Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 11:47 AM

321 posts, read 419,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
If you have no centralized leaders or teachings how can you say Muslims are peaceful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 11:49 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Less then 20% of the World's Muslims live in a nation that has forced religious laws. and a few in separatist regions such as the break-away Aceh region of Indonesia.

I believe you will find the vast majority of us are very independent and very much opposed to anyone who claims to be a religious leader.

While every Muslim can only speak for them self I have found a few that seem to agree with my views.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-h...leaders-called

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-the-leader-of-Islam
20% of a billion is a lot!

Old 11-17-2015, 12:20 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
If you have no centralized leaders or teachings how can you say Muslims are peaceful?
i never said Muslims are Peaceful, I said Islam is peaceful. We do have Muslims that are extremely violent. We also have those that are the epitome of peace such as:

Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan: The Muslim Gandhi | Asia | DW.COM | 06.10.2011

Religions are neither peaceful nor violent. It is individuals that are.

I find the Qur'an, Ahadith and Madhabs to be very peaceful and giving no justification for violence. I find that many Muslims agree with that.

While we have no centralized Hierarchy of Clergy, every Muslim has to understand they them self are the Clergy and each of us carries the responsibility of correcting those we believe to be in error. But we have to do so with facts and be able to point out verifiable reasons we believe some one is in error.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:41 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Mass gun laws aren't at restrictive as other blue states. Lots of hunting there, not to mention in ME, NH and VT just over the border.
Then you are in better hands than you some of your neighbors....I wish you well in your continued defense of the incomprehensible....

Old 11-17-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
i never said Muslims are Peaceful, I said Islam is peaceful.
Quote:
Religions are neither peaceful nor violent. It is individuals that are.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:14 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Truck bomb disguised as an ambulance found near the football stadium in Hanover, Ger. Curious to see how much work went into this.

Attack on Russian jet.
Attack in Paris.
And now this.

There seems to be a real urgency to carry out attacks after the Russians started attacking ISIS in Syria.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:20 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
It turns out one of the bombers was a unemployed, pot head deadbeat who never went to Mosque

ISIS Paris bomber Ibrahim Abdeslam's ex-wife reveals terrorist never went to mosque | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-17-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
20% of a billion is a lot!
Yep, it is a lot, can you imagine what 90% would be like?

About 75% of the world's Muslims have no contact or very little with Non-Muslims and should be of no concern to anyone except Muslims.

In this world a person is more likely to be killed by a close acquaintance or family member than an unknown Muslim.

Most homicides are the result of criminal activity than acts of terrorism.

I think we react so much stronger about terrorism than other crime, is because many of us believe there is an identifiable source for terrorism. We like the comfort of being able to categorize that which we can not control. Being able to identify a group as a cause of Terrorism is somewhat comforting as it gives us a false sense of security in thinking we have something we can limit or control.

Just my opinion. Other people have different opinions.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Yep, it is a lot, can you imagine what 90% would be like?
Typical threat. "If you deal with these violent Muslims you will breed more Muslims!"

Color me less than impressed. If you deal with us you will breed fire from the sky and destroyed infrastructure.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Typical threat. "If you deal with these violent Muslims you will breed more Muslims!"

Color me less than impressed. If you deal with us you will breed fire from the sky and destroyed infrastructure.
That is not what I said nor implied.

I was attempting to point out that most of us are not terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events