Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 AM

104 posts, read 250,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
No, not a God, just a man who did as best as he could. No more, no less. At least he never embarrassed us like the present one in office has so often.
Now That's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 AM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I think he's an idiot personally. The last guy from Texas that got into the White House ruined the United States. Now he lives in Dallas and people treat him like some kind of god?

Rick Perry isn't intelligent enough to run the United States, hell he can't even keep the illegals out of Texas!
Ruined the United States?

Vis a vis the topic of this thread it's funny how Perry and Bush are idiots and not fit for office. However, the confirmed plagiarizer Biden is good to go. And then our President, who will take a much needed ten day vacation soon, is good to go giving the Queen of England an loaded iPod as a gift and not releasing his transcripts at all. If Bush had given the Queen and iPod the press would still be talking about the humiliation.
It's ironic and sadly funny that the Ds and Rs are held to very different standards.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
Now That's funny!
So are you one record that Obama has been a better president than Bush?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 AM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
So are you one record that Obama has been a better president than Bush?
I would say yes, but that isn't saying much. I would take an inability to get things done over a never ending series of terrible decisions.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 AM

104 posts, read 250,731 times
Quote:
Ruined the United States?

Vis a vis the topic of this thread it's funny how Perry and Bush are idiots and not fit for office. However, the confirmed plagiarizer Biden is good to go. And then our President, who will take a much needed ten day vacation soon, is good to go giving the Queen of England an loaded iPod as a gift and not releasing his transcripts at all. If Bush had given the Queen and iPod the press would still be talking about the humiliation.
It's ironic and sadly funny that the Ds and Rs are held to very different standards.
I was going to say Yes because Bush took us into the quagmire known as Iraq which cost Billions of dollars and many lives, and Obama inherited a huge mess where most economists agree we were heading toward a depression and although the stimulus wasn't enough, it prevented things from getting worse. I was going to say those things until you brought up the Ipod, taking the Ipod into consideration I now have to agree with you, I mean how dare he give the queen an Ipod.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityconvo View Post
I would say yes, but that isn't saying much. I would take an inability to get things done over a never ending series of terrible decisions.

How about this list of Obama fails:

1. I will not allow earmarks in the stimulus - there are almost 10,000
2. All troops will be out of Iraq in 16 mos. - fail
3. I will eliminate captial gains taxes (for most) - fail
4. Close Gitmo - fail
5. Won't hire lobbyists - total fail
6. I will be non-partisan - he's likely the most partisan prez. in recent history
7. I will put proposed legistaion on the internet for a 5 day viewing period - fail
8. The best, I will cut the deficit in half - there isn't a font big enough to be appropriate for this fail!

There are lists of Obama lies, 1/2 truthes, misdirections and broken promises on the net that are pages long.

Bush is history. We have Obama. The bottom line is he has about 1 chance in 10 of re-election and I think that is a good thing.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
I was going to say Yes because Bush took us into the quagmire known as Iraq which cost Billions of dollars and many lives, and Obama inherited a huge mess where most economists agree we were heading toward a depression and although the stimulus wasn't enough, it prevented things from getting worse. I was going to say those things until you brought up the Ipod, taking the Ipod into consideration I now have to agree with you, I mean how dare he give the queen an Ipod.

Giving the Queen an iPod showed a sickening lack of decorum and tact. It was embarrasing.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM

325 posts, read 757,098 times
Quote:
Giving the Queen an iPod showed a sickening lack of decorum and tact. It was embarrasing.
Could have been worse. At least he didn't hurl in her lap at a formal dinner

(although that's an easy one to forgive, especially given what was likely being served at a Japanese formal dinner...)

Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 AM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
Quote:
How about this list of Obama fails:

1. I will not allow earmarks in the stimulus - there are almost 10,000
2. All troops will be out of Iraq in 16 mos. - fail
3. I will eliminate captial gains taxes (for most) - fail
4. Close Gitmo - fail
5. Won't hire lobbyists - total fail
6. I will be non-partisan - he's likely the most partisan prez. in recent history
7. I will put proposed legistaion on the internet for a 5 day viewing period - fail
8. The best, I will cut the deficit in half - there isn't a font big enough to be appropriate for this fail!

There are lists of Obama lies, 1/2 truthes, misdirections and broken promises on the net that are pages long.

Bush is history. We have Obama. The bottom line is he has about 1 chance in 10 of re-election and I think that is a good thing.
I agree. But again these are issues that are more concerned with failure to deliver and inability to lead versus poor decision making which is the point I was making. By and large I was on board with most of Obama's campaign ideas and promises. However, I am considerably disappointed with his inability to deliver.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityconvo View Post
I agree. But again these are issues that are more concerned with failure to deliver and inability to lead versus poor decision making which is the point I was making. By and large I was on board with most of Obama's campaign ideas and promises. However, I am considerably disappointed with his inability to deliver.

Did you honestly think he would close Gitmo and withdraw troops in 16 months, cut the deficit by 50% while trying to socialize medical care? Those and a number of other Obama promises were simply never going to happen. They fall into the pre-electcion bed time stories for leftists column.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: