Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Sure as long as US is in the war.
Me going alone? no.
We've already got boots on the ground …

Just a couple weeks ago, a large number of hostages were rescued in an operation involving US soldiers …

Go for it … or not …

The U. S. military is an all volunteer outfit these days ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 06:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
When you go to a concert of death metal, somebody might get killed! You know, you’re worshiping death, and then, all of a sudden, people start dying!… Well, you love death so much, you bought the ticket, you love worshiping Satan! Well, let’s have some of Satan’s religion come in and shoot you!

I mean, that’s what these people should think about before they go into such a wicked concert…
Christian Pastor Criticizes Paris Terror Attack Victims for Attending “Death Metal” Concert

1) First of all, this pastor is a fool - Eagles of Death Metal have an ironic name, as their genre of music is primarily classic blues rock.

2) Second, there's no more reason to expect to get killed listening to the death metal genre of music (inane as I find it, it's not lethal to enjoy it) than one should expect to die watching The Sopranos or attending a performance of Hamlet, both of which are quite about a lot of death.

3) Third, why is this loser blaming the victims? Oh, right - because he actually thinks they kinda sorta had it coming. That's how hateful he is.

What a horrible human being...

Old 11-16-2015, 07:13 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
That's not true. Wildlife is thriving in Chernobyl now

Nearly 30 Years After Chernobyl Disaster, Wildlife Returns to the Area

The only thing that is really bad for the environment are humans and we aren't going anywhere
Chernobyl is incredible. When I visited, they instructed me to not eat the local vegetation though.

On-topic, nuking is not the answer. A nuclear weapon should be a deterrent against large-scale attack and its indiscriminate killing power will not win over anyone.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
So, you're on their side?
Ironically, the anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant refugee xenophobes are on the side of ISIS, falling neatly into their trap ...

Old 11-16-2015, 08:48 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Christian Pastor Criticizes Paris Terror Attack Victims for Attending “Death Metal” Concert

1) First of all, this pastor is a fool - Eagles of Death Metal have an ironic name, as their genre of music is primarily classic blues rock.

2) Second, there's no more reason to expect to get killed listening to the death metal genre of music (inane as I find it, it's not lethal to enjoy it) than one should expect to die watching The Sopranos or attending a performance of Hamlet, both of which are quite about a lot of death.

3) Third, why is this loser blaming the victims? Oh, right - because he actually thinks they kinda sorta had it coming. That's how hateful he is.

What a horrible human being...
Yeah, I was waiting for that to happen. He probably thinks Queens Of The Stone Age are a gay Flinstones tribute band.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:31 PM

981 posts, read 899,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Definitely going to read The Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail again. There's a good summary of the book on Kindle.
ByeBye, as usual you have a great recommendation. This book is next on the reading list, can't believe I've never heard of it.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:37 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe if we had helped Assad push them back those extremists wouldn't have made so many inroads.
Instead we funded the "rebels" and waited for Assad to fall.
It more and more appears that the best course of action is to prop up Assad. We are desperately looking for “boots on the ground” but don’t see couple of hundred thousands of them right before our eyes. It makes no sense to remove Assad at this point.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
So you won't be signing up, then … ???
Tell me this. As an environmentalist that I am sure you are, do you put on your boots and go to superfund sites to personally clean up the environment? If I am for fighting crime, do I have to join the police department? How about fire? If I can't personally fight fires then I have to let fires burn everywhere?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Ironically, the anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant refugee xenophobes are on the side of ISIS, falling neatly into their trap ...
As much as you have tried to curry favor with Islam doesn’t seem like it has bought you anything. Look what happened in Paris. Those ISIS guys don’t need you to defend Islam. They know what it is and aren’t asking for clarifications.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:55 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
No, it's time to break out the nukes. Or at least just bomb the hell out of the entire country and Iraq/Iran/Pakistan/Afghanistan and the rest of that part of the world. Why do we even need to send our children into that cesspool and put them on the ground in harms way? Our military should be at home, protecting our country and we can use aircraft, guided missiles and drones to kill the rodents. We have the technology to target an individual person from a satellite in orbit and then use a drone to "evaporate" them. That's what we should be doing....every day and every night until they are all gone
"break out the nukes" have you lost your mind? Don't you realize that we are not the only ones in the world with 'nukes' and the likely outcome of that would be at a minimum nuclear involvement of Pakistan and Israel or even worse global annihilation if China or Russia got involved geezus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events