Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 PM

912 posts, read 1,888,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Newsflash, buddy you are not the only one with a college education.

And anyways your idea of segregating the population goes against the theory that the US is a melting pot. Which is ironically un-american to say the least since every citizen has the right to live where ever they want, speak whatever language they want, etc.

Oh and using Canada is a bad example as French Canadians and English Canadians can live where ever they want and choose which language their children can recieve an education in any province regardless.

Dallas is not even close to becoming like Mexico City as far as crime is concerned. I doubt you will have much to worry about if you live in a middle class or wealthy neighborhood. That said though the northern suburbs are diverse to say the least so if that is a problem I would look elsewhere, but if your main focus is low crime and good schools you have nothing to worry about.
\
Good. I finally found a buddy!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,274,061 times
What is this obsession with cookies?

Old 10-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
It is a reference to how Washington D.C. government is forcing those running Texas government to keep our legs spread opened for these criminals crossing over our border. I think our nation has lightning in a bottle and I for one appreciate that while the people invading our great nation don't. So, sorry, you ain't taking this cookie. I've got my pants pulled up and my belt tightened, thank you.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM

687 posts, read 1,578,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
As you can see, "cookie" refers to private areas. You will soon discover that you can't get too far into any topic with Mr. Nifty that the conversation doesn't turn to private parts, pimps, or prostitution--it is indeed strange. Especially given that virtually none of the people of whom Mr. Nifty likes to complain are actually coming from Mexico City and the issue really has no bearing on whether or not Dallas will ever be more like Mexico City.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
As you can see, "cookie" refers to private areas. You will soon discover that you can't get too far into any topic with Mr. Nifty that the conversation doesn't turn to private parts, pimps, or prostitution--it is indeed strange. Especially given that virtually none of the people of whom Mr. Nifty likes to complain are actually coming from Mexico City and the issue really has no bearing on whether or not Dallas will ever be more like Mexico City.
A line needs to be drawn. In the business of contracting prostitutes on both sides of the border, some call this pimping, the legal prostitutes will always be at a disadvantage because illegal prostitutes can be brought over the border at will. This lowers the wages of the legal prostitutes, the amount that they are allowed to keep after receiving severe beatings.
This is not strange at all as I think this has everything to do with pimping and whoring. You are the one asleep to this severe pain and suffering. Certainly, I don't like thinking this way. Sorry to dirty up the golden streets of your Utopia.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,740,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
A line needs to be drawn. In the business of contracting prostitutes on both sides of the border, some call this pimping, the legal prostitutes will always be at a disadvantage because illegal prostitutes can be brought over the border at will. This lowers the wages of the legal prostitutes, the amount that they are allowed to keep after receiving severe beatings.
This is not strange at all as I think this has everything to do with pimping and whoring. You are the one asleep to this severe pain and suffering. Certainly, I don't like thinking this way. Sorry to dirty up the golden streets of your Utopia.
What are you talking about?

There is no such thing as a legal prostitute as any form of prostitution is illegal in Texas and other 48 states.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:12 PM

I am speaking of contracting. The business of contracting out human flesh is supposed to be a necessary-evil for the good of the people, not vice versa. In other words, we aren't here to work for the sake of working. We are here to live as high quality of life as possible while doing as little work as possible. Just like marketing business executives do. Why do these important folks take as much as 3 months off a year to go on vacation? Well, it is because they work extremely hard. Now, take that, assemble it in China, seal it in a package that can't be opened no matter what, return it as defective, and then go live under a bridge.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times
Just for the record, MEXICO CITY is an awesome city! People should visit the city. It's very cosmopolitan and it has amazing walkable and beautiful neighborhoods everywhere. It also has great weather.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:18 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,419,357 times
Dallas is going to look more like Houston than Mexico City. Hispanics are a huge part of the future of both cities, however the Asian population of both cities is soaring as well as in Dallas India natives are soaring too. Mexico City is a high attitude city unlike Dallas. Parts of Mexico city are sitting on unstable soil much like parts of Houston where flooding is a high risk

The broad diversity of both Dallas and Houston are untold stories. Houston's is driven by oil to a degree as parts of the middle east and africa and russia can be found there due to oil and the large number of embassies or consulates in Houston.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:00 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,107,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Dallas is going to look more like Houston than Mexico City. Hispanics are a huge part of the future of both cities, however the Asian population of both cities is soaring as well as in Dallas India natives are soaring too. Mexico City is a high attitude city unlike Dallas. Parts of Mexico city are sitting on unstable soil much like parts of Houston where flooding is a high risk

The broad diversity of both Dallas and Houston are untold stories. Houston's is driven by oil to a degree as parts of the middle east and africa and russia can be found there due to oil and the large number of embassies or consulates in Houston.
Yes, like it or not, Houston is the best analogy for Dallas. The big difference, however, is that Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, and other non-whites are far more integrated in Houston than they are in Dallas, which is a shame, since Dallas is one of the most diverse cities in America on paper. Houston IS more diverse than Dallas, but one of the reasons it FEELS so much more diverse than Dallas is because so many different races, ethnicities, and cultures of people in Houston mix so much more freely and are represented more in the job place, in local government, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas