Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 06:21 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Yes, yes, yes …

And some people continue to "enjoy" **** fights and dog fights, too … "Enjoyment" is not an ethical measure IMHO ...

Yep, you have LOST, you are now comparing something that illegal (dog fights) to something that is legal and WAS doe LEGALLY...!

Your failure is NOTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAhaahahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 09-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The dentist BROKE THE LAW. He will suffer because karma ALWAYS gets her revenge.
No he did not...he had a VALID permit....and can you tell us how that that dentist got that valid permit?

Old 09-09-2015, 06:31 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, you have LOST, you are now comparing something that illegal (dog fights) to something that is legal and WAS doe LEGALLY...!
Ummm …

I didn't comment upon "legality" but upon your point, which I reject, that "enjoyment" of an activity has something -- anything -- to do with whether or not it is a good thing to do, "ethical," helpful, etc.

That was my obvious point, which you obviously missed …

Old 09-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Okay, you're jealous that I have a biology degree …

But, yes, I oppose "trophy" hunting no matter where it is done …

In my own life and family and community I teach and try to cultivate a general respect for living things ...
I have a Bachelors degree in management, and currently have 6 classes (including the class I am in) for my MBA, I also have 26 years in Army Aviation (21 years in Army Aviation and 6+ years currently working as a contractor for/in Army Aviation) so I am FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from being jealous of you having a degree in biology...lol...but if it makes you feel better to say that, go right ahead.

Show us how you have affected "trophy" hunting in the United States?

Again, you have failed to answer my questions? Why is that?

Admit it, you had NO clue that "trophy" hunting happened in the United States, it's O.K., hundreds of thousands of people had no clue, just as you until you seen this article.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Ummm …

I didn't comment upon "legality" but upon your point, which I reject, that "enjoyment" of an activity has something -- anything -- to do with whether or not it is a good thing to do, "ethical," helpful, etc.

That was my obvious point, which you obviously missed …

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, no, your point was to say that you think dog fighting provides the same enjoyment as hunting....and THAT is what you inferred....

You obviously missed your OWN point....

Old 09-09-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I have a Bachelors degree in management, and currently have 6 classes (including the class I am in) for my MBA, I also have 26 years in Army Aviation (21 years in Army Aviation and 6+ years currently working as a contractor for/in Army Aviation) so I am FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from being jealous of you having a degree in biology...lol...but if it makes you feel better to say that, go right ahead.

Show us how you have affected "trophy" hunting in the United States?

Again, you have failed to answer my questions? Why is that?

Admit it, you had NO clue that "trophy" hunting happened in the United States, it's O.K., hundreds of thousands of people had no clue, just as you until you seen this article.

(1) As I already wrote, I oppose "trophy" hunting wherever it is done … and, yes, I know full well that "trophy" (*slob*) hunting happens in North America, too, not just in Africa … (duh)

(2) In my own life, in my family and in community, I teach and try to cultivate respect for all living things ...

Last edited by Teilhard; 09-09-2015 at 06:58 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,670,091 times
Quote:
There has been NO evidence presented -- zip, zero, none -- that "Cecil" was attacking villagers' children or that the people of Zimbabwe have been rejoicing over the lion's death …
Not rejoicing, but more along the lines of the way we react when a deer is hunted and killed in the US. "Hmm, they got another one."

I'm sorry the lion was killed, but I'm not going to berate the hunter. I don't particularly care for big game hunting, although I understand it. But I think a lot of people, especially Americans, grew up watching "Born Free" and tend to romanticize and anthropomorphize animals such as Cecil in their native habitat, and thus the hysteria. Not every lion is Mufasa, the wise Lion King.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:

(1) As I already wrote, I oppose "trophy" hunting wherever it is done … and, yes, I know full well that "trophy" (*slob*) hunting happens in North America, too, not just in Africa … (duh)

That is not what you said, now is it (show us WHERE YOU SAID "wherever it is DONE")? Now, you will say that "trophy" hunting is bad wherever it is done, and NO you had NO clue that it happens in the United States...
Quote:
(2) In my own life, in my family and in community, I teach and try to cultivate respect for all living things ...

Good for you, but it must be documented somewhere where you have taught YOUR community that you have taught that "trophy" hunting is bad, and NOT just in Africa...so show us...

Listen, I applaud you for being a biologist, something I never wanted to do. But don't bring BULL crap to this table, you and the hundreds of thousands never cared about "trophy" hunting until this dentist crap happened.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Not rejoicing, but more along the lines of the way we react when a deer is hunted and killed in the US. "Hmm, they got another one."

I'm sorry the lion was killed, but I'm not going to berate the hunter. I don't particularly care for big game hunting, although I understand it. But I think a lot of people, especially Americans, grew up watching "Born Free" and tend to romanticize and anthropomorphize animals such as Cecil in their native habitat, and thus the hysteria. Not every lion is Mufasa, the wise Lion King.
I, for one, have never watched "Born Free" … or "The Lion King," so …

Nor do I "'romanticize' Nature," but I understand some things about Nature, and I respect Nature ...

Old 09-09-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
[/b]That is not what you said, now is it (show us WHERE YOU SAID "wherever it is DONE")? Now, you will say that "trophy" hunting is bad wherever it is done, and NO you had NO clue that it happens in the United States...
[b]

Good for you, but it must be documented somewhere where you have taught YOUR community that you have taught that "trophy" hunting is bad, and NOT just in Africa...so show us...

Listen, I applaud you for being a biologist, something I never wanted to do. But don't bring BULL crap to this table, you and the hundreds of thousands never cared about "trophy" hunting until this dentist crap happened.
Certainly the dentist guy vs. "Cecil" has raised this question to a higher level of public awareness, and that is a good thing, IMHO …

As to your missing the points I have made repeatedly in this discussion, well … Not my problem ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events