away, seems like moving works better than shooting as defensive moves go since cars with dead drivers don't usually initiate the brakes.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,928,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Surely he didn't deserve a head shot but he wasn't exactly making the situation any better (no tag, no license, suspended licence, resisting getting out of the car, starting the car and taking off)......Clearly the driver escalated the stop from a ticket situation to probably an arrest (fleeing).

This wasn't an alter boy on the way to church....
Absolutely did not deserve to be shot. But I agree with you, just as the police officer probably had no business becoming a cop per his demeanor, Dubose had absolutely no business at all being behind the wheel of a car, he was a menace. He had a 75 charges in Hamilton county alone, a permanently suspended license, obviously no valid insurance and a complete disregard for driving laws and anyone else's life safety on the road. It is obvious that he would do anything possible to not get caught by police again with his driving record and alcohol in the vehicle, including running from the law and slamming into some poor family while doing so.

What is tragic is that a different officer did not pull Dubose over and be able to put him into custody, make the serious traffic offenses stick this time (not driving without a front license plate) and put this guy in jail where he belonged since that was the only way to keep this menace off the roads. As it is now his 13 (or is it 20?) children get a windfall for this stupid officer's conduct.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,637,038 times
I guess we should trust you as opposed to the experts who examined the video and say the cop shot the man FIRST. Or I should not believe my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
So I guess I'm the only one in the country seeing this on the video, but I see the cop reaching inside the car for the keys AFTER the driver turns on the ignition (which he also wasn't supposed to do). Then the driver guns the accelerator, and we see the the cop-cam footage pointing up at the sky and -- for five frames -- MOVING (meaning he was being dragged or at least was thrown to the ground and skidded and thus had good reason to THINK he was being dragged or could be run over), and then the cop -- now on the ground some distance from where he started -- crouching and firing one round TOWARD THE SPEEDING, FLEEING CAR - now also some distance from the cop - and, as luck would have it for both, that one shot happened to hit the guy squarely in the head and kill him instantly.

I'm sure the victim was an angel, which is why he was fleeing the scene (eye roll).

I also see a city rampant with black-on-black (and white) crime trying to avoid a race riot - ala Ferguson or Baltimore - by throwing this cop under the bus. Or rather under the speeding, fleeing car, as the case may be. His defense attorney is supposed to be all that, but I'm not impressed so far.

And, with both the bulldog DA and the press -- even the conservative press -- refusing to see what's in front of their eyes (the shot was NOT fired before the sky images appeared), this poor cop is just toast.

Say it with me: COP LIVES MATTER!

Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,406,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
So if the crime just happened and it wasn't reported yet, a crystal ball would come on and tell the cops what happened. These are why cops check suspicious vehicles and criminals to catch people like this thug in the act.
No, that's not true. Cops do not pull people over because there "might" be an unreported crime. If they think there might be an unreported crime they radio dispatch and ask DUH Decent cops pull people over because they broke the law, Tensing in no way meets the definition of decent cop.

Cops like Tensing spend their time making stops based on profiling. They are little weeny boy cops who want to make a name for themselves so they spend the day pulling people over whose appearance or demeanor might indicate that they have a criminal history, are on probation or parole, or are otherwise fair game. You never know you might just find some marijuana in the car, or maybe the guy has an unpaid traffic ticket, or if none of that works out you call probation and find out that they missed a meeting with their P.O and arrest them for that. THAT is how weak little chicken crap pretend cops like Tensing play the game.

And it's not necessarily about color except for the fact that it's more likely in some areas that a black person will fit your profile. In other areas it might be a hispanic with a straight rim baseball cap on, or a white guy with a lot of institutional ink. Like I said, real cops make car stops based on suspicion, weak little thug wanna bes drive around profiling and harassing

Need more proof, here's some info and a video on an earlier car stop by Officer Tensing:
Ray Tensing: Passenger from another stop says ex-UC officer shouldn't have questioned him - Story

Old 07-31-2015, 09:23 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,231,033 times
Watch the video again. The driver's hands were up and the officer was pulling on his shirt as he drew his gun and shot him in the head. The car didn't move until after the officer shot him then crashed into a pole because the driver was already dead when the car started moving and veered off.

Since when does have a missing plate and no license on hand warrant a shot in the head?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Actually I have been in a situation where a suspect was attempting to drive off and I was holding the steering wheel and driver similar to the video. Later I realized I could have been dragged under the car and suffered injuries from fractured low limbs to a spinal injury. I suppose the police officer shot the fellow the moment he felt he was losing control of the situation and beginning to be dragged.
No. The cop's left hand was on the driver's chest and holding onto the seatbelt at the time he shot.

The cop was never dragged. He probably fell on his butt from the gun recoil.

The driver was dead before the car ever started moving.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:29 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,406,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
He had a 75 charges in Hamilton county alone, a permanently suspended license, obviously no valid insurance and a complete disregard for driving laws and anyone else's life safety on the road. It is obvious that he would do anything possible to not get caught by police again with his driving record and alcohol in the vehicle, including running from the law and slamming into some poor family while doing so. What is tragic is that a different officer did not pull Dubose over and be able to put him into custody, make the serious traffic offenses stick this time (not driving without a front license plate) and put this guy in jail where he belonged since that was the only way to keep this menace off the roads. As it is now his 13 (or is it 20?) children get a windfall for this stupid officer's conduct.
I looked at the record, it states 'indefinitely suspended', if you can provide proof that it is permanently suspended- bring it on. Indefinitely suspended usually means there is an outstanding case for driving on suspended so there can't be an end date to the suspension until that matter is heard in court.

He didn't have record of violent behavior and had not been arrested for the past 3 years. It's just a little silly when you start making stuff up about what 'could happen' Driving without insurance is a huge problem in urban areas, in some states insurance rating is done by zipcode as well as your driving record which can make rates in urban areas astronomical. States need to address this by offering low cost minimum coverage insurance to people without serious violations or injury accidents as they have done in California. If you think people will quit driving because they don't have insurance or because their license is suspended you are delusional.

22,062 posts, read 13,099,306 times
People are gonna see only what they want to see here. Hope they can find one objective expert in all the land so justice is served.

67,650 posts, read 61,153,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No. The cop's left hand was on the driver's chest and holding onto the seatbelt at the time he shot.

The cop was never dragged. He probably fell on his butt from the gun recoil.

The driver was dead before the car ever started moving.
This.

When you watch the event happen in slow motion, this becomes very apparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events