Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 10:29 AM

669 posts, read 1,612,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
You still don't know what comparable means. These great homes you are talking about that are in the $300,000 are town homes not detached single family homes. The comparable homes are the ones in from $900,000 to 1.4 million. These are the homes that compare with the $300,000 to $400,000 homes in the DFW area with the exception that the lots are still smaller in CA.

Geeez... let me see if I can clear this one up.....
NO and NO! There are 350k homes not attached and w/ 2 car garages throughout riverside/San Bernaro counties. Look for yourself, they're there
Here is one: Lake Elsinore, CA 4/3 2,285 6,969 Sq. Ft. $329,000
Lake Elsinore, CA 4/3 2,344 5,500 Sq. Ft. $235,000
Lake Elsinore, CA 4/3 2,344 5,500 Sq. Ft. $236,000

These locations 40 miles to disneyland - I think that qualifies as LA?
I hope that qualifies as comparable
set them up and I"ll glady knock em down for u...

I think you just are enamored with your written words because the fact seem to elude you time and time again. Why don't you try being a little honest with your posts. Before you reply look up honest and comparable first.
I think my honesty just prevailed

Last edited by DWong; 05-30-2008 at 10:48 AM..

Old 05-30-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Yeah it is kind of a waste of time.
I think I just proved my point a w/ the above post

Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Newbie - I'm sure your wife like mine falls in the above beautiful women category..... so the correct answer is "Absolutely!"
Well my wife being born and raise in TX I can't agree more. CA women are far too image conscious (i'm sure they're places in DFW like that too) but not to this extent. Then not to mention they run way to thin here...

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
It is about people leaving their state for another not growth. A child born in CA does not have the choice to leave for a better place. The couple having that child do and they are the ones leaving CA for a better life.

Agree. It is more families moving from here than anything else. Check the census numbers our below 18 age is dwlinding faster than our home prices. Outside of immigrant children, it's rare to see families here anymore. It's becoming more and more like SF or NY. Kid - unfriendly.

There are less people leaving their state for CA than people leaving CA for another state. It is simple math and the statistics show that more people are choosing to leave CA than there are people choosing to come to CA.
Well, our population is ever growing and retiring in CA is only for the wealthy (SSI in CA will you're well below poverty) so they are probably leaving. Live here long enough and I have the adult population isn't from here. At my place of work and friends, 25% are native Californians... go figure....

Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Thread question answered ~ thanks!
So what's your response and thoughts Charles....

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,067,546 times
DWong, you're trying to make a point about comparables by citing houses in Lake Elsinore? That bullbleep. The driving distance between Lake Elsinore and, say, Century City on Wilshire is 80 miles... probably a good 2 hours on the freeways.

So the population of SoCal is growing? Sure, with a lot of small children and infants that have no choice. People who do have a choice get the heck out.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:20 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
I think I just proved my point a w/ the above post
No you did not prove any point but you obviously don't see that. You previously provided links to new attached town homes that were in the $300,000 to $400,000 range. The homes that were comparable and that you posted were in the $900,000 to 1.4 million dollar range. By doing that you proved our point not yours. The town homes are what you called comparable to the same houses in TX for $200,000 but the detached TX homes have bigger lots and real yards.

You then put up 3 examples that don't even have a link to go to. But even if you were capable in providing a link they are still not comparable by any means. If you would care to provide the link I will be happy to shoot it down. You see I am bored today and proving you wrong is entertaining of a boring day. One more point. I know Lake Elsinore it is not exactly where most CA want to live though, I don't know anyone that would want an hour plus commute for employment either. That would probably be the minimum commute.

You seem of some intelligence so I can only surmise that you like to argue even when you have no evidence to argue with.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
DWong, you're trying to make a point about comparables by citing houses in Lake Elsinore? That bullbleep. The driving distance between Lake Elsinore and, say, Century City on Wilshire is 80 miles... probably a good 2 hours on the freeways.

So the population of SoCal is growing? Sure, with a lot of small children and infants that have no choice. People who do have a choice get the heck out.
Well Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Clairmont, Glendora all have similar prices and are 45 miles to Downtown LA. Traffic, well that is their problem

Again, I'll emphasize our largest growing population are adults generally 25 and older and immigrant population. We unlike TX are NOT the family friendly for the family w/ 2 or more kids. Whose moving to Tx... families bringing in 4 or more at a time... hey- if I was in the same boat it would more to consider...

Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No you did not prove any point but you obviously don't see that. You previously provided links to new attached town homes that were in the $300,000 to $400,000 range. The homes that were comparable and that you posted were in the $900,000 to 1.4 million dollar range. By doing that you proved our point not yours. The town homes are what you called comparable to the same houses in TX for $200,000 but the detached TX homes have bigger lots and real yards.

You then put up 3 examples that don't even have a link to go to. But even if you were capable in providing a link they are still not comparable by any means. If you would care to provide the link I will be happy to shoot it down. You see I am bored today and proving you wrong is entertaining of a boring day. One more point. I know Lake Elsinore it is not exactly where most CA want to live though, I don't know anyone that would want an hour plus commute for employment either. That would probably be the minimum commute.

You seem of some intelligence so I can only surmise that you like to argue even when you have no evidence to argue with.
Ask and u shall recieve.... go to ziprealty.com or zillow.com
Set em up and I"ll show the light...
Commuting an hour.. well it all depends on where you work... again, you would know that before moving there
Those are not townhouse for one and 2 real yards eh? Well ask anyone in NY, Chi or SF the last time they saw ANY yard. What's the purpose of a large yard anyways, here in CA we have so much more to do we could care less for a large yard. It takes alot of time, energy and money to fix a larger yard and make it look nice - here we have better thigns to do. It's a difference in culture here. My relatives in TX, their yards are their hobby. People in CA, let the HOA worry bout it- I've got other things to do! People who have larger estates here, don't even do their own yard. Sure it looks nice, but so does a small well put together yard. As long as my neighbor cant hear my TV, it's all good to me

Last edited by DWong; 05-30-2008 at 12:35 PM..

Old 05-30-2008, 12:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
Ask and u shall recieve.... go to ziprealty.com or zillow.com
Set em up and I"ll show the light...
Commuting an hour.. well it all depends on where you work... again, you would know that before moving there
Why would I do your work? Like I said before sit em up and I'll knock em down. Better hurry though after my six month vacation I will be going back to work soon. Thank you Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas