Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 04:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
And now you double down on your fallacious argument. . .
I am simply discussing the facts of this case

There is simply flatly no evidence at all that "Cecil" was killed as part of a "management" plan or that he was threatening or harming any human beings or their farm animals … or that he was singled out to be baited and killed because Zimbabwe has too many lions ...

Old 09-09-2015, 04:31 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Nice try at avoiding my point about the idea of The Great White Hunters selflessly traveling to far away Africa and just in the nick of time to save helpless African humans from Lions and Leopards and such …

But again … "Cecil" was not killing and eating humans or their cattle, was he … ???
Not sure i wasnt there, you?

Old 09-09-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not sure i wasnt there, you?
According to all reports, the only reason "Cecil" was available to be shot by The Great White Hunter is that he was deliberately baited to leave the wildlife reserve ...

Old 09-09-2015, 04:57 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Nice try at avoiding my point about the idea of The Great White Hunters selflessly traveling to far away Africa and just in the nick of time to save helpless African humans from Lions and Leopards and such …

But again … "Cecil" was not killing and eating humans or their cattle, was he … ???
I do think that this is WHY the outrage Teilhard..To pay exorbitant fees to feed a desire for a "Trophy" somehow feeds the narrative of need to feed their "EGO" plain and simple..Nothing about assisting the locals with predatory losses. Leaving that carcass and taking the head told the tale!!

Too bad....Palmer will forever more be labelled a self-centred Egocentric needs!!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:04 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
According to all reports, the only reason "Cecil" was available to be shot by The Great White Hunter is that he was deliberately baited to leave the wildlife reserve ...
That may or may not be true. Most reserves are not high fenced so the animals can come and go as they wish. I haven't seen anything so far that shows the Dentist knew about illegal baiting and baiting is quite common in many types of hunting.

I'm no trophy hunter but it's legal. This case is also in another Country so it's really none of our business. You seem to have an issue with the hunter being white?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That may or may not be true. Most reserves are not high fenced so the animals can come and go as they wish. I haven't seen anything so far that shows the Dentist knew about illegal baiting and baiting is quite common in many types of hunting.

I'm no trophy hunter but it's legal. This case is also in another Country so it's really none of our business. You seem to have an issue with the hunter being white?
I have an issue with the arrogance of the whole bit …

just Google: "Great White Hunter"

Old 09-09-2015, 05:21 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We don't really need to hunt for food anymore. Its really quite needless for most everyone.
SO it's o.k. to kill the cows in mass, to get your burger?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Again, I favor licensed managed responsible hunting …

Which part of that do you not get … ???

I am against *slob* hunting, which IMHO includes "trophy" hunting ...
So, lets see...the dentist BOUGHT a license.....

Your fake outrage is noted!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
So, it's the dentist fault that his group of GUIDES lured in a lion and said shoot it?

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAhaahhaahahahahahahaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Breath......

HHHHHHHHHHHHHahahaahahahhhaahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 09-09-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, lets see...the dentist BOUGHT a license.....

Your fake outrage is noted!
Ummmm …

Almost always a *slob* hunter has purchased a license …
So … ??? A *slob* hunter is a *slob* hunter ...

Many persons picked up for Driving While Intoxicated have a valid driver's license …
So … ???

Last edited by Teilhard; 09-09-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events