Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Sorry but your "argument" just smacks of racism/bigotry which I am pretty sure is against the forum's rules. It is similar to a white supremacist saying that "____________________" should only live here and not there.
(fill in ethnic group/race)
Because my college education exposed me extensively to the cognitive sciences, with these being sociology and psychology classes, I am probably less racist than you.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 AM

161 posts, read 305,493 times
Replying to the original post. This was a really big concern for us when we were making our decision to be here. I do not want to live in Mexico City. One of the most dangerous cities in the world. Unfortunately, crime and school statistics alone show us what is happening in Dallas. I am in the suburbs and feel safe here for now and overall the schools are ok. It is easy to stick our heads in the sand and ignore the problems. Or we can choose to be honest like the OP and realize the absolutely massive problems in this Country with Illegal Immigration. In time it WILL absolutely destroy us if we do not act on it. Speaking the truth does not make somone a racist, it seems to be a common tactic to used so that noone dares to speak about the real issues that we are facing.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:50 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
If the Canadians can do it, we can do it.
The Canadians do it because the French want to live in their own place. Mexicans want to live in DFW as much as they want to live in Houston.

It not happening. Deal with it.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 AM

216 posts, read 444,600 times
Quote:
I truly care about this nation's posteriety. This means that I am not an vain old man. I do have an agenda which you failed to mention. I have an agenda because our Declaration of Independence, our divorce decree from tyranny, and our U.S. Constitution, our new marriage to a more perfect government, do not translate from English into Spanish. Spanish is a language of, by, and for tyranny (developed and controlled by the state) while English is of, by, and for the people.
So, my plan is to isolate Spanish and English in Texas similarly to how French and English is isolated in Canada.
Right now, I'm just entertaining the idea of a mass migration to sort this all out.

Spanish is the language of tyranny? Remind me again, oh wise one, which tyrannical king we fought in the Revolutionary War and what language his land created and spoke? Tyranny is present everywhere in this world, even in this very United States to an extent, and it speaks many languages. Saying a language could "represent" tyranny is ridiculous. Language is just a means for communication. You can prefer English, I sure as hell do, but there's nothing wrong with people speaking their native tongues around other people who share the same language.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Lightbulb And Just For The Record...

Quote:
Well, you ain't gonna snatch this cookie! That is why we need to draw the line. On one side needs to be those folks who want to do away with all personal commitment, any kind of submissiveness to the rules, regulations, and the laws, and the nickles worth of effort it would take to pull up a pair of pants. You need to be made to suffer this travesty when it withers away and stinks to hog heaven, not me!
And you will.
Me?
I am a faithful man. I don't celebrate like a drunken fool every other day. Life is not a song. I like making others happy. My family is the valued customer. To have a rich society, we need and should demand great customer service! I obey the rules, regulations and the laws.
My pants are pulled up and fit snug with a belt.
A) Just how did this discussion veer from the topic (demograic appearance of Dallas vs Mexico City), to a declaration of your pants being pulled up, snug, and belted?

B) For the record, there are several people living in the US as we speak, who could give a flying fig about your pants

C) No matter how hard you try to gussy-up the issue with stream-of-consciousness dialogue, or offhanded hissy-fits, the fact remains...you don't get to tell anyone else what to do, where to live, how to live, and what language to speak, no matter how much it jerks your chain, or how many cookies you brag about not being snatched...

You're always telling folks about 'debating like a man'...well, quit hiding behind a veil of misplaced hate and act like one yourself...don't know if you've noticed or not, but just within this thread alone, there are several posters who have called bull**** on you and your so-called theories

Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
The Canadians do it because the French want to live in their own place. Mexicans want to live in DFW as much as they want to live in Houston.

It not happening. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it. See, I have an advantage over you. I don't think in terms of equality and right, but in terms of what it takes to make people happy. We are becoming a poor nation because of people like you. In your opinions, you don't express the self evident and unalienable truths. You don't even know what that is and how one can trace their origins all the way back to the American Enlightenment, the French Revolution, John Locke, during the time of Christ when He as the Almighty was blessing the nations, and even further back than that to the ancient Greek philosophers starting with Socrates.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 10-14-2010 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: tweaking

Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
Spanish is the language of tyranny? Remind me again, oh wise one, which tyrannical king we fought in the Revolutionary War and what language his land created and spoke? Tyranny is present everywhere in this world, even in this very United States to an extent, and it speaks many languages. Saying a language could "represent" tyranny is ridiculous. Language is just a means for communication. You can prefer English, I sure as hell do, but there's nothing wrong with people speaking their native tongues around other people who share the same language.
Tyranny taught the poor to use only five vowels when speaking Spanish. In English, there are at least twelve because no such control was ever exercized over our language.
Why? Well, as I already mentioned, during the Norman conquest, the royalty in England spoke French while the peasants continued speaking a Western Germanic language. After the Normans were forced out, the two languages melded together into English.
Tyranny is family. I once witnessed after they had an accident two Hispanic people not calling the police, but calling their families. The bigger family picked on the smaller one until the police finally arrived. Justice by the state is not valued in Mexico as much as vengence by the family. This festers gang activity.
The people in Mexico celebrate the tyranny they suffer. To increase the tyranny, the government just increases the number of holidays. See, that is the thing. There is a subtle difference between leisure and quality. In Mexico, as it is human nature, the ruling elite are into leisure. This requires quality of service only be performed for those few on top of society. Try telling a Hispanic person that their most important family member is the potential customer and they won't get it.
It is time that we cut off this flow of poison coming across the border from Mexico. There are other places in the world where people suffer far worse. In all of history and in all the world, no other people have suffered as much as the Slav (the origins of the word "Slave"). I think we should concentrate for a period of time on allowing only these people to migrate into our nation.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
A) Just how did this discussion veer from the topic (demograic appearance of Dallas vs Mexico City), to a declaration of your pants being pulled up, snug, and belted?

B) For the record, there are several people living in the US as we speak, who could give a flying fig about your pants

C) No matter how hard you try to gussy-up the issue with stream-of-consciousness dialogue, or offhanded hissy-fits, the fact remains...you don't get to tell anyone else what to do, where to live, how to live, and what language to speak, no matter how much it jerks your chain, or how many cookies you brag about not being snatched...

You're always telling folks about 'debating like a man'...well, quit hiding behind a veil of misplaced hate and act like one yourself...don't know if you've noticed or not, but just within this thread alone, there are several posters who have called bull**** on you and your so-called theories
As the law is blind to pain, the best the consensus can do is accept that fact -- Uncle Emanael Watkins.
That is what you are talking about, right? The consensus? According to the consensus in this forum, I have been deemed a racist.
The consensus also accepts a pimp's business as a cruel fact. Although this is the worst form of slavery happening right under our noses, we are powerless as a society to deal with it. Yet, we view our own ancestors as fools because they too were powerless to deal with it.
You might be, but I am not related to this history of idiots and fools. My Founding Fathers were superior to me. Yet, by imparting the love they had for me and adding that onto the inferiority I was born with, a love that they fought for, bled for, and died for, it then becomes possible for me to live superior to them.
This is lightning in a bottle that we are giving away. Save for God's mercy, most in the United States seem willing to kneel down and kiss the boots of tyranny.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:34 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,271,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinlp View Post
Replying to the original post. This was a really big concern for us when we were making our decision to be here. I do not want to live in Mexico City. One of the most dangerous cities in the world. Unfortunately, crime and school statistics alone show us what is happening in Dallas. I am in the suburbs and feel safe here for now and overall the schools are ok. It is easy to stick our heads in the sand and ignore the problems. Or we can choose to be honest like the OP and realize the absolutely massive problems in this Country with Illegal Immigration. In time it WILL absolutely destroy us if we do not act on it. Speaking the truth does not make somone a racist, it seems to be a common tactic to used so that noone dares to speak about the real issues that we are facing.
Your purported crime and school statistics don't show you what is happening in a city with the sprawl and size of Dallas. North Dallas (north of I-30, south of I-635) is as "diverse" as and "safe" as the suburbs.

People in the suburbs have an irrational fear of Dallas that has been fed to them by people -- mainly those who aren't from here. The locals know that the nicest and safest areas of town are within the City of Dallas. Once you realize that, you'll enjoy living here a lot more.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,740,726 times
Quote:
Because my college education exposed me extensively to the cognitive sciences, with these being sociology and psychology classes, I am probably less racist than you.
Newsflash, buddy you are not the only one with a college education.

And anyways your idea of segregating the population goes against the theory that the US is a melting pot. Which is ironically un-american to say the least since every citizen has the right to live where ever they want, speak whatever language they want, etc.

Oh and using Canada is a bad example as French Canadians and English Canadians can live where ever they want and choose which language their children can recieve an education in any province regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinlp View Post
Dallas is not even close to becoming like Mexico City as far as crime is concerned. I doubt you will have much to worry about if you live in a middle class or wealthy neighborhood. That said though the northern suburbs are diverse to say the least so if that is a problem I would look elsewhere, but if your main focus is low crime and good schools you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by diablo234; 10-14-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas