Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What country? Their own government is killing citizens with Sarin gas, how do you expect them to fight back against that? I don't think there's any doubt they are actually refugees, not pretend ones.
The Ghouta attack was done by the Al Nusra Front Al Qaeda rebels aided by Turkish intelligence. It was exposed in the Seymour Hersh article in the New Yorker. The chemicals came from a Turkish chemical company MKE. There were stockpiles of Sarin gas found across the border by Turkish police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:33 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not talking about Americans of Syrian ancestry. Those people are called (wait for it!) - AMERICANS.

I'm saying that it's pretty ironic and ridiculous to send Americans into combat situations in Syria when the world is being flooded by able bodied, healthy young men and women from that very same country who should be just as willing and able to learn the art of combat as Americans of the same age.
While there probably are some able-bodied men among the Syrian refugees. Looking at the pictures it seems they are the minority.

I suspect the majority of the able-bodied are staying in Syria to fight ISIS. I also am suspicious of able-bodied young men among the refugees. They should be in Syria defending their homes from ISIS>

Old 11-17-2015, 06:51 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Since you support Keith Ellison and even campaign for him, it is not surprising then that you likely coordinate online activities with the likes of CAIR! CAIR has supported Ellison (not to mention HAMAS)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsKr3KSgMo
*sigh*

Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
While there probably are some able-bodied men among the Syrian refugees. Looking at the pictures it seems they are the minority.

I suspect the majority of the able-bodied are staying in Syria to fight ISIS. I also am suspicious of able-bodied young men among the refugees. They should be in Syria defending their homes from ISIS>
The majority of refugees that make it to Europe are able bodied men. Camps in border countries on the other hand are largely populated by women and children.

Able bodied men are far better equipped to make that journey.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The majority of refugees that make it to Europe are able bodied men. Camps in border countries on the other hand are largely populated by women and children.

Able bodied men are far better equipped to make that journey.
They should reserve their energy - they need to sign up to be part of a military force defending their nation.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:13 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
If someone is going to go fight in Syria, let it be able bodied Syrians before Americans.
I didn't say Americans should fight in Syria. But don't lets pretend that Syrian refugees are just fleeing because ISIS has invaded. Their own government has been bombing the people for years. They can't join their own military, their own military is who they're fleeing from.

You called them "refugees". As if they really aren't.

Quote:
Amnesty International UK’s Syria Campaign Manager Kristyan Benedict told The Independent: “It’s absolutely no secret that the vast majority of civilian deaths in Syria have been at the hands of President Bashar al-Assad’s forces.

“Syrian government forces have launched indiscriminate attack after indiscriminate attack on the country’s beleaguered civilian population.

“Barrel bombings have become the most notorious of Assad’s forces’ tactics, but we mustn’t forget that countless people have also died at the hands of army snipers, through starvation in besieged areas, and at the hands of torturers in government detention centres.

“It’s important that ISIS’s many crimes are properly documented and the perpetrators brought to justice, but the far bigger killing machine in Syria is the one made in Damascus."
Syrian government forces responsible for more civilian deaths than Isis, human rights group claims | Middle East | News | The Independent

Old 11-17-2015, 07:15 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
They should reserve their energy - they need to sign up to be part of a military force defending their nation.
Defending their nation from who, how?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Defending their nation from who, how?
Really that is not our problem to solve, nor is it anyone's obligation to let them in and to give them free stuffs.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:19 AM

321 posts, read 419,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Since you support Keith Ellison and even campaign for him, it is not surprising then that you likely coordinate online activities with the likes of CAIR! CAIR has supported Ellison (not to mention HAMAS)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsKr3KSgMo

Old 11-17-2015, 07:19 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have heard of beer goggles. Now I believe there must be muslim goggle's. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events