Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:44 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
In way too many situations, the guy turns out to not even have a gun. The cops just panic and start shooting, from fear of an imaginary gun.
That is NOT the case in this situation. I will say this again, if you are pointing a gun at a police officer be prepared to shoot or get shot. This is really not that difficult to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 06:49 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Yeah, or people that play stupid games might think twice before pulling a weapon on an officer, but that would be personal responsibility, not something we do here in the US of A
Thank you! I was going to reply, but you saved me the trouble. I feel like we're living in an alternate universe where the good guys are bad guys, and the bad guys are heroes to people. Where 300-lb men can rush a cop after hitting him and people say it's wrong for the cop to shoot in self-defense because the man who was big enough to beat him to death was "unarmed." Where someone can refuse lawful police orders and the cop gets fired for doing his job and arresting her. Where a man can pull a gun on a cop delivering an eviction notice, and it's the cop's fault for shooting him.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
He had a gun. Gun grabbers don't side with people who have guns. That should be obvious, but it takes all kinds to have this kind of argument.
You protest being called a gun grabber with a bunch of hand-waving and then just a couple posts later talk about disarming all police and everyone else.

Thanks, that made me chuckle....

Old 01-14-2016, 08:07 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Are you saying you're less cowardly than I am? It's easy to talk like that on a forum when your name is budlight, and no telling what's inside. It should be obvious that what I'm talking about is what a cop should do, not what I should do. What I should do is not have a gun in the first place, and not get in that kind of confrontation. But this is about a cop, not about me. Which should be obvious, if this were a reasonable discussion.

We should only hire brave cops. Cops who aren't afraid to back away and get reinforcements when confronted with guns. If some of them die, that's one of the consequences of being a brave cop. The only kind of cop we should ever hire. Bulletproof vests, training to evade gunfights, etc., can help a lot, but we have to expect that when we hire people for confrontations, not all of them are going to survive those confrontations. They should get hazardous duty pay, and should be trained extensively for all kinds of confrontations and outcomes, not just sent out with a gun and instructions to pull the trigger in any situation that makes them feel panic.
That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I ever ever seen written on CD.

How about this: "if you point a gun at a cop, not all of you are going to survive those confrontations".

Old 01-14-2016, 08:33 AM

467 posts, read 1,045,074 times
Quote:
Are you saying you're less cowardly than I am? It's easy to talk like that on a forum when your name is budlight, and no telling what's inside. It should be obvious that what I'm talking about is what a cop should do, not what I should do. What I should do is not have a gun in the first place, and not get in that kind of confrontation. But this is about a cop, not about me. Which should be obvious, if this were a reasonable discussion.

We should only hire brave cops. Cops who aren't afraid to back away and get reinforcements when confronted with guns. If some of them die, that's one of the consequences of being a brave cop. The only kind of cop we should ever hire. Bulletproof vests, training to evade gunfights, etc., can help a lot, but we have to expect that when we hire people for confrontations, not all of them are going to survive those confrontations. They should get hazardous duty pay, and should be trained extensively for all kinds of confrontations and outcomes, not just sent out with a gun and instructions to pull the trigger in any situation that makes them feel panic.
Likewise, if some of them die, that's one of the consequences of being a dumb criminal. We have to expect when people choose a life of crime, not all of them are going to survive

Old 01-14-2016, 09:08 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Kill him or her, some people are born to goose step and wet their pants at uniforms, any uniforms worn by whatever unqualified jerks.

Losing a place to live in the middle of winter when you are 57 y.o., and selling your arse is tough, is stressful, it is double stressful when you have a young kid in your custody. The cop should have anticipated that a 57 y.o. would be stressed out just enough to do stupid things. Cops should anticipate and/or de-escalate mundane situations like these, but after reading CD forums most of them believe they are paid to kill/shoot at the slightest sign of trouble. Are you immune of stress and doing stupid things?
I can honestly say that yes, I would never be so stressed out that I would pull a gun on a delivery person. You do understand that is essentially the role of the constable in this case. He wasn't even there to arrest the loser. It also seems to me that the constable was anticipating the possibility as he was able to get a shot off before the idiot.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Typical white trash

Maybe if her dad had not been ARMED with a rifle and announced his daughter was in there it would of been safer..

Old 01-14-2016, 09:51 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Much better that the daughter is killed and guy with the gun loses his daughter than the constable is killed and his kids lose their dad.

For the people talking about the "heartlessness" of eviction, how many of you are out there paying someone else's rent for 6 months or more? Because that's exactly what the owners of these houses are doing.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:55 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Much better that the daughter is killed and guy with the gun loses his daughter than the constable is killed and his kids lose their dad.

For the people talking about the "heartlessness" of eviction, how many of you are out there paying someone else's rent for 6 months or more? Because that's exactly what the owners of these houses are doing.
Utter stupidity to suggest innocent daughter killed is much better.
Hell no.

Cops are there to protect innocent life by risking their life if needed.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:05 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Cops should wear bullet proof vests .
Don't they? In my town, most of them do. One actually unbuttoned his shirt to show it off to me. (WEIRD!) But they're very heavy, and in the hot 90+ degree summers, they're really a pain to wear. And maybe they don't make them available to constables. Though you'd think who's job it is to actually evict people from their homes might anticipate some serious resistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events