Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:10 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInLove View Post
I am planning to relocate to Denver in a couple of months. Single, 31 year old woman, no kids. I am very hopeful to meet a good guy there. So seems like it should not be a problem.
Shouldn't be, consider yourself lucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 05:47 PM

50 posts, read 199,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upforchange View Post
Hey CeCe26!! CRAZY!!- my name is Cece too! wow. I am thinking about moving to Denver too! - From Orange County, CA. I was just in Denver this past weekend and had SO MUCH FUN! The people were GREAT! I had 2 dates in 4 days!! DAMMN!! Not like So. Cal. at all... Hot outdoorsy guys everywhere without attitude!! So much to see and do, positive people, beautiful surroundings, 4 major sports teams. HEAVEN! I am looking to move in summer / fall and I may want a roomate too! I am a 33 y/o SWF, athletic, positive, adventurer! I have never wanted to move away from the beach, but Denver is so awesome, I am seriously considering leaving my familly, my job and my friends to move. I have 6 friends and counting there in Denver.... a newcommers club is a GREAT IDEA!!! I'm in!
Please count me in too, I am a 32 year old SWF w/ no children, moving to "Menver" in March!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:03 PM

6 posts, read 18,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercchick View Post
I moved to Denver a couple years ago from Chicago and also found people to be conservative and not very warm or friendly. I also noted that the majority of people I met were in a relationship. I'm originally from the south and am super social, have no problems interacting with strangers, and put my self out there to meet people. I eventually made friends here, but the conversation isn't very in depth. Someone finally clued me in that people move to Colorado for the mountain sports, not for the social aspect. Ah-ha!

As far as dating, I avoid it like the plague! I'd rather have a root canal than go on one more terrible date! Guys come on super strong (I'm a mountain girl who can also look bangin' in heels) and then try to dominate with their arrogance and ego. I find that having an opinion or sending 5.11s climbing are not a wanted quality for CO men (not natives, ps). And I've dated all sorts of men ranging from 25-45 and all different personalities.

Here's how my last 4 first dates went: First guy I met rock climbing and he asked me, over sushi, my thoughts on him urinating on me. Second guy, I met at church, asked my thoughts on a certain Pulp Fiction style sex toy (again, over sushi and on a first date), third guy I met through friends and he asked if we could go camping on our first date and bring his daughter along (who he then left me with, in a bar, while he flirted with girls at the bar), fourth guy asked me, on our second date where he cooked, to clean the dishes and then asked if I'd come over the next day and help him do yard work ("it'll be a great way for us to bond!")

In Chicago, men treated me like a lady! In Colorado, I'm put off sushi!
I find the dating scene in Chicago extremely exhausting.... I'm a single 32 yr old female and all I keep meeting are boys, not man. On the random occasion that I do meet a decent man, he's either a narcissist or simply selfish and narrow minded. I was shocked to read all the nice things you had to say about Chicago's dating scene....

I'm doing my homework about Denver prior to relocating, so far I'm hearing that yes, there are more man than women, however, unless you're super outdoor type of gal, don't think about moving here for love, am I right? ..... I looked at the weather night and it is in the negatives in Denver.... Ouch! And here I was thinking Chicago was cold.....

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-27-2011 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Fixed a broken attempt to quote another posting.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA10 View Post
I find the dating scene in Chicago extremely exhausting.... I'm a single 32 yr old female and all I keep meeting are boys, not man. On the random occasion that I do meet a decent man, he's either a narcissist or simply selfish and narrow minded. I was shocked to read all the nice things you had to say about Chicago's dating scene....

I'm doing my homework about Denver prior to relocating, so far I'm hearing that yes, there are more man than women, however, unless you're super outdoor type of gal, don't think about moving here for love, am I right? ..... I looked at the weather night and it is in the negatives in Denver.... Ouch! And here I was thinking Chicago was cold.....
I don't think it's been below zero for many months. Perhaps you're looking at Celsius temps, where 32 is 0?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 AM

I got this thermometer app on my iPad, I'm positive it's not in Celsius. I'm glad to hear 32!! Thank you!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Current temp in Louisville is 25.8 according to the Weather Underground.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,954 times
This is funny stuff. I am a single man currently living in Chicago gearing up for a move west to L.A. or Denver. Two vastly different cities of course. I grew up in LA, have friends and family there but Denver offers a completely fresh start which is of interest. I have some Denver work colleagues that reached out to me when they heard I was interested in relocating to the area. They have provided helpful insights but they're married with kids and I am divorced with kids in college.

My job allows me to live anywhere I want. My house is on the market but it does not prevent me from relocating. In the next few weeks I will probably begin using LA as a temporary base while exploring my options.

If any of the folks on this thread are in Chicago and would like to get together to compare notes that would be great. This IS NOT a date if you're a woman. Send me a private email.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM

208 posts, read 419,330 times
I think the "scene" in Denver for guys to make friends than to get laid like you'll find in a bigger city. My opinion is based on how guys here dress when they go out. Instead of looking "hot", they try more to look "cool". For example, here in Capital Hill, I hardly ever see a man dressed up in fashionable "upscale" clothing, it's all about chain wallets and black/dark colors. In chicago or LA, more guys you'll see wearing button down shirts, jeans, and nice shoes who are well groomed.

Last edited by cityfilms; 03-22-2012 at 09:30 AM..

Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM

Hi Techguy,

I was so confused whether or not to move to Denver, then when i finally
decided everyone seemed to have a different opinion on the "sector" where
one should live... i'll give you an example, someone told me "Cherry Creek"
that's the place for you, I then asked someone else and they said that
"cherry creek" is full of soccer mom's etc... that went on for a while to
the point it got overwhelming... anyways, long story short, I decided to
take a day and explore with a friend. Fell in love right away, not only was
it SOOO diverse and full of friendly "transplants", but here are a couple of
other factors that helped me decide, hopefully you'll find it helpful.
(btw, I've been to LA many times. Had to mention that so you don't think
I'm being bias).

- Rent is cheaper in Denver: I'm moving to "Highlands", and the apartment
complex I'm moving into is still under construction. I currently rent a
studio in Lakeview (chicago); in Denver I'll be moving into a 1 bedroom.
Although my pet will have to pay rent, with everything added up, I'm still
saving about $75/month by living in a bigger and nicer place in Denver.

- I love the 4 seasons, but can't live without the sun. Denver is sunny 360
days a year. Even if it snows, hey, guess what... the sun's still out.

- I don't know about you, but I'm SICK and tired of giving the city of
Chicago a good chunk of paycheck. Screw that! I work too hard for my money,
I'll have less tax taken out once I move.

- Transplants are not just from the little hub like in Chicago. Most
transplants in Chicago are either from IA, MI, etc... you get my point.
Transplants are everywhere in Denver and they are ALL so friendly. And did I
mention the age diversity!? Love that about Denver... Chicago is great if
you are in your early 20's, but even YELP agrees that dating in chicago
sucks!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM

THanks for the info Cityfilms... Not looking to get "laid", you can get that anywhere. It's quality not so much quantity for me. As for the way a guy dresses, I personally believe that you can't judge someone's character based on that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver