Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla Thorpe View Post
Have you rednecks forgotten that Texas was Mexico before it was America? This country STOLE that land from the Mexicans. Now you are complaining about them? Nothing like a little bigotry to go with your teaparty.
If you look at the postings, most people on here seem to have nice things to say about Mexico. Its only a couple that are being bigots.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:51 PM

216 posts, read 444,600 times
Quote:
Have you rednecks forgotten that Texas was Mexico before it was America? This country STOLE that land from the Mexicans. Now you are complaining about them? Nothing like a little bigotry to go with your teaparty.

While I'm certainly not against immigration from any place coming into Texas, you need to get your history straight. The United States didn't steal Texas from anybody. A failing Republic of Texas offered itself up for annexation to the United States.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 AM

532 posts, read 1,056,333 times
The Mexican government had inherited a European colonial holding that was gained through aggression against indigenous peoples. They had no morally legitimate right to it.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:36 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,584 times
Default One cannot have moral legitimacy in a kingdom of city states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
The Mexican government had inherited a European colonial holding that was gained through aggression against indigenous peoples. They had no morally legitimate right to it.
What does "morally legitimate" mean? Before the land was gained through agression against indigenous peoples, it was gained through agression against indigenous animals. Human beings are animals. This is a classic case of one animal victimizing another. The mammals have an unfair advantage over the other animals, especially the insects.
The human animals in Mexico suffer greatly because the Mexican government is a tyranny. It became a tyranny after Santa Anna abolished the Mexican congress and threw out the Mexican Constitution. How is this "morally legitimate?"
As the emperor owned all the land in his empire and the kings shared all the land with him in each kingdom within his empire, the people owned no property.
So, how is this "morally legitimate?"
"Moral legitimacy" differed in each empire and was determined by one man with this being the emperor ruling over that particular empire.
According to scripture, the ultimate authority ushered from the *Apostle Paul as the chosen vessel, to the emperors, to the kings, and so on.
As the emperors and kings rebelled against the authority of the Apostle Paul, their words no longer have any "moral legitimacy."
A new "moral legitimacy" has been established based on the Lord's New Covenant to "Love thy neighbor as thyself."
To learn about this new "moral legitimacy," read the New Testament.
*The blame for Christ's persecution wasn't placed upon emperor Pilate or king Herod as the Son of Man forgave all their sins. Christ did not ask either of them why they were persecuting Him. The ultimate blame was placed on Saul as the offender of the Holy Spirit which was an unforgiveable offense. Unlike Pilate or Herod, Christ did ask Saul why he was persecuating Him. As a result, Saul was put to death and transformed into the Apostle Paul. As God's chosen vessel, He was given ultimate authority over all emperors and kings.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Texas was not Mexico, doll. The reason the Anglos were invited to populate that area in the first place was because the Commanches owned Texas.
Of the three states at war for their independence from Mexico, Texas is the only one to succeed. Mexico was not Mexico during the time Texas became a free state but was the kingdom of Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.
Just because I don't sleep with everything and anything, and don't wear my pants down exposing how stupid my butt is doesn't make me a redneck.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
While I'm certainly not against immigration from any place coming into Texas, you need to get your history straight. The United States didn't steal Texas from anybody. A failing Republic of Texas offered itself up for annexation to the United States.
Excuse me, SloopJohn? What do you mean "a failing Republic of Texas?"
It was 250 Texas Rangers who knew how to win the war with Mexico, not the U.S. army. If we would have known that, then we might have decided to fight the war on our own.
Half of the United States owes its existence to the Texas Rangers, not the U.S. army. The military aristocracy trained in Westpoint stupidly put itself under seige and would have lost the war if it weren't for the inferior weapons used by Mexico and if the Texas Rangers had not decided to rejoin them in the fighting. After they did, the Rangers not only freed up the U.S. army, but led them to eventual victory.
I'm against allowing any Mexicans to come into the United States. Mexico is a good friend to tyranny and is the worst enemy of the American people.
I am not, nor will I ever be a Santa Anna boot kisser.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
If you look at the postings, most people on here seem to have nice things to say about Mexico. Its only a couple that are being bigots.
In literary history, the father up north is always respected while his children had to always ask if they could be excused from the dinner table; meanwhile, my silly pappa was depicted as a one toothed bigot. I can still remember how my brothers and sisters giggled at him as he would lean over to toot at the dinner table.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM

216 posts, read 444,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Excuse me, SloopJohn? What do you mean "a failing Republic of Texas?"
It was 250 Texas Rangers who knew how to win the war with Mexico, not the U.S. army. If we would have known that, then we might have decided to fight the war on our own.
Half of the United States owes its existence to the Texas Rangers, not the U.S. army. The military aristocracy trained in Westpoint stupidly put itself under seige and would have lost the war if it weren't for the inferior weapons used by Mexico and if the Texas Rangers had not decided to rejoin them in the fighting. After they did, the Rangers not only freed up the U.S. army, but led them to eventual victory.
I'm against allowing any Mexicans to come into the United States. Mexico is a good friend to tyranny and is the worst enemy of the American people.
I am not, nor will I ever be a Santa Anna boot kisser.
A "failing Republic" means that as a sovereign country, we repeatedly attempted negotiations to join the U.S. because of our monetary problems and problems we had defending our own borders against Mexico who continued to raid Texas after their surrender. How could the United States steal something from Mexico that didn't even belong to them?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Lightbulb Don't Waste Time Or Breath

Quote:
A "failing Republic" means that as a sovereign country, we repeatedly attempted negotiations to join the U.S. because of our monetary problems and problems we had defending our own borders against Mexico who continued to raid Texas after their surrender. How could the United States steal something from Mexico that didn't even belong to them?

SloopJohn, I will save you a lot of trouble, and also advise you to stock up on bandages and antiseptic, because what you'll be doing is the City-Data equivalent of say, repeatedly trying to bust through a brick wall using your head...

Because if you read the very last part of the post you responded to, therein lies the focal point, to him anyway, of this entire thread...

I'm sorry, but he and 500 of his closest friends don't have the stroke to be able to stand in the middle of the Rio Grande river, forming a human chain, with beer steins overflowing and singing 'Bum Bum Bum Bum---White Guys Uber Allllles, No To Mexicooooooo!!!!'

He, thank god, doesn't get to make that call, no matter how much whining and carping he does about 'Mexican Tyranny' and 'not licking Santa Ana's boots'...true, this is America, and being a citizen, does give him 1st Amendment rights to say what he says...but it also gives US the right to call bullpuckie on what he says too...

I'm sorry again, that the mere mention of Mexico City, or any of its citizens, in the same breath as Dallas, gives him the heebie-jeebies, but the notion of some 'whites in the North, Hispanics/Mexicans and everybody else wherever' type of Texas-utopia, is patently absurd, borderline delusional, and just plain old fashioned dumb...Texas is Texas, and neither he nor anyone else has the right to try and tell anyone else where and how they should live...unless he's the Almighty, walking amongst us rubes in some corporeal form, then maybe...but I seriously doubt that

Old 10-13-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Well, as it didn't belong to Mexico but the Commanches, and, like I said, as it all belonged to Santa Anna and not to Mexico. When that unmentionable son of a pregnant female dog abolished the Mexican Congress and threw out the Mexican Constitution, that nation no longer existed. As it stands, because that miserable tyrant was defeated, Emily Morgan was raised to the stature of "The Yellow Rose of Texas." If Texas had of been defeated, she would have remained condemned in history as one made to serve as that tyrant's prostitute.
Go ahead, kneel down and kiss a pair of Santa Anna's boots while your at it.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 10-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: tweaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas