Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times

Advertisements

[
EM, you are exactly correct. We've never lived in a "clubhouse" community, yet we always find something to do. We love the beach, fishing, hiking, biking, golf, etc. A clubhouse will be a nice addition to our lives for socializing, but for now we can do without.
Everyone in this forum seems to have a general idea as to what they are looking for in retirement and I am confident all will find their dream homes. I hope someone here chooses Roesville, too...ya'll are good people and I feel like we are already neighbors.

We received a photo of our new foundation/slab. The construction equipment makes for a nice background. Next door neighbor's home is underway now, too. The street is ready and the curbs were poured Monday. Also, the cornfield in our backyard looks great...but it's not the eating kind. We'll have an unobstructed view of the sunrise from the screened porch, and nice dark skies for stargazing. Life is good
Carpe diem all.[/quote]

Hi Going......Different strokes for different folks. I have not met many that regret their decsions.
A few moved out but that was for different reasons. On man.....moves every 2 or 3 years. Sounds like a nightmare But that is what he does and his business.

some dont' want land lease, some do,
Some want stick and brick and another may want manufactued
Some are active and some aren't.
Regardless we all the right to live our lives as we wish as long as we don't hurt anyone.
Some don't want us to move to DE but that too bad.
So carpe diem (smile)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM

6 posts, read 12,386 times
Elizamary and Charley, I did what you suggested and read a lot of these comments. I am not so interested in Heritage Shores after reading the research many of you have done. We did also look at CC and met a very nice couple who were oh so happy to have moved there. I guess we still have a long way to go in our search. Could you please elaborate on how I can find Roseville? Elizamary you are one sweet, positive lady and Charley, wow the research you have done (impressed). Charley have you and your wife decided on a community yet?
Talk soon,
Donna from Northern NJ

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mema45 View Post
Elizamary and Charley, I did what you suggested and read a lot of these comments. I am not so interested in Heritage Shores after reading the research many of you have done. We did also look at CC and met a very nice couple who were oh so happy to have moved there. I guess we still have a long way to go in our search. Could you please elaborate on how I can find Roseville? Elizamary you are one sweet, positive lady and Charley, wow the research you have done (impressed). Charley have you and your wife decided on a community yet?
Talk soon,
Donna from Northern NJ
Hi Donna,

My wife and I have decided that Champions Club is the clear choice for us. The homes are beautiful, the builder has an excellent reputation, the clubhouse and pool are already built, and the folks moving there are wonderful. I've met several already (in real life) and look forward to many happy years of friendship with them.

The HOA fee at Champions Club includes an external maintenance plan that includes many items around the exterior of the house, including painting the few painted areas of the home, sealing the driveway, roof repair and cleaning out the gutters. It will be wonderful never having to climb a ladder outside the house again.

Where in northern Jersey are you? I'm just north of northern Jersey in Rockland.

Charley

Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,419,499 times
Default Link to Roesville

Roesville - New Jersey (NJ) New Home Builder - Homes for Sale, New Construction in N.J. - J.S. Hovnanian & Sons New Jersey New Home Builders

Giving directions isnt my strong suit but Im sure you'll be able to find it, it's about 10 min. from CC. Lovely homes but a bit in more of a remote area and no clubhouse (yet). Worth looking into though.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM

75 posts, read 139,953 times
Hello everyone,

Thanks to Mary2014 I’m almost set (just waiting for conformation) for a trip out to Delaware for the week of September 18 – 25. I’ll be checking out some of the 55+ communities, condos and other communities. I can’t believe I haven’t yet received a brochure packet from Roesville. I’ll give it another day before I send out a reminder. I should also be getting a packet from Vineyards at Nassau Valley any day now.

So Charlie, it seems you’re definitely set on CC, how much longer before your wife is ready to make the move?

Goin’2DE, I did a Google Map search on Roesville and zoomed in real close and then went street level and the first thing I saw was the corn field. Too bad it’s not edible…I love whole corn. If I were there they just might have had a mysterious rash of crop circles.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
So Charlie, it seems you’re definitely set on CC, how much longer before your wife is ready to make the move?
Absolutely. As has been said to Regis many times, that's my final answer. My wife retires in June 2012 and we'll be ready to go the next day if we can!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 PM

6 posts, read 12,386 times
We live in beautiful Sussex County,NJ. I have lived here all my life. My husband and I have lived in our current home for 38 yrs. We would love to retire in De but however have a lot of jitters on relocating and finding just the right neighborhood. I am sure you and all the others have felt the same.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
We live in beautiful Sussex County,NJ. I have lived here all my life. My husband and I have lived in our current home for 38 yrs. We would love to retire in De but however have a lot of jitters on relocating and finding just the right neighborhood. I am sure you and all the others have felt the same.
Absolutely. Those are normal feelings.

There are many here who have already made the move and hopefully will show you that they too went through lots of jitters making the decision, choosing the community, timing the sale of one house with the purchase of the next, etc. But they all did it and I'll bet there isn't one participant here who would say they were sorry they did.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:55 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
Quote:
Talk soon,
Donna from Northern NJ
Thank you so much mema for your kind words

There should be a listing of all 55+ communities in DE. We checked them all on line and narrowed down by the price we could afford.....
Made a list then visited over a period of 2 years.
Of course that was back in 2006 and 7 so there are many more communities sprung up since we first looked.

One lady loved nobles pond
Some love CC
And some love Roesville
And of course......I love Southern Meadows but then again....I'm prejudice.

here is a complete listing all over DE. Well as far as I know it is the updated one?
55+ Active Adult, Age Restricted & Active Lifestyle Communities DE Delaware

Got to ask yourself do you want rural, seaside or are you leaning more to a built up area such as middletown, new castle or newark.

We love Magnolia in Kent county. Very rural and a half hour from the beach. Perfect for us.
Coming from a congested city, we think we died and went to heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks to Mary2014 I’m almost set (just waiting for conformation) for a trip out to Delaware for the week of September 18 – 25. I’ll be checking out some of the 55+ communities, condos and other communities. I can’t believe I haven’t yet received a brochure packet from Roesville. I’ll give it another day before I send out a reminder. I should also be getting a packet from Vineyards at Nassau Valley any day now.

Goin’2DE, I did a Google Map search on Roesville and zoomed in real close and then went street level and the first thing I saw was the corn field. Too bad it’s not edible…I love whole corn. If I were there they just might have had a mysterious rash of crop circles.
NY2DE.....have you seen the listing for 55+ communities.

For Roesville. Take 15 south to Roesville road then hang a left. Go about a 1/2 mile or 1/4 and it's on the left.
Very easy.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM

75 posts, read 139,953 times
Hi Elizamary,

Quote:
NY2DE.....have you seen the listing for 55+ communities.
Yes EM, I've been pouring over them for about 3 weeks now. I just want to be able to spread all the floor plans on the table and see which would better fit my needs. It beats using the dart system. And then when I go on my trip in September I would know which ones I would like to zero in on first. Thanks mainly to the information from this site I already have the brochure packets from Spring Arbor, Noble's Pond, Southern Meadows and Champion's Club. Hey, but thanks for the directions they'll come in handy when I go there in September.

Lol...Charlie, it sounds like you will not be shaken from that tree, well CC sounds like an excellent choice.

One question for everyone, I understand that visiting the home models requires an appointment, how much time is usually needed to make an arrangement to view the models in these communities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware