Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 09:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Sorry Wood, but you guys should fix that. If you hang with those who kill you'll be a casualty and an innocent bystander for them.
When a religious group basing their beliefs in the Quran go into say Mali, and take hostages and then release those who can quote from the Quran and kill those who cannot Muslims will be under scrutiny.
By the way those hostages in Mali were just captured today, and those who quoted your version of the bible were set free.

All religions who have tried this have learned in the past. When Christians tried this with the Indians they were ALL seen as a threat. The fact that Muslims can't clear away from Muslims that kill for their religion is their fault, not the fault of those who are afraid of dying. You guys should rectify this and stop thinking it's the job of those who aren't Muslim, and are only terrorized by a portion of your religion. It's your job, not ours. I'm not religious at all, and I don't want to be forced to be Muslim under the threat of losing my life.

This, times a thousand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 09:47 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
The fact that Muslims can't clear away from Muslims that kill for their religion is their fault, not the fault of those who are afraid of dying. You guys should rectify this and stop thinking it's the job of those who aren't Muslim, and are only terrorized by a portion of your religion. It's your job, not ours. I'm not religious at all, and I don't want to be forced to be Muslim under the threat of losing my life.
I read this quite a bit; that blacks need to 'control their own' and muslims need to stop other muslims from becoming radicalized. And I can't help but laugh a bit because if that even worked (which it doesn't as it implies that all people who share an identification based on race or religion are homogenous and able to control and direct the behavior of other people with similar characteristics) where is the call to people who are identified as 'white' to rid their population of the likes of Dylann Roof?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 11-20-2015 at 10:39 AM..

Old 11-20-2015, 09:53 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Yes, hence some wanting to track all Muslims to make sure they are sane, and loving because hey, anyone can join, and there is no tie that bonds those who are good or bad. Muslims can't protect themselves, or anyone else from other Muslims. It's a grab bag. Now that some of those in the bag are blowing up others profiling will commence. It's human nature to protect and not an ounce of pc will get rid of that instinct.

Therefore, those Muslims killing those who don't practice like they do includes killing peaceful Muslims. Plus, without a defining ideology Muslims set themselves up for profiling from non Muslims. It's a lose, lose for you guys. Why on earth would anyone who is loving and peaceful choose to be a Muslim? It's attached to killers and terrorists. That in itself should be a "no go" sign from the beginning. To me religion is a choice, and those who chose this one know what comes with it.
I neglected to address the second paragraph.

Therefore, those Muslims killing those who don't practice like they do includes killing peaceful Muslims. Plus, without a defining ideology Muslims set themselves up for profiling from non Muslims. It's a lose, lose for you guys. Why on earth would anyone who is loving and peaceful choose to be a Muslim? It's attached to killers and terrorists. That in itself should be a "no go" sign from the beginning. To me religion is a choice, and those who chose this one know what comes with it.

The reasons I choose to be Muslim are Muslti.

The 2 Prime reasons being

1. I found reason to believe Allah(swt) exists

2. I have come to believe that following the 5 pillars of Islam, is the best way to worship Allah

A third reason that is a strong incentive is I can follow the 5 pillars with no need of clergy and can do so in my own home alone. which is ideal for a person that is 100% disabled and seldom leaves the house except for weekly doctor appointments.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:01 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
where is the call to people who are identified as 'white' for them to rid their population of the likes of Dylann Roof?
Dylann Roof is going to spend a very long time in jail, or hopefully a very long time on the end of a needle. When there are moments of silence for his victims we do not have people screaming "White Power!" and any who did would probably be dealt with.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Dylann Roof is going to spend a very long time in jail, or hopefully a very long time on the end of a needle. When there are moments of silence for his victims we do not have people screaming "White Power!" and any who did would probably be dealt with.
You beg the question by claiming that whites didn't scream "white power" over the acts of Dylan Roof. American Muslims were not in the streets yelling Allahu Akbar over the terrorist acts in France, yet somehow according to the poster THEY are expected to stop terrorism while there is no similar expectation made of whites.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
You beg the question by claiming that whites didn't scream "white power" over the acts of Dylan Roof. American Muslims were not in the streets yelling Allahu Akbar over the terrorist acts in France, yet somehow according to the poster THEY are expected to stop terrorism while there is no similar expectation made of whites.
Certainly in Paris. I really do not care if they do or not. I am more concerned with not letting refugees into the US.

Also I will always remember I had a work friend who was Muslim. Knew him for years. He is well educated and from Sudan. One night we are working late and decide to go out and get some dinner. Almost the second we were out of the building he says something out of the blue about America Supporting Israel killing Palestinians. I am like WTF? So I do not respond and we go get dinner. But I am thinking where does he, from Sudan get this hard on against Israel? It has to come from somewhere?

I think we do a pretty decent job of catching and punishing criminals. I know sometimes we do make excuses for some dirt bags but generally when some racist creep like Dylan Roof comes along we all know he is a walking POS and nobody I know will miss him. He was like one guy and he either was too stupid or to lazy to plan it well.

Comparing what he did to what happened in Paris, or London on 7/7 London Bombings or on 9/11 is not similar at all. Even the Tsarnaivs (sp?) seemed to be more premeditated than this idiot.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Certainly in Paris. I really do not care if they do or not. I am more concerned with not letting refugees into the US. Also I will always remember I had a work friend who was Muslim. Knew him for years. He is well educated and from Sudan. One night we are working late and decide to go out and get some dinner. Almost the second we were out of the building he says something out of the blue about America Supporting Israel killing Palestinians. I am like WTF? So I do not respond and we go get dinner. But I am thinking where does he, from Sudan get this hard on against Israel? It has to come from somewhere? I think we do a pretty decent job of catching and punishing criminals. I know sometimes we do make excuses for some dirt bags but generally when some racist creep like Dylan Roof comes along we all know he is a walking POS and nobody I know will miss him. He was like one guy and he either was too stupid or to lazy to plan it well. Comparing what he did to what happened in Paris, or London on 7/7 London Bombings or on 9/11 is not similar at all. Even the Tsarnaivs (sp?) seemed to be more premeditated than this idiot.
I give up, maybe I did not explain myself well, but the topic seems to morphed into something quite different and is now centered on: 1) What M.E. terrorists did is worse than what Dylan Roof did and 2) It's remarkable that a Muslim would criticize Israel

Old 11-20-2015, 10:43 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Certainly in Paris. I really do not care if they do or not. I am more concerned with not letting refugees into the US.

Almost the second we were out of the building he says something out of the blue about America Supporting Israel killing Palestinians. I am like WTF? So I do not respond and we go get dinner. But I am thinking where does he, from Sudan get this hard on against Israel? It has to come from somewhere?

From the same places other people formulate their ideology- cultural teachings, religious teachings, etc. I know plenty of white "Christians" who would love to see the downfall of Israel. It's not just a Muslim thing.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I give up, maybe I did not explain myself well, but the topic seems to morphed into something quite different and is now centered on: 1) What M.E. terrorists did is worse than what Dylan Roof did and 2) It's remarkable that a Muslim would criticize Israel
1. Do you see equity in what Dylan Roof did and the Paris attacks?
2. a) I am not sure about you but I think it is odd that someone from Sudan would even care about Palestine, let alone US support of Israel. Especially when at this time Sudan was committing some major atrocities of its own.
2.b) Why do you think that a Muslim should automatically criticize Israel? That is my point. Is it taught at the Mosque?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
1. Do you see equity in what Dylan Roof did and the Paris attacks?
That is a fallacious argument known as a fallacy of relative privation. It goes like this B happened, and is worse than A. Therefore A is justified.
Quote:
I am not sure about you but I think it is odd that someone from Sudan would even care about Palestine, let alone US support of Israel. Especially when at this time Sudan was committing some major atrocities of its own. Why do you think that a Muslim should automatically criticize Israel? That is my point. Is it taught at the Mosque?
I never said a Muslim should automatically criticize Israel, you are putting words in my mouth... The issue is that not only Muslims criticize the policies of Israel and it's treatment of Palestinians particularly forced displacement through it's resettlement plans, but that's probably a subject best saved for a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events