Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 07:38 AM

30,696 posts, read 18,337,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I wonder if we'll actually have an answer from a credible source (the woman herself, CVS, court records in the event that the ex-driver sues the woman, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 08:10 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,669,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, we had an Uber driver pick up other people after a party at a bar. I saw him zoom by us (based on the description of his car, was unusual color) but he didn't see me jumping up and down. Next thing I know I'm on the app trying to reach him, and I get "Rate your ride". They didn't go anywhere near the address I put in, so the driver should have known it was the wrong party as soon as they told him a different address. It took me 2 days to get the charge removed from my credit card. I gave him a poor rating but my friend who drives for them scolded me for that.
Your friend that drives for them is wrong. What is your friends reasoning behind saying you're wrong? You were right to give him a poor rating. The driver is a moron for not going back when they gave the driver a different address. He deserved the poor rating and more.

You requested the lift, you were left there and not only that, you were charged for someone else's ride which took you days to get removed. What would have happened if you didn't have money for another ride after being left by that driver? You would have been stranded.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:54 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,614,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Uber, Door Dash, Lift, etc... IMHO, are taking advantage of these drivers by labeling them as “independent sub-contractors.” These drivers work directly for them AND apparently, represents them in the eyes of the public. Also, by holding the drivers totally responsible for being a victim of theft is wrong... I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the first time this driver was scammed by “customers” and was simply tired of a victim of this petty crime, yet being fully responsible for any financial loses, do to theft.

I’m totally against this type of gaming the labor laws by any major corporation since they’re taking advantage of people in need of income.

Not too often that “I” agree with anything that California law makers do, but I think they’re on the right track by rightfully stating that these contracted drivers are in fact, employees of these companies.

I don’t have a dog in this fight since I don’t use any of these services, but, right is right and wrong is wrong.
if they wanted to be employees they'd get jobs like that. They like deciding from moment to moment whether to work or get in bed.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I haven't had to sign for anything in years, I think the last time was when I bought a laptop and FedEx delivered it. Most people couldn't get package deliveries before Covid if they had to sign because they have to work. Only Fedex required signatures but too they have scaled that back because of that reason, now it's only if the value is a certain amount.
grocery delivery they made you sign for so you couldn't say it was missing.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:46 AM

22,611 posts, read 19,315,977 times
CVS needs to fire their own employee.
bad publicity for CVS,
and if that employee is stealing from a delivery driver, then they are stealing from CVS also.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:53 PM

16,430 posts, read 12,568,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
"We're terminating you for misusing the refund request on an app that we have no connection with."

That'll go over like a f-rt in church.
NC is an at-will state. They don't have to give any reason for termination.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:22 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,906,667 times
Quote:
I haven't had to sign for anything in years, I think the last time was when I bought a laptop and FedEx delivered it. Most people couldn't get package deliveries before Covid if they had to sign because they have to work. Only Fedex required signatures but too they have scaled that back because of that reason, now it's only if the value is a certain amount.
Agree. Even pre-pandemic, I rarely ever had to sign for anything in the last few years. There are usually options where you can request a package must be signed for, but if you don't request it, most companies will drop off without requiring signature.

Old 12-20-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. Even pre-pandemic, I rarely ever had to sign for anything in the last few years. There are usually options where you can request a package must be signed for, but if you don't request it, most companies will drop off without requiring signature.
UPS drivers have to go through a lot more to do that job than being a dasher. They are trusted when they mark delivered.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:14 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,387,856 times
Default Well,........................CVS is the preferred shoplift store

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
That is crappy that she was trying to scam the driver..........If she is doing that stuff, wonder what she is pulling for scams at CVS.
That fifty million shoplift crew they just busted in the Bay area leads me to believe.................and CVS isn't unionized, either. My moms' RX, A CVS in El Monte, never has more than two people on at cashier or on th efloor (except for RX behind their counters) No wonder it's a shop lifters DREAM WORLD. on top of that, the cashier spends way too much time BS"ing with her friend buying while I'm the only one waiting. Doesn't appear to have ANY training program or oversight. Manager no where to be seen. Not surprised you'd get these employees pulling stuff like this.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:51 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,080,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
pre covid I had to sign for deliveries. The lack of signing for them is the issue.

I wonder how often UPS customers say things didn't arrive and ? I guess ups is more trusted when they say it was left on the porch.

Only at work for I ever sign for a package - UPS, FedEx, DHS.

At home, I have not signed for anything - UPS, FedEX, Amazon Prime - in the ten years I have lived at this house, cannot remember the last time before that. And in the last week alone, we received nearly 15 packages at home.

At least now, you can sign up for text alerts for all of them. Not the case nearly 40 years ago when a USP driver left $500 in Nikon equipment sitting on my parents porch in the rain and did not even ring the bell.

The text alerts have been solid and accurate for each of them, as least for us. Same with the USPS informed delivery app. I get an email message every morning of what is to be delivered to my house by USPS and 99 out of 100 it is that day. The other 1 out of 100 it shows up the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events