Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 AM

144 posts, read 361,092 times

Advertisements

Spring Arbor is adding to there line of homes and currently building the Americana Series Carriage homes. The Corbit is and interior home, $219,990, Everett, End home, $229,990 and Dupont, End home, $239,990. Only the foundations are laid at this point. They are being built on Slabs only. I like the price of them, but not sure about the slab versus crawlspace decision. I am looking forward to seeing the 3 models when they are completed, which will be around October. The sq. footage is Corbit, 1199, Everett, 1414, Dupont, 1593.

They also have the Americana Series Ranch Homes, which can be built on a crawlspace or basement. The Savannah cost $289,,990 and the Charleston, is $279,990. They are not attached like the carriage homes above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 10:20 AM

53 posts, read 117,184 times
Goin'2DE
The article re Ryan homes was very interesting. Which homes in DE currently under constructioin are theirs. Do you know what other names they go under.
Kathy

Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM

53 posts, read 117,184 times
Goin'2DE
Sorry. I should have taken the time to check on my own. Found the Legacy homes.
Kathy

Old 07-20-2010, 03:56 PM

560 posts, read 916,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Spring Arbor is adding to there line of homes and currently building the Americana Series Carriage homes. The Corbit is and interior home, $219,990, Everett, End home, $229,990 and Dupont, End home, $239,990. Only the foundations are laid at this point. They are being built on Slabs only. I like the price of them, but not sure about the slab versus crawlspace decision. I am looking forward to seeing the 3 models when they are completed, which will be around October. The sq. footage is Corbit, 1199, Everett, 1414, Dupont, 1593.

They also have the Americana Series Ranch Homes, which can be built on a crawlspace or basement. The Savannah cost $289,,990 and the Charleston, is $279,990. They are not attached like the carriage homes above.
Spring Arbor is a twin of Champion's Club by the same developer McKee Builders. The classic homes (although different in name A-B-C) are identical to the A-B-C homes at CC but cost considerably more. They are very, very nice.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,829 times
Hello folks

I happen to live in Legacy, and will openly admit that the Ryan/Capano duo makes for a rather strange combo. The thing that bothers me most about the conversations here in this thread is the belief that builders like McKee are any different. I contest that they use the same materials, the same Hispanic labor, and will end up with the same 50 year lifespan homes. Really, I could be wrong, and here's hoping I am for everyone out there, but it only makes sense to me.

BTW, we bought here mostly because we could get 600 sq. feet more single family home for less money than the carrage homes at Spring Arbor. The amminities meant little to me as I'm still working.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 PM

15 posts, read 31,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
These three communities are NOT 55+ communities. Maybe you meant Legacy at Odessa National? Then only two of your three communities would be incorrect. The inaccuracy of your facts continues to be problematic.

You made earlier reference to smoke and mirrors. Perhaps you might consider putting away your mirrors and clearing out your smoke so you can contribute here in a more helpful manner, unless there is a different agenda at work.

Maybe you should share what that experience has been to better help us better understand your contributions to this 55+ thread.

Come on Charley, you know what I meant. Get real. You asked for communities and I gave them to you.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 PM

15 posts, read 31,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
OK NJtoDE...you are partially correct on this one...as Charley stated, [Legacy at] Odessa National is the only 55+ community on your list. But there is also a point that you neglected to mention; a point that all potential homebuyers should never overlook. RESEARCH your builder's reputation! The aforementioned communities are all from the same company (sometimes listed under a different name).

"Ryan Homes" has been involved (and is still involved) in several Delaware lawsuits over shoddy construction, lending scams, failure to deliver promised ammenities, and the list goes on. I found several references online to these problems last fall as my hubby and I were in the process of making our home-purchase decision. The red flags were there .

The lesson here is obvious. Just as most thinking adults would be wary of buying a designer watch or a pair of sneakers from a man selling them from the trunk of his car, we should all be wary of promises that seem too good to be true when making the investment in a new home. I am posting one link here and, if it is not deleted by the forum moderator, all here should read it and gasp at the photos as I did the first time I saw them .
Ryan Homes Defects and Consumer Warnings

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Goin2De,

Your true colors are coming through. Your so quick to throw a company under the bus because of some headline that you googled on the internet. You didn't like when I said J.S will go bankrupt in Roesville - they should have learned from NVR's mistakes of buying raw land and developing it instead of doing takedowns or buying finished lots. If I were you, I would relax on bashing Ryan Homes because I would not be surprised if you see them in Roesville taking down finished lots from the Bank that J.S defaulted on.

You can't handle anyone critizing your decisions but you are so quick to offer your opinion on others.

I am not here to join your bandwagon of C.C and Roesville. It is odd that you talk about 'promises' in reference to 'Ryan Homes' eventhough you bought in a community that has 20-25 settlements in 2-3 yrs and promises of an indoor/outdoor pool a 10,000 sq ft clubhouse and all this other good stuff for 110/month. Are you serious?

It doesn't make sense. Its ok for where you bought but no ok for where other people bought. I am not a Ryan Home fan, but your comments require a response.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 PM

144 posts, read 361,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Spring Arbor is a twin of Champion's Club by the same developer McKee Builders. The classic homes (although different in name A-B-C) are identical to the A-B-C homes at CC but cost considerably more. They are very, very nice.
The Americana Series Carriage homes are not being built at CC, they are being built at Spring Arbor, also CC is not building any carriages homes, but they are building Americana ranch homes, called the Austin, Charleston and Savannah.

Spring Arbor is discontinuing the Classic Carriage Homes. They are also building The Americana Series Ranch Homes, Charleston and Savannah.

CC and Spring Arbor classic Ranch homes series are the same with different names.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJtoDE View Post
Come on Charley, you know what I meant. Get real. You asked for communities and I gave them to you.
No - go back and read what I said. I said "55+ communities". That is what this thread is about. Here is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Please tell us which 55+ communities in Delaware have chains on the doors OR communities where the builder has bailed on a community where the clubhouse is in.
I also asked you to tell us more about your alledged experience, which you have failed to do. Given your lack of response, your inaccuracies, your misleading information (intentional or not) and your general approach to the participants of this thread, I'd say the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:38 AM

560 posts, read 916,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJtoDE View Post
Goin2De,

Your true colors are coming through. Your so quick to throw a company under the bus because of some headline that you googled on the internet. You didn't like when I said J.S will go bankrupt in Roesville - they should have learned from NVR's mistakes of buying raw land and developing it instead of doing takedowns or buying finished lots. If I were you, I would relax on bashing Ryan Homes because I would not be surprised if you see them in Roesville taking down finished lots from the Bank that J.S defaulted on.

You can't handle anyone critizing your decisions but you are so quick to offer your opinion on others.

I am not here to join your bandwagon of C.C and Roesville. It is odd that you talk about 'promises' in reference to 'Ryan Homes' eventhough you bought in a community that has 20-25 settlements in 2-3 yrs and promises of an indoor/outdoor pool a 10,000 sq ft clubhouse and all this other good stuff for 110/month. Are you serious?

It doesn't make sense. Its ok for where you bought but no ok for where other people bought. I am not a Ryan Home fan, but your comments require a response.
For those who cannot see my "true colors" they are pink and white, and red, white, and blue.

Yes, I "googled" the info I found about Ryan. I thought it was worth sharing because someone else brought up the topic of failure and shoddy workmanship. I just think it's important to cite references when posting something important.

Yes, we're "serious". We like everything about Roesville. We'll only be paying $83/month until the clubhouse is completed. Meanwhile, I'll just play lots of golf, do some bike riding, socialize with our new neighbors, and hubby will enjoy fishing in the ponds. We expect to do some travelling as well.

There are only about 20 homes sold/occupied in the 1 1/2 years since start up. Yep, our purchase makes "sense" to us and we certainly hope everyone here finds their happy place, too.

Now would be a good time for you to respond to questions about your experience and expertise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware