Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 02:40 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
Spring Arbor, Noble's Pond, Southern Meadows and Champion's Club.

One question for everyone, I understand that visiting the home models requires an appointment, how much time is usually needed to make an arrangement to view the models in these communities?
All four of those communities have some very nice attributes. I almost chose Noble's Pond but just could not get comfortable with the idea of land lease.

I've seen probably 20 different 55+ communities and though I did email some of them beforehand to let them know I was coming, I only made one actual appointment. That was for Independence - and when I got there, the sales office was closed because they were having some kind of a party. Never heard from them again.

It is good to call ahead to make sure the salesperson will be there. In each of the communities, the sales people have some days off during the week because they work the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM

75 posts, read 140,038 times
Charlie:

Quote:
I only made one actual appointment. That was for Independence - and when I got there, the sales office was closed because they were having some kind of a party. Never heard from them again.
Yes, I certainly recall reading that post…how annoying, frustrating and inconsiderate of them. I certainly wouldn’t want that to happen to me. Do you think maybe a two day email or call beforehand should be sufficient time to alert them of my impending visit?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Charlie:

Yes, I certainly recall reading that post…how annoying, frustrating and inconsiderate of them. I certainly wouldn’t want that to happen to me. Do you think maybe a two day email or call beforehand should be sufficient time to alert them of my impending visit?
I think a phone call two days before is certainly ample time and a courteous thing to do. It will also help you. If you planned to go to a particular community on a Wednesday and the salesperson is off that day, it is good to know that in advance.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Hi Elizamary,

Yes EM, I've been pouring over them for about 3 weeks now. I just want to be able to spread all the floor plans on the table and see which would better fit my needs. It beats using the dart system. And then when I go on my trip in September I would know which ones I would like to zero in on first. Thanks mainly to the information from this site I already have the brochure packets from Spring Arbor, Noble's Pond, Southern Meadows and Champion's Club. Hey, but thanks for the directions they'll come in handy when I go there in September.

Lol...Charlie, it sounds like you will not be shaken from that tree, well CC sounds like an excellent choice.

One question for everyone, I understand that visiting the home models requires an appointment, how much time is usually needed to make an arrangement to view the models in these communities?
Don't plan on seeing a bunch of communities in one day. Takes a few hours or so getting there, touring the community, checking out the models and asking questions from a list you should have with you.

Maybe 2 a day.

That was our experience anyways.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
oh and we never made any appointments. Just walk in. When they see you, believe me they will drop everything and treat you like the most important person in the world. LOL
All of them want the sales.
Of course, it is up to you and what you want and need

Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 PM

560 posts, read 916,187 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,
Quote:
Goin’2DE, I did a Google Map search on Roesville and zoomed in real close and then went street level and the first thing I saw was the corn field. Too bad it’s not edible…I love whole corn. If I were there they just might have had a mysterious rash of crop circles.

The Google satelite map is a few years old, so I'm sure you were disappointed when you saw nothing!
I believe the corn being grown is the kind for cattle feed and high fructose corn syrup...yuk. I'll be on the lookout for the "crop circles", also will be watching for Shoeless Joe and his teammates!!
Too bad they're not growing limas, eh?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:54 PM

560 posts, read 916,187 times
Quote:

Our visits to Delaware were planned more around the weather and we didn't make appointments until we were ready to actually sign a contract. All of the sales people were accommodating and willing to spend as much time as we needed. Generally speaking, you should just check in at the sales office and will then be free to roam about the models (without anyone following you) and you can take all the time you need. Look first, then ask questions. You do need to understand that the models will contain lots of "extras", so be sure to ask about the standards included in the base price. We discovered that most things known as "luxury" or "special" generally increase the price of the home, but not necessarily the value.

As far as choosing which places to visit, we were able to eliminate some by just browsing their websites...and most are comprehensive enough to cover the important stuff. We narrowed our search to 3 choices the first time we visited and managed to see all 3 in one day with a lunch break...also drove thru a couple others without stopping because we didn't like the area or potential traffic congestion. We started at the one that was farthest from home and worked our way back. The second time we went to Delaware we only visited Champion's Club and Roesville...these 2 communities were so nice that we quickly ruled out the other 3.

Most on this forum already know that we have chosen Roesville. It was somewhat difficult to chose between R and CC, but we've made the choice that is right for us. We were treated with the appropriate professional courtesy at all the places we visited and each agent took the time to answer our questions.

P.S. One thing about Roesville that might be helpful, the sales agent (Tammy) is off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Last edited by Goin'2DE; 07-28-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 09:58 AM

75 posts, read 140,038 times
EM yes, I realize that there is but so much I can do within a given time span before information overload sets in and drives one bunkers. I’m contemplating on visiting 2 – 3 communities/day with a couple days off for relaxation during a week’s mini vacation to Delaware. My intention is to go back again to refine my search in March/April of 2011.

Elizamary:
Quote:
…we never made any appointments. Just walk in. When they see you, believe me they will drop everything and treat you like the most important person in the world. LOL
Is it really that easy that one can just walk in and be shown through the development without prior announcement? After reading what happened to Charlie I’m leery of not calling beforehand although it did him no good at Independence.

Goin’2DE:
Quote:
The Google satelite map is a few years old, so I'm sure you were disappointed when you saw nothing! I believe the corn being grown is the kind for cattle feed and high fructose corn syrup...yuk. I'll be on the lookout for the "crop circles", also will be watching for Shoeless Joe and his teammates!!
Yes, I remember thinking to myself how rural and desolate it all looked and got me to thinking if whether or not I would be able to survive in such a socially barren landscape. But I quickly realized that the image must have been old…I didn’t see anyone waving back at me.
I’m a city boy and I really wouldn’t know the difference between the kinds of corn but of course the first mouthful would have been a rude awakening. LOL…Shoeless Joe?

Quote:
One thing about Roesville that might be helpful, the sales agent (Tammy) is off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
This is duly noted Goin’2DE and thanks for the heads up.

NY2DE

Old 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM

53 posts, read 117,184 times
NY2DE

Nobles Pond and CC both have model homes laid out in a cluster. They are open for touring without any appointment. Just be sure to check their viewing times on their web sites.

If you are interested in the Americana series at CC I would call ahead to see what is available to tour as they don't have model homes for them. They can arrange a showing at ones that are currently being built and sometimes they can arrange with some of the residents to let you go thorough their completed houses.

We are keeping an eye on Noble's Pond because of the pricing of their homes. We liked CC but the prices are creeping up and we do want to be able to afford upgrades. I agree with everyone else on this board. Research, visit, drive around the area and repeat as needed. It is a big decision but you should have fun looking at all the choices that are out there. Good luck.
Kathy

Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM

388 posts, read 998,812 times
NY2DE - if you are planning a visit to Champion's Club in Magnolia (and I hope you do!) please note that Ed, the sales manager, is off Wed and Thurs. You definitely want to see him - very knowledgable, personable, not pushy at all. While hubby and I did make appointments before hand when we were at the visiting stage of the game, we would notice people without such appointments and they were treated just as cordially, however I am old school, I called!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware